A Purplebackpack89 Contest: Guild Commands

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
You remember the command series from Lorwyn: Austere, Cryptic, Profane, Incendiary and Primal.  I want designs for this type of card that are two-color, guild-based.

Rules:

1. Each card must be an instant or sorcery with FOUR modes and you get to pick two. 

2. All FOUR must have a multicolored feel to it.  That means you can't just take a charm and tack a fourth modal onto it.  Note that the multicolored aspect can be multicolored in any block (i.e. Invasion, Lorwyn, or Alara in addition to Ravnica/RTR)

3. The CMCs must resemble the CMCs of the original commands. In Azorius, acceptable CMCs are , , , , , :Xm: and :Xm:.  For Golgari, replace all the with , all the with , and all the with :bgm:; etc..  

4. I don't want all the same guild.  If the guy before you did one guild, do a different one

5. If you do Dimir, one of the modals has to be a mill spell of some sort (that's a spell where one or more players put cards from the top of their library(es) into their graveyard(s))

Contest lasts for at least 48 hrs, and at least until all 10 guilds get entries.  You may enter up to three cards.

Bump
Patience, it's only been 45 minutes.  [or at least it was when I started the post]

Lawmage's Command
Instant

Choose two -- Detain all creatures; or counter all spells; or destroy all enchantments; or prevent all damage that would be dealt this turn.

All are equal in the eyes of the law.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Obscure Command
Instant
Choose two - Target player puts the top thirteen cards of his or her library in his or her graveyard; or return target permanent to its owner's hand, then that player discards a card; or exile target spell and all cards in target players graveyard; or target creature gets -3/-0 until end of turn and another target creature gets -0/-3 until end of turn.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
These just feel like bigger Guild Charms.

Bellowed Command
Sorcery
Choose two - Target creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn; or creatures can't block this turn; or creatures block this turn if able; or creature spells you cast this turn gain bloodthirst 4.
Brutal Command
Instant (R)
Choose two - Creatures you control get +4/+2 and gain trample until end of turn; or until end of turn creatures and spells you control can't be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents control; or destroy all artifacts and non-basic lands; or search your library and graveyard for up to three land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

[spoiler Hurr Hurr flavortext] Rage and ruin, cornerstone of every Gruul breakfast.[/spoiler]
Necrotic Command
Sorcery  (R)
Choose two - Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature for each creature in your graveyard; or return target creature with converted mana cost of 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield; or exile X cards from target player's graveyard and put X 1/1 green Saproling tokens onto the battlefield; or destroy target artifact and target creature.

"You have my orders, now hear my command! From the living earth, the dead shall rise!" - Jarad
Catastrophic Command
Catastrophic Command

Instant

Choose two – Counter target instant or sorcery spell; or copy target instant or sorcery spell; or choose new targets for target instant or sorcery spell; or target instant or sorcery spell deals damage to its controller equal to its converted mana cost.

If the Izzet are good at one thing, it's making events spiral out of control.

Creative Command
Creative Command

Sorcery

Choose two – Search your library for a red creature card with converted mana cost 1, reveal it, and put it into your hand; or search your library for a blue instant card with converted mana cost 2, reveal it, and put it into your hand; or search your library for a red sorcery card with converted mana cost 3, reveal it, and put it into your hand; or search your library for a blue planeswalker card with converted mana cost 4, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

If the Izzet are good at one thing, it's coming up with useless ideas.

Curious Command
Curious Command

Sorcery

Choose two – Draw a card; or draw two cards, then discard a card at random; or draw three cards, then discard three cards; or you may discard all the cards in your hand, then draw that many cards. (Perform the actions in the order they are written.)

If the Izzet are good at one thing, it's overcomplication.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Sacred Command - X
Instant
Choose two - Target players gains X life; or return target noncreature permanent card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield; or target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn; or untap up to X target creatures.
Evolutionary Command -
Sorcery
Choose two - Choose up to seven cards you own from outside the game and shuffle them into your library; or put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature you control; or put target permanent on top of its owner's library; or draw two cards.
Aurelia's Command 
Sorcery
Choose two - creatures you control gain first strike, lifelink and vigilance until end of turn; or search your library for an Equipment card, put it onto the battlefield, and shuffle your library; or put five red and white 1/1 Human Soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield; or put a red and white 4/4 Giant Soldier creature token with vigilance onto the battlefield.

Obzedat's Command 
Sorcery
Choose two - each player exiles two non-land permanents he or she controls; or return target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield; or target player reveals his or her hand, you choose two non-land cards from it and that player exiles those cards; or whenever another player would lose life this turn, you gain that much life.

The Defiler's Command 
Sorcery
Choose two - creatures cannot block this turn; or put three 3/1 red and black Zombie Horse creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield; or each creature gets +2/-2 until end of turn; or each player discards his or her hand.
"Waaah there's a few cards I don't like in the latest set! This game sucks now! Everything should just always stay the same because I'm threatened by change! I'm going to quit! I'm quitting! SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE" - approximately 10% of MtG players on all forums, ever. Read my thoughts, feed my ego! - www.tzaphiel.wordpress.com I'm also a writer! Search for "Gareth Topping" on Amazon!
Command 3rg
Sorcery
Choose two - add 3rg to your mana pool; deal damage to target creature equal to the number of lands you control; search your library for three creature cards with different names and reveal them, randomly put one into your hand; Deal 4 damage to each creature and each player.

Don't be too smart to have fun
Savage Command

Sorcery
Choose two - Put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield; sacrifice it at end of turn, or reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card; put that creature onto the battlefield and all other cards revealed this way into your graveyard, or creatures you control gain +3/+0 and have haste until end of turn, or for each creature you control; you may have that creature fight another target creature. (do these things in the order they were written)
When Borborygmos commands you, you'd do well to listen. 

Command of the Conclave

Sorcery
Choose two - put four 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens with first strike onto the battlefield, or put four 1/1 white Bird creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield, or put two 2/2 white Knight creature tokens with vigilance onto the battlefield, or put a 4/4 green Beast creature token with trample onto the battlefield.  
When Trostani calls, all within the Conclave hear it. 

Undercity Command

Sorcery
Choose two - Each player discards their hand, or each player puts the top ten cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, For each player cast a creature spell from that player's graveyard without paying its mana cost, or for each player; cast a non-creature spell from that player's graveyard without paying its mana cost. (do these things in order)
Lazav commands you, whether you know it or not.
Sacred Command - X
Instant
Choose two - Target players gains X life; or return target noncreature permanent card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield; or target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn; or untap up to X target creatures.

I'm getting a serious "colorshifted Profane Command" vibe here. 
That is intented - even the name is a mirror
ONLY A FEW HOURS LEFT TILL VOTING!

Here are some of mine:

Svogthos Command
Instant
(Mark-Golgari)
Choose two-Creatures you control gain deathtouch until end of turn; or return up to three target creature from your graveyard to your hand; or regenerate each creature you control; or put a 3/3 black and green Plant Zombie creature token onto the battlefield

Duskmantle Command
Instant
(Mark-Dimir)
Choose two-Counter target spell unless its controller pays 5 life; or target player draws four cards, then discards four cards; or cast target instant spell from your graveyard without paying its mana cost; or target player puts the top thirteen cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

Orzhova Command
Sorcery
(Mark-Orzhov)
Choose two-Target player loses 4 life and you gain 4 life; or exile target creature; or put three -1/-1 counters on target creature; or put target enchantment card from an opponent's graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.

Rix Command
Instant
(Mark-Rakdos)
Choose two-Destroy target land; or Rix Command deals 2 damage to target creature and its controller loses 2 life; or creatures you control get +1/-1 and intimidate until end of turn, or each player discards his or her hand.

Bump...?
"Waaah there's a few cards I don't like in the latest set! This game sucks now! Everything should just always stay the same because I'm threatened by change! I'm going to quit! I'm quitting! SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE" - approximately 10% of MtG players on all forums, ever. Read my thoughts, feed my ego! - www.tzaphiel.wordpress.com I'm also a writer! Search for "Gareth Topping" on Amazon!
I'm torn between Throctar's Command of the Conclave and Tzaph's Defiler's Command