Questions I've Always Wanted to Ask Pro Players:

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I don't know how many of them are on here, but I am hoping by some chance there are some pro players on the forum who would be willing to answer these questions for me and/or steer me in the right direction.    Cool

My questions:

I am curious what kind of time / energy committment you are putting into the pro tour.  Is it the equivalent of a part-time job, a full-time job, or even more effort than that?     [I am intentionally ignoring the question of how much talent and playing expertise it takes, and rather trying to focus on what your own personal experience has been.]

How much money do you spend on travel, playing events, and/or preparing gauntlets of decks to test?   Are you preparing mostly on Magic Online, or do you playtest in person?   I have read that some people actually make a little bit of money playing this game.... is this actually true, and if so, what is the likelihood of that?

Most importantly, when it's all said and done, what are you getting out of this?   Are there some unexpected perks?   Were there a lot of challenges you didn't expect?    Is it really all worth it to you?  What would be your main pieces of advice for people who are considering becoming grinders?

I am just curious.   I've always wondered what it'd be like to try to take my love for MTG to that level...   Smile
Did I post this thread in the wrong category?
Sign In to post comments