Monk's Diamond Body feature needs amendment?

The monk's Diamond Body feature seems to me as if it could lead to potentially ridiculous roleplaying situations. If monks with this feature become immune to poison, why don't they regularly fill their homes with poison gas to thwart intruders? Maybe just give them advantage on saving throws against poison instead? Or resistance to poison?

To fill your home with poison gas would be incredibly expensive, and prevent you from inviting over anyone you didn't want to kill. I mean, why don't lich necromancers fill their own lairs full of poison gas? It's just wildly impractical.

The metagame is not the game.

The monk's Diamond Body feature seems to me as if it could lead to potentially ridiculous roleplaying situations. If monks with this feature become immune to poison, why don't they regularly fill their homes with poison gas to thwart intruders?

What if they want to have visitors over?

The monk's Diamond Body feature seems to me as if it could lead to potentially ridiculous roleplaying situations. If monks with this feature become immune to poison, why don't they regularly fill their homes with poison gas to thwart intruders? Maybe just give them advantage on saving throws against poison instead? Or resistance to poison?

Because poison gas dissipates quickly and thus it isn't really easy to keep their home full of gas.

Because poison gas makes all their food taste like crap.

Because even if they are immune to it, it still stinks and makes their eyes water.

Because even if they are immune, Rover isn't.

Because they 'tend towards Lawful' and that isn't a very lawful thing to do.

Because it corrodes the uphostery.

But at least every single dwarf is no longer immune to poison.   So the question is:  Is whatever Monks have no better than what every level 1 dwarf has - or should it be better.  If it should be better, than resistance and advantage don't cut it.

Carl
I don't really see it as something so impervious. The monk probably has to concentrate on their body to channel their ki energy and filter out the toxins. I would say that for prolonged periods of time you still have to make constitution or wisdom checks to keep yourself healthy, or otherwise be stuck spending your time on surviving rather than your typical activities. I guess it depends on what "flavor" of monk you are playing and how you justify the supernatural abilities. In any case, hopefully bending the rules a little bit for RP purposes wont cause a big uproar in your group.