Rate the Card above you

1963 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is how it goes:

Rate the card posted above you, 1~10, 10 being the highest rating, and give another card for the next user to rate on. 

I'll start:

Krenko, Mob Boss

(Rate and post another card)
I'll give Mob Boss a 9 (10 has to be pretty f-ing special).  This guy is an awesome goblin.

Rate: Enter the Infinite
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
That's a tough one. Depends on format, and competitive/casual. I give it a 5, because I think most ppl are gonn alook at this from a competitive standpoint. It's just too expensive. Capable of truly staggering possibilities though. Maybe around a 6.5 in a big MP FFA game.

Rate: Shadow Alley Denizen, our newest 1 drop vampire.
7 Because I'm not sure, I'm afraid I passed on a good card for my Vampire deck. The card I written below is the 1 drop I have for my vampire deck. I also have Blood Artist but that wasn't made for the vampire deck I'm currently running.

Rate: Vampire Lacerator

[C]Vampire Lacerator[/C] gets a solid 6 from me. There are better options at higher rarities, but for a common it's pretty strong. I never played Zendikar limited, but I can imagine how gleefully I'd curve from this guy into a [C]Blood Seeker[/C] into a lucky [C]Vampire Nighthawk[/C].

Next up: how about... [C]Contempt[/C]. 
4. Good with Ball Lightning or Putrefax type of creatures.

Pandemonium
I will give it a 8

What about
Gideon, Champion of Justice

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

A solid 8. It loves a whole slew of mechanics, from undying to unearth to evoke, and especially devour. A friend's record is getting it to ping for over 300 with Thromok the Insatiable.

Werebear

(Also, for the record, I really disagree with BarlowEnter's rating of Shadow Alley Denizen: it's a common one drop that's incredibly relevant outside of mirror matches, and stays good in the mid-late game, when it can let through any larger creatures.)
A sold 7 love the efect for the mana but it would be cool if it was stronger.

What about this card

Kaalia of the Vast

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

A sold 7 love the efect for the mana but it would be cool if it was stronger.

What about this card

Kaalia of the Vast

7. It is awesome in casual formats, but no ware else. I also think its made half of the profit they made on the premade commanders.

next: nissa revane 
(she may be the card that people are most bi-polar about-that I know of.)
I'm in the minority of those who like Nissa. I like that she's a target for opponents to waste resources on getting rid of, while providing some no-so-useless abilities in the meantime.

I give her a 6.5. 7 is too strong for most ppl's tastes', but better than a 6. 

More green Zendi:

Vines of Vastwood   
6. Used in Modern infect decks and, though I never played Zendikar limited, seems strong there as well.

Stensia Bloodhall is the next card.
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
8.5. Red burn isn't really my cup of tea, but obviously Guttersniper is all over the place. MP even better.

Moonveil Dragon
7. Seems like a decent ability and flying is always good.

Karn Liberated 
3. Venser was obviously the better character, so having him commit suicide to get Karn back was annoying. If we had to lose Venser, at least we could have gotten Urza back instead of Karn.

Ice Cauldron
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Ok, I'll tap it and put a counter on it for a rating of 3. Next turn, I give it a rating of 3.5 plus the token for 3, which is a total of 6.5.

True Conviction
Already posted that one, but happy to discuss it further. :P

I give it an 8. I like it. Ranked with the other 7 1-drop vampires (there are 8 total now), I'd rank it as #4 or 5. Has some usefulness later in the game too. Build a deck around it, and it could be quite potent. Time will tell, but suffice it to say I already have my 4 and am working on several ideas, both tribal and MP.

To be fair, since this has been brought up twice, once by me, I'm gonna let someone else comment and give us our next card. Or I'll post another card in 15 minutes or so.

OK, moving on:

Illusionist's Bracers
8, with enough mana you can remove everything your opponent's foolish enough to block with and wipe out his life total with some help.

Wickerbough Elder
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Wickerbough Elder

Versatile removal is really good and this creature is a very interesting idea, but it's a little bit slow. I like how it gets stronger when you remove their stuff, though, and there are lots of good artifacts and enchantments you may need to remove with it. As utility cards go it's maybe a 6 overall, but it does have a lot of potential for combos. If it cost maybe 3 cmc and/or came in with two -1/-1 counters it would be awesome.

Echoing Truth

A more versatile unsummon with the added benefit of wiping tokens for a single mana more and can get rid of enchants and planeswalkers in addition to creatures.

7 - solid card, not exceptional.

horned kavu
horned kavu

I love this guy I'll give him a solid 8. Low cost, nice body but oh no, I must return my Flametongue Kavu to my hand. Oh well.

Hurloon Minotaur (aka Remember When I Was the Face of Magic?)

Hurloon Minotaur (aka Remember When I Was the Face of Magic?

He's a weak girly man who just got thrown out on his ass by a real man.

Hurloon Wrangler knows how to get in dem PAAAAAAAAANTS. Even the best bounce spell in the game is not exceptional in his eyes.

One of the more useful cards out of Unglued. 7. Someone's always got denim on.

Foul Imp
One of the more useful cards out of Unglued. 7. Someone's always got denim on.

Foul Imp

4/10 for being a coconut monkey.

Doomgape

Doomgape

The name sounds like a nickname you'd give someone's mamma. The effect is the same as well BAZING! TENOTTATEN!

Squee's Toy

Doomgape

The name sounds like a nickname you'd give someone's mamma. The effect is the same as well BAZING! TENOTTATEN!

Squee's Toy

Don't forget to rate the card posted above you (:

Grove of the Guardian 

Doomgape

Squee's Toy

Grove of the Guardian 

...didn't you forget too?

Doomgape 5
Squee's Toy 4
Grove of the Guardian 4

Aven Trailblazer
hmm, tough one. at worst he is a 2/1 flyer for 3, but in the alara metagame he would typically be a 2/2 for 3 or a 2/3 for 3, both of which are fairly good for the price; in limited.

hmm, how about shivan raptor?
7 maybe, it's a little difficult to keep track of.

...didn't you forget too?

Nope, I put the rating above the quote clauses.

Carnival Hellsteed
5. Plus an additional 1 for flavor text. So 6 total. I doubt I'd ever play it. Would you?

Rogue's Passage
Rogue's Passage

I'll give this a 7, is a little expensive but everything else about it is excellent.

Dauthi Slayer

I love Rogue's Passage, in limited it's great, and I played it in standard for a while before switching my deck to red/green and using Wolfrun instead. I give it an 8.

Next:

Wild Beastmaster

Edit: D'oh! Ninjaed! He must have beaten me to it by using the Rogue's Passage!
6 for Wild Beastmaster

5. Plus an additional 1 for flavor text. So 6 total. I doubt I'd ever play it. Would you?

Rogue's Passage

I bought it for a budget deck a user name Shinbatsu built and posted in the Salvation budget forum. Many users praised him for the Guildgate decks he built, so I decided to take a leap of faith.

Rakdos Control Link:forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost.php?p=9...

LANDS - 24
10 Swamp
10 Mountain
4 Rakdos Guildgate

CREATURES - 16
4 Thrill-Kill Assassin
4 Rix Maadi Guildmage
4 Guttersnipe
2 Chaos Imps
2 Carnival Hellsteed
SPELLS - 20
4 Searing Spear
2 Mizzium Mortars
2 Sign in Blood
2 Dreadbore
4 Mind Rot
2 Murder
4 Auger Spree

Thrill-Kill Assassin 

Doomgape

Squee's Toy

Grove of the Guardian 

I didn't forget... My rating was TENOUTTATEN

Thrill-Kill Assassin

This one seems to me standard fare; I'd normally give it a 5, the p/t seem odd and unleash on this card doesn't really do anything for me. But I'm deducting a point for this because a card which (1) is an assassin (2) has the name "thrill-kill assassin" (3) references "Massacre Girl" in the flavor just (4) deserves a way cooler card than this. Gets a 4.

Solitary Confinement

Giant Adephage really nice 8/8 for CMC of 7 that copies itself? I think the giant beetle gets a 9.

Hatred
8. Personally, I would expect it to be seeing more attention than it's getting. It's not like it's THAT hard making 7 mana in a green deck.

Intimidation Bolt