Arcane Script Sphere: A Spider and Stone Artifact

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arcane Script Sphere
A Spider and Stone Artifact

By D&D Team

For those Forgotten Realms readers who got their first taste of Jaleigh Johnson’s novels with Mistshore, there is reason to rejoice. Spider and Stone, Jaleigh’s current ebook exclusive, revisits her characters Icelin, Ruen, and Sull as they go in search of a powerful artifact: the Arcane Script SphereWe so enjoyed Jaleigh’s characterization of the artifact that we worked with her to make it playable. Read on for a look at the Arcane Script Sphere and its properties for use in your own game. And if you would like to see how it plays out in Jaleigh’s novel, here is a sample chapter.

Talk about this article here.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Great idea to stats out magic items featured in novels! I wish to see more of this! 

EDIT The following power has an error and should instead read ''Intelligence +4 vs. Reflex''  Its also missing a Rarity.

CustServ advised  Ticket [#130204-001007] 

Attack Power  Daily (Standard Action)
Attack: Ranged 30 (one creature); Intelligence +4 vs. Dexterity. Hit: 4d10 damage. Miss: Half damage.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Great idea to stats out magic items featured in novels! I wish to see more of this! 

EDIT The following power has an error and should instead read ''Intelligence +4 vs. Reflex''  Its also missing a Rarity.

CustServ advised  Ticket [#130204-001007] 

Attack Power  Daily (Standard Action)
Attack: Ranged 30 (one creature); Intelligence +4 vs. Dexterity. Hit: 4d10 damage. Miss: Half damage.

Yawn. A big, fat, huge yawn. Given that the books are for generally for 12 year olds, the last thing I need are stats on magic items from a teenage read. But those with the ability to think it through would hazard a guess that it might be a rare item- but of course its not officially a rare until Wizards says so- god forbid we conjure without their evidence.
Yawn. A big, fat, huge yawn. Given that the books are for generally for 12 year olds, the last thing I need are stats on magic items from a teenage read. But those with the ability to think it through would hazard a guess that it might be a rare item- but of course its not officially a rare until Wizards says so- god forbid we conjure without their evidence.

Funny that you say that isn't D&D also for 12+ years old ? 

RE: Rarity, magic items without Rarity are uncommun as default which could matter for Organized Play.

Yan
Montréal, Canada