A Detektor Blip: Prohibition Agent

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Prohibition Agent 
Creature - Human Soldier

Prohibition Agent attacks each turn if able.
Whenever Prohibition Agent deals damage to a player, that player gains an emblem with "You can't cast spells with converted mana cost equal to the number of emblems you have".
He rides forth each day to enforce Ravnica's laws against addictive ideas and toxic beliefs.
2/2

I'm not sure if this is the ideal way to word this effect, but whatever.
It's really weird that this interacts with other emblems. It also seems kind of really overpowered: unless it hits an unreasonable number of times, isn't your opponent going to end up with like 8 dead cards in their deck?

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

Whenever Prohibition Agent deals damage to an player,

Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
Okay, fine. "a player".

Whenever Diseased Vermin deals combat damage to a player, put an infection counter on it.

At the beginning of your upkeep, Diseased Vermin deals X damage to target opponent previously dealt damage by it, where X is the number of infection counters on it.

When this damages a player, put a counter chip on it.
Players previously damaged by this, may not cast spells
   of mana toll equal to the counter chips on this.

Whenever Diseased Vermin deals combat damage to a player, put an infection counter on it.

At the beginning of your upkeep, Diseased Vermin deals X damage to target opponent previously dealt damage by it, where X is the number of infection counters on it.

When this damages a player, put a counter chip on it.
Players previously damaged by this, may not cast spells
   of mana toll equal to the counter chips on this.

That's essentially what I would have done if I didn't want the effect to last after the creature died.
I preffer to keep effects on the board if they are in play.

If the non-sacrifced creature dies, put a pickle chip on it.
Creatures with pickle chips cannot attack block, or activate abilities.
The emblem says that cmc equal to not equal to or less than... so the more damage you deal, the higher the cmc they can't cast. So if this hits four times, they can't cast cmc 4, then next turn it hits they can't cast cmc 5. So this actually eventually becomes almost useless... realistically you want to hit with this two to three times for the most disruption.
Whenever Prohibition Agent deals damage to an player,

No, it's an player. The guy Channel/Fireballed himself.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt