Card Question 4

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey all,here are some situations/cards i need to double check a few things on,thanks in advance for the replays

1: Ok so you have Trostani, Selesnya's Voice and Geist of Saint Traft on the battlefield...you attack with Geist of Saint Traft and you put the 4/4 angle onto the battlefield...two questions 1) would Trostani, Selesnya's Voice trigger ability go off and you would get 4 life or no because it says "put" and not "enter" ... 2) is "put" and "enter" the same effect?? I don't think it is,i just need to double check here.I hope i explain this right.

2: Say my opponent cast Bonfire of the Damned and he makes "x" 8 mana (say they cast it for the mirale cost) and in reponds i play Mystic Genesis The card reads at the end "where X is that spell's converted mana cost" The converted mana cost would be whatever the card comes onto play as...so in this case it would be 9 mana wouldn't it? and you would put a 9/9 Ooze onto the battlefield correct?

3:The card Nightveil Specter is say at the end "You may play cards exiled with Nightveil Specter" That means i can cast those cards at the appropriate time does it not? Creatures during my turn,Instants in reponds etc etc with paying there mana cost of course. Play and cast means the same thing does it not?

Thanks again everyone 

1. 1. yes
1. 2. if you put a token onto the battlefield it entered the battlefield

2. the token would be 17/17, the mana cost is , which means the CMC is 17
if it was cast for its Miracle cost the answer is still the same

3. you have to stick to the timing restrictions of the card and you have to pay all costs

next time ask rules questions in Rules Q&A, this is the wrong forum for this
proud member of the 2011 community team
All rules questions belong in Rules Q&A.

Moving to Rules Q&A. 

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Play and cast means the same thing does it not?   

they aren't exactly the same no
to play a card means to cast that card as a spell for nonland cards and play it as a land for land cards

to cast is only ever done with nonland cards (or rarely with facedown land)

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.