end of turn

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Act of Treason 

end of turn meaning??

1. end of your turn?
2. begining of your next turn? 
Act of treason's effect lasts until the end of whatever the current turn is. Most likely that means it lasts until the end of your turn.
If something lasts until "end of turn", it fades in the next cleanup step - which is going to be in the current turn (I can't think of any card that would cause an exception to this).
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
"until end of turn" is short for "until the end of the current turn". Specifically, it will end at the in the cleanup step of the current turn.

500.5. When a phase or step ends, any effects scheduled to last “until end of” that phase or step expire. When a phase or step begins, any effects scheduled to last “until” that phase or step expire. Effects that last “until end of combat” expire at the end of the combat phase, not at the beginning of the end of combat step. Effects that last “until end of turn” are subject to special rules; see rule 514.2.

514. Cleanup Step

514.1. First, if the active player’s hand contains more cards than his or her maximum hand size (normally seven), he or she discards enough cards to reduce his or her hand size to that number. This turn-based action doesn’t use the stack.

514.2. Second, the following actions happen simultaneously: all damage marked on permanents (including phased-out permanents) is removed and all “until end of turn” and “this turn” effects end. This turn-based action doesn’t use the stack.

Act of Treason 

end of turn meaning??

1. end of your turn?

The word «turn» always means the actual-currently-engaged-right-nowhish-turn...

...unless it unequivocally says so on the card.

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)

Act of Treason 

end of turn meaning??

1. end of your turn?

typically, it would be (1) unless you cast Act of Treason on your opponent's turn, in which case the control effect would end during the end phase of his turn.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out