W/B/U Experiment

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Would love some advice on how to improve this. I think there are some cool things happening here, that with some teeking, could be a brutal deck.

Main Deck

Sideboard
[Deck]2 Archon of the Triumvirate
3 Azorius Charm
2 Kingpin's Pet
4 Lyev Skyknight
2 Sphinx's Revelation
2 Treasury Thrull[/Deck] 

Well what's the objective of the deck? Is it meant to be Aggro, Midrange, or Control (and not two of them)?
Well what's the objective of the deck? Is it meant to be Aggro, Midrange, or Control (and not two of them)?

I guess I was thinking control. I was really interest in the Exquisite Blood/Fhox Faithmender combo, and finding ways to cause life loss to trigger that combo (Deathrite Shaman, Extort, Obzedat, Geralfs Messanger). Maybe its not a very viable idea? I like to think there is something to that.
Vizkopa Guildmage and Exquisite Blood can get an infinite loop going. I'd build around that and use Obzedat or Extort to start the loop.
Vizkopa Guildmage and Exquisite Blood can get an infinite loop going. I'd build around that and use Obzedat or Extort to start the loop.

I'm unaware of the specific ruling... so.. if I gain 2 life, and pay to have that life do 2 damage to my opponent.... with exquisite blood I then gain 4 life, and if i pay the cost then that does 4 damage, and so on? Thats actaully legal? jesus.
Just use the guild mages 2nd ability with an exquisite blood in play, the get something to gain you life or hit your enemy and it goes into an infinite loop. 

Ex. You do above and you swing with the guild Mage.
-2 damage to enemy : blood goes on stack
+2 from blood effect : guildmage effect goes on stack
-2 life from enemy from guildmage effect : blood goes on stack.
etc etc etc

your biggest enemy here would be skullcrack or removal on your key spells. I have already had to vs a deck abusing this very combo, it was pretty nasty.

Just use the guild mages 2nd ability with an exquisite blood in play, the get something to gain you life or hit your enemy and it goes into an infinite loop. 

Ex. You do above and you swing with the guild Mage.
-2 damage to enemy : blood goes on stack
+2 from blood effect : guildmage effect goes on stack
-2 life from enemy from guildmage effect : blood goes on stack.
etc etc etc

your biggest enemy here would be skullcrack or removal on your key spells. I have already had to vs a deck abusing this very combo, it was pretty nasty.

How was this type of deck working out? Seem like a pretty good deck? That its one hell of a nasty combo. How long till thats illegal?
It will be illegal the second it redefines standard and takes Thragtusk's glory.

In other words; if it becomes a problem for the standard (or modern) game.

But I honestly think turn 4 wins in aggro decks will remain a much bigger problem. 
It will be illegal the second it redefines standard and takes Thragtusk's glory.

I'm pretty confident that a T6 wincon that is dependent on a combo is not going to redefine standard.

I'm pretty confident that a T6 wincon that is dependent on a combo is not going to redefine standard.

would it be worth dropping the deathrites in this deck to increase vizkopa guildmage and get another strong attacker? Playing with that thought right now.