2/5/2013 RC: "Building on a Boros"

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Stonewright? "Ok"? Are you crazy?
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
"Assemble the Enchanters" looks like a huge amount of fun! So tempted to build it once the cards are out online... even looks quite strong against some decks.

Already looking forward to the well of ideas that I can jump in in two weeks for my Simic-deck-to-be.
Photobucket
Great article, but I do have one question: Do guildgates have a place in a deck where staying on curve is as important as you stress many times over throughout the article? 
Great article, but I do have one question: Do guildgates have a place in a deck where staying on curve is as important as you stress many times over throughout the article? 

I'm not huge on them, but making your mana work is also a large priority in this deck. With only two, you can kind of plan for it and play off-curve if you have to. If there was a good untapped mana fixer, I would definitely play that instead, but Shimmering Grotto isn't going to do the trick. You can certainly try playing without them and see how it works, I just erred on the side of mana fixing here.
1x aurelia's fury
1x aurelia, the warleader
4x battlefield forge
4x boros charm
4x boros elite
4x cerodon yearling
4x firefist striker
4x firemane avenger
1x foundry champion
3x frontline medic
4x legion loyalist
4x martial glory
9x mountain
9x plains
4x skyknight legionnaire
Stonewright? "Ok"? Are you crazy?

a recent monored deck ran 4 and made top eight, frequently pumping absurdly or just pushing in the firat points of damage to put em in burn range
"Assemble the Enchanters" looks like a huge amount of fun! So tempted to build it once the cards are out online... even looks quite strong against some decks.

I saw that deck too and built my own version of it. Added in 4 Blind Obedience for extra annoyance and Extort, added in a couple Aurelia's Fury for direct damage to finish off the game, and 4 Dangerous Wagers for card draw once my hand runs out of useful enchantments (removed Bonds of Faith because Humans seem pretty popular these days, and Burden of Guilt for being too slow, as well as a couple Defangs to make space).