Extort deck Casual Play help please!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey,

So I am fairly new to magic and this will be my first post on the site. After looking at the new mechanics of extort I have this deck set up listed below. My main goal with this is for casual or multiplayer where I can just sit back and control the field and extort people to death. I know there are few bombs here, but my goal was a ton of very cheap spells and the nice mana ramp to extort. Let me know what you might add or take out. 

Thanks!

2x doom blade

3x oblivion ring 

3x blind obedience 

2x deaths approach 

2x pacify 

3x executioner swing

2 x go for the throat

3 x mortify

2x killing wave - Combined with crypt ghast can create a board wipe

4x crypt ghast

1x ghost council 

3x High priest of penance 

2x kingpin's pet

2x basilica guards

2x thrull parasite

2x basilica screecher

2x syndic of tithes

4x fiend hunter 

1x godless shrine 

This is slightly above 60 cause im still trying to figure out what I should add or remove. 

and by one godless shrine I mean 4. With the amount of extort Im hoping to do, I dont think the life loss will be that much of an impact
Total Spells: 19

Creatures: 22
[deck]
4 crypt ghast
1 ghost council 
3 High priest of penance 
2 kingpin's pet
2 basilica guards
2 thrull parasite
2 basilica screecher
2 syndic of tithes
4 fiend hunter 
[deck]

Lands: 23
[deck]
10 swamp
8  Plains
4 godless shrine
[/deck] 
Dude! Please Learn How to Autocard!
To Autocard individual cards type [c*]Into the Maw of Hell[/c*] and remove the asterisks to get Into the Maw of Hell or Stuffy Doll. Ta-Da! Autocarded! When Autocarding a deck type: Yay! Now people are actually look at your decklist properly and help you improve it! Excellent! You can tell that I love exclamation marks!
Basics to Building a Solid Deck
1. Try to run playsets of cards (meaning 4 of a card). This way your deck will win more consistently and you will draw your better cards more often. 2. Make sure to focus your deck on one single idea that can win you the game and make sure all the cards in your deck contribute to that idea. You have a limited number of cards so make sure all of them count. For example, your deck could be a Elf Tribal deck, an Aggro aggressive deck or maybe a Control deck. 3. Card advantage is very important. You need to understand that cards the draw you more cards are extremely helpful. The more cards you have in your hand the more options you have. With more options you have a greater chance at winning the game. 4. Removal is also quite important. Most decks more or less should run at least some removal. 5. Last but not least, make sure your deck is exactly 60 cards! Even 61 is not acceptable. Good luck in deck building!
Thank you for fixing it, I apologize that was my first post to the site.
When posting a deck, autocard helps
[*c]Fog[*/c](minus the *) = Fog

[*deck]
2 Fog
3 Think Twice
[*/deck](minus the *)
=

If you want a swamp matters wipe/cards
Liliana of the Dark Realms
Mutilate
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
My main problem with extort remains the same. Hard to do it with only two colors and the right two colors if you can only have 2 is black/green for crop rotation finding urborg, tomb of yawgmoth . I guess you could also do it with artifact power for your singleton white needs but this feels forced.

You want some form of repeatable spell. White has flickering ward and spirit loop. Black has squat outside recurring nightmare which is hella expensive.

rancor is better then any black or white sources since it does 4 things perfect. It is a one casting cost spell that returns to your hand(first and second thing). It changes useless creatures into useful ones with trample and a power bump (thing three and four).

So I really think you want to pick white/green or green/black, or if you have deep pockets white/green/black. prismatic omen and enlightened tutor deserve an honorable mention if you insist on running blind obedience.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
As an additional thought, the only 2 extort creatures I think are with the curve are treasury thrull and crypt ghast, and in both cases this is because of their secondary abilities.

High priest of penance is one of the few cards in gatecrash I actually like but it has to be built around which you are not doing. Similar things can be said about fiend hunter which requires bounce and a sundial.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
So my understanding of extort was wrong. I thought you could trigger it multiple times if you had untapped mana. So now understanding that, I realize I have no bombs and would create a boring stalemate. What would you reccomend for black white bombs