D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos – Preview & Resources

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

Everything you need to know about D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos now available at Dungeon's Master.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

Awesome--thanks for the map scan--I am wondering if someone could artfully scrub the location numbers from the map so I could use it as a player handout.

Also, for Week Zero [this week], is there any information that the player MUST recieve before the adventure starts next week? I am not seeing anything on page 5 of the module, but I wanted to check to see if there is something that should be covered.
My main suggestion for character creation would be to make sure the PCs pick a faith (lawbringer vs. old faith) if you are going to play up that conflict during the season. Another option is to give the PCs connections to NPCs in Hommel Lane, especially the ones that are either missing or might be a little "off." I'm sure other people have suggestions as well, like the "Wanted" posters mentioned elsewhere.
Awesome--thanks for the map scan--I am wondering if someone could artfully scrub the location numbers from the map so I could use it as a player handout.

Also, for Week Zero [this week], is there any information that the player MUST recieve before the adventure starts next week? I am not seeing anything on page 5 of the module, but I wanted to check to see if there is something that should be covered.

I'm just going to give them the map with the numbers revealed - with the short time frame I figure it will help keep things moving and make it easier to know what the players and the DM are referring to. 

WRT character creation - I brought up the current religious situation and made sure to have the players come down on one side or the other during character creation (also they had the option to be unaffiliated with either but no one went that route. Incidentally, I had three of the four falling in with the Old Faith (Hedge Wizard, Charlatain Rake (who often pretends to follow the lawbringer), and the Cleric of the Trickster. The only one that went with the Lawbringer was the Dwarven Knight (Protector).)