Season 12 Community Resources

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
A place to share any resources developed to help run Encounters (4e and Next).

Edition Neutral

Fiasco Relationships - (davidgiven)
Blank Wanted Poster - (AlHazerd)
Role Play Reward Cards/NPC Cards - (davidgiven)
Hommel Lane Scorecard - (BryceL)
Enda Yate's Journal - (TMcCambley)
Sir Moonbrook's Message - (Vobeskhan)

D&D Next

Pregen Wizard Spell List - (Feetz)
Pregen Cleric Spell List - (Feetz)
New Pregens - (AlHazerd)
Monster Stats - (BryceL)

4th Edition
Reward/Bonus Cards - (Vobeskhan)

--------------------------------------

I'm running this season using Next. I created a spell sheet for the pregenerated Cleric and Wizard so new players would have the information handy. I also put a few extra spell related things on the sheets for quick reference (e.g., attack bonus, saving throw, slots). I added a line to the 1st-level spell Divine Favor to explain under what conditions concentration would be broken for the Cleric. Feel free to use.

Elf Wizard Spell List

Human Cleric Spell List

@feetz_grande on Twitter

I redid the character sheets with a "spellbook" section at the end, with the same information. Is that kind of thing okay to share?

I also made new pregens, since I had a metric buttload of people show up, which caused there to be four Bounty Hunters at one table.

Pre-Gen Checklist *
Dwarf Barbarian
Dwarf Cleric (Protector)
Dwarf Monk (Stone's Endurance)
Dwarf Rogue (Assassin)
Elf Cleric (Arcanist)
Elf Fighter (Slayer)
Elf Monk (Four Storms)
Elf Rogue (Scout)
Halfling Cleric (Lifebringer)
Halfling Fighter (Duelist)
Halfling Monk (Phoenix)
Halfling Wizard (Illusions)
Human Monk (Mercy)
Human Rogue (Rake)
Human Wizard (Evocation)

*Please note the checklist reflects that I changed the default pregen halfling rogue to be a Guild Thief, mainly because I wanted to use all Backgrounds and that one didin't fit any of the other pregens I made. FWIW, it also avoids the "Thieves' Tools Proficiency" issue.

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development, Grifford's Protection cleric domain, gojirra's (Un)Death cleric domain.

General Campaign Stuff: Bawylie's Budget Dungeons

Also, I came up with some new cleric options to represent the Lawbringer and the Old Faith (including three new Channel Divinity options, Channel Law, Channel Skill, and Entangle); you can see them here. I would dearly love some feedback; I based all the options on similar powers in the Channel Divinity list, but I'm not sure my math is right.

As it is, I'm of two minds about using the options. On the one hand, it provides instant connection to the NPCs, and there are places in the module where the players gain advantages or disadvantages if they identify with one or the other religious faction.

On the other hand, not providing the options would require all players to actually think about the factions to make their decision -- there would be no kneejerk, "I'm a Lawbringer priest, so that's obviously the faction I'll join" reactions.

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development, Grifford's Protection cleric domain, gojirra's (Un)Death cleric domain.

I'm also working up some Wanted posters for various villains. I want to give any Bounty Hunter PC four posters, one of which will be Enda Yate. Since I'm basically stealing decent artwork from the Internet, these will not be shared, but I thought I'd contribute the idea.

Thought you'd want to know that the links for the Elf Cleric, Halfling Monk and Halfling Wizard point to the wrong place - a repeat of the Dwarf Barbarian, Dwarf Monk and Halfling Cleric, respectively, instead of their actual version.

Thank you, sir! Fixed!

I will be DM'ing at Dice House running 4E.

For tonights Session Zero I plan to run a Fiasco based party building excercise.

My goal is to go through the Fiasco Setup to create relationships between the characters at the table, allow the players to create some creative backstory elements, and to encourage the players to do more roll playing.

Here is a copy of the playset I will be using--note that this may contain some 'spoilers' for some of the tables--I use some names & objects from the adventure [I am not sure how spoiler-phobic we need to be on the forums]:

I'm also working up some Wanted posters for various villains. I want to give any Bounty Hunter PC four posters, one of which will be Enda Yate. Since I'm basically stealing decent artwork from the Internet, these will not be shared, but I thought I'd contribute the idea.

This is a great idea & I am stealing it! can you link to the format you are using without the internet images?
This is a great idea & I am stealing it! can you link to the format you are using without the internet images?

Since it's apparently a popular idea, here's a blank form of what I'm doing. The fonts are CoffeeTin and Carnivalee Freakshow which I found on dafont.com. The center has an image of Lidda the iconic 3E halfling from this page. So as not to overwhelm bounty hunter PCs, I'm only making four posters:

• Enda Yate: halfling bandit leader. She was originally from Halls of Undermountain, a 4E book.

• Josephus Blaze: murderer and suspected lycanthrope. He is also from Halls of Undermountain.

• Sartine Sorrowsworn: death cultist. She's from E3 Assault on Nightwyrm Castle, a 4E module.

• Tiptoe: kidnapper. She's from MINI2-03 Raven Knights, a 4E Living Forgotten Realms adventure.

These products are all also written by Shawn Merwin. Sort of an in-joke for my own amusement and that of the two or three people I'll mention it to who know who Shawn Merwin is.

*DING*

Thanks for sharing this. I am probably going to pull out the wanted posters after a session or two.
This week I made cards to rewrd the PC's for good Role Play. 

Here is the back:

And here is the Front of the Cards:

I also made some NPC cards:

Here is the back:

And here is the Front of the Cards:

I also made some NPC cards:

Great cards!

Excellent David, might have to steal this idea Smile

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

The village of Hommel Lane is VERY nicely done. Alas, the amount of text means it can be hard to run things on the fly.  Here's a scorecard to help you run the village. Grab it an print double-sided. 

And of course I can't post a link. Ug.

docs.google.com/file/d/0B4wpCwKDa4dCYTc1...

Find a new Dungeoncrawl www.tenfootpole.org

Here's a scorecard to help you run the village.

Very nice! Thank you.

---------------

I've edited my original post to incorporate all of the resources submitted so far.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Very nice village scorecard!
And here's a nice one-page summary of the monsters for 5e. This format is all I use 95% of the time.

docs.google.com/file/d/0B4wpCwKDa4dCVHU2...

The village of Hommel Lane is VERY nicely done. Alas, the amount of text means it can be hard to run things on the fly.  Here's a scorecard to help you run the village. Grab it an print double-sided. 

Great sheet! am I right in figuring that column 1 denotes actual religious affiliation and column 5 is apparent religious affiliation? 
Not quite. 5 is their demonination but 1 is the faction they are a part of. The Snake Cult or Lareth. 

If anybody would like, I just wrote up a short handout that represents Enda Yate's ledger. I don't have a place I can post it, but I can email it anyone who could post it. The text of it, is as follows:

From the Journal of Enda Yate

Large portions of this journal consist of ledgers, detailing payments to several individuals, chief amongst them is an individual called Lareth, and two other individuals identified as G and R.  The entries consist of many detailed descriptions of goods acquired in her raids, and the agreed upon sum given to her by her three contacts.

In addition there were three other entries of note:

…this Lareth is a right nutter, the worst sort of man for whom there is no act too depraved to honour the vile power that he bends his knee to.  Lareth “the beautiful” if you please, has a simple enough remit for me.  Hire fellow mercenaries, and harass the trade leading to Hommel Lane.  Though I despise this self-important acolyte, his gold shines as well as any others.  As long as he leaves me to my business, I shall leave his to him.

(dated months later) The guards of these caravans have doubled in number and lessened in skill, which is greatly to my liking…but Lareth now demands that we either put to the sword the traders and their guards or enslave the rotters.  Lawbringer damn that cleric’s eyes, is not my job hard enough without having to kill in the name of his blasphemous power.  I will lie, cheat, steal and wound in the service of my coinpurse, but murder is another kettle entirely…surely my plans to usurp this madman is the correct course of action and keep the bandit gold flowing by shearing not slaughtering my sheep.

(dated a month later)…so Lareth and his robed and becowled  party turned to descend those stairs to the Moathouse’s depths.  If only that enchanted wall did not exist.  I know the treasure he pays out is probably merely bare morsels compared to the feast he and his death cultists must sup upon.  Like ravens they dress, with a single circle of blood limned in gold upon their chests, they walk through that wall of night…if only I might pass but I know not the word that allows passage.  Mayhap R might know…still the unspeakable acts that pass unseen down there, I shudder at the thought.

I'll just link to your post. In the future you could create a google doc and post the link.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Never thought of Google Docs.  I'll have to remember that for next time. 
www.dropbox.com/s/wkaqv0osxih51yo/Bonus%...

Finally got around to creating my own player reward/bonus cards for this season (and my own campaigns), based off of some of the old RPGA reward cards.

Will be trying them out this week at Encounters. Going to give players who roll either a natural 1 or 20 in game a randomly picked card.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Updated

@feetz_grande on Twitter

My daughter likes messing about with photoshop so I asked her to come up with a picture of Moonbrooks last message.

This is what she gave me tonight.....

www.dropbox.com/s/4mt4czenas9wgi1/moonbr...

better than I hoped for just a one session prop.

My daughter likes messing about with photoshop so I asked her to come up with a picture of Moonbrooks last message.

This is what she gave me tonight.....

www.dropbox.com/s/4mt4czenas9wgi1/moonbr...

better than I hoped for just a one session prop.

Great job! I wish I could have used that but that was last week's session for me.
I continue to be amazed at the skill and ingenuity of the DMs here. My group is beyond that encounter now, but they would have been stoked to have seen that visual.