Bioengineering(B/U/G Evolve)

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Basic BUG deck using the new Simic Evolve Mechanic the focus of the deck is to put as many +1 counters on my Elusive Krasis I use the BUG Combo for a bit of Removal and the card Corpsejack Menace .Desecration Demon is an important player as it slows my opponent down a bit and I could always use the extra +1 counters to activate Zameck Guildmage eff and I could always use Bioshift to transfer counters to another target like Elusive Krasis . Planning on taking this to FNM please tell me what you think.

Creature (21)

• 4x[C]Corpsejack Menace[/C]                    

• 3x[C]Desecration Demon[/C]                    

• 3x[C]Dreg Mangler[/C]                   

• 4x[C]Elusive Krasis[/C]                    

• 4x[C]Master Biomancer[/C]                   

• 3x[C]Zameck Guildmage[/C]                    

Instant (10)

• 4x[C]Bioshift[/C]                    

• 4x [C]Simic Charm[/C]                   

• 2x[C]Ultimate Price[/C]                    

Land (22)

• 4x[C]Breeding Pool[/C]                   

• 4x[C]Forest[/C]                    

• 4x[C]Hinterland Harbor[/C]                    

• 4x[C]Overgrown Tomb[/C]                   

• 2x[C]Watery Grave[/C]                   

• 4x[C]Woodland Cemetery[/C]                   

Sorcery (8)

• 4x[C]Blessings of Nature[/C]                    

• 4x[C]Farseek[/C]                    

Sideboard (15)

• 2x[C]Abrupt Decay[/C]                   

• 2x[C]Biomass Mutation[/C]                    

• 2x[C]Deathrite Shaman[/C]                    

• 2x[C]Illness in the Ranks[/C]                    

• 2x[C]Naturalize[/C]                    

• 2x[C]Sever the Bloodline[/C]                    

• 3x[C]Thragtusk[/C]

You honestly should have rancor in here as it gives your big guys trample and an attack bonus. Maybe swap out 3 of the Blessing of Nature for 3 rancor.

Really like the Corpsejack Menace and Master Biomancer together. Was fiddling around with a possible decklist for it earlier.

Have you considered Vampire Nighthawk, Spell Rupture or Unexpected Results?
Strangleroot geist, or possibly geralf's messenger would love homes here if the manabase allows them. Undying stuff + ways to remove the +1+1 counters = profit.

predator ooze looks like he could be good here for you too.

I'd probably remove the elusive krasis. Seems like he needs a lot of work to get going compared to other cards you could run.

You might wanna play some Arbor Elves since your curve is pretty high and you aren't doing anything turn 1.  You've got 8 shocks and some Forests that he can untap.     
what should I remove for [C]Arbor elves[/C] and for the [C]Rancor[/C] I Really like the [C]Blessings of nature[/C]I will try [C]Vampire Nighthawk[/C] but I don't know what to sub for it as well for [C]Spell Rupture[/C]
I'd drop the Elusive Krasis for Arbor Elf and one Bioshift, Simic Charm, and two Blessings of Nature for four Rancor, personally.
Love the rancor idea with it, but im also thinking can we make a control variant out of this like adding 4 Spell Rupture or 4 Syncopate and 4 Dissipate with maybe 1 or 2 mystic Genesis? I miss the control aspect of games, at least with this build you have some beefy answers to stop aggro to let you control the pace of the game.
How sexy would it be to counter a Swagtusk (Thragtusk) with mystic Genesis and get a 5/5 ooze token!
the main card of the deck is [C]Elusive Krasis[/C] so he staying what about Zameck the guildmage
bump
Cut the blessings of natures and ultimate pricesand 1 Biomancer. add 3 vampire night hawks and 4 strangle root geists better mana curve, hawk is an alt win condition by stacking counters and gaining life link & geist is a 2 cc answer to aggro decks, I'm gonna try that out on this weeks fnm and report back.
ok I made a few changes for FNM tomorrow thanks for the help I hope this works better.

Creature (21)
3x [C]Arbor Elf[/C]
4x [C]Corpsejack Menace[/C]
3x [C]Dreg Mangler[/C]
4x [C]Elusive Krasis[/C]
4x [C]Master Biomancer[/C]
3x [C]Vampire Nighthawk[/C]

Instant (7)
2x [C]Bioshift[/C]
3x [C]Simic Charm[/C]
2x [C]Ultimate Price[/C]

Land (22)
4x [C]Breeding Pool[/C]
4x [C]Forest[/C]
4x [C]Hinterland Harbor[/C]
4x [C]Overgrown Tomb[/C]
2x [C]Watery Grave[/C]
4x [C]Woodland Cemetery[/C]

Sorcery (7)
3x [C]Blessings of Nature[/C]
4x [C]Farseek[/C]

Enchantment (3)
3x [C]Rancor[/C]

Sideboard (15)
2x [C]Abrupt Decay[/C]
2x [C]Deathrite Shaman[/C]
2x [C]Illness in the Ranks[/C]
2x [C]Naturalize[/C]
2x [C]Sever the Bloodline[/C]
2x [C]Spell Rupture[/C]
3x [C]Thragtusk[/C]
the deck is basically nothing but 3 and 4 drops....

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

yeah but with the mana accel like abor elf and farseek I think it will be ok any sugestions of two drops or one drops
Experiment One and Cloudfin Raptor come to mind. Also like Zameck Guildmage, but the colors might not work well with that.

If you had Lotleth Troll you could get value out of your later game arbor elf, experiment, or raptor draws... something to consider methinks.
Also,
I like increasing savagery better than blessings of nature.
I hate to be the harbinger of bad things, but your deck completely folds to Wraths and combat tricks- and while Wraths might be bad in the format, combat tricks and procs that make blocking difficult are at a premium.

The whole problem with "mechanic X" decks  is that you immediately put blinders on and reduce the number of slots available into your deck for a larger scale strategy. Rather, constructed Magic is about knowing which cards it is that you want to play and facilitating them through a critically compared pool of cards in the available format- as opposed to a critically compared group of cards from the same set, or exclusively with the same keyworded mechanics printed onto their face.

Also, your only source of filtration is Farseek, and your deck has an almost non-existant low end of curve and relatively few answers. So while you get to fiddle about with your +1/+1 counter economy, your opponent doesn't really have to care.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
what can i add cloudfin for
bump
ok made changes i am taking this to FNM tomorrow tellme what you think.
Creature (22)
3x [C]Arbor Elf[/C]
4x [C]Cloudfin Raptor[/C]
3x [C]Corpsejack Menace[/C]
3x [C]Dreg Mangler[/C]
3x [C]Elusive Krasis[/C]
4x [C]Master Biomancer[/C]
2x [C]Vampire Nighthawk[/C]
Sorcery (6)
3x [C]Blessings of Nature[/C]
3x [C]Farseek[/C]
Enchantment (3)
3x [C]Rancor[/C]
Land (22)
4x [C]Breeding Pool[/C]
4x [C]Forest[/C]
4x [C]Hinterland Harbor[/C]
4x [C]Overgrown Tomb[/C]
2x [C]Watery Grave[/C]
4x [C]Woodland Cemetery[/C]
Instant (7)
2x [C]Bioshift[/C]
3x [C]Simic Charm[/C]
2x [C]Ultimate Price[/C]
Sideboard (15)
2x [C]Abrupt Decay[/C]
2x [C]Deathrite Shaman[/C]
2x [C]Illness in the Ranks[/C]
2x [C]Naturalize[/C]
2x [C]Sever the Bloodline[/C]
2x [C]Spell Rupture[/C]
3x [C]Thragtusk[/C]
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
Cut 1 or 2 Blessings of Nature for the last Rancor or Farseek. You never want Blessings in your opening hand, so 3 is too many, I feel.
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)
I will do what you thing of increasing savergy?
Sign In to post comments