Help With Rainbow Deck

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

I've always thought of making a rainbow deck (pwetty colours)
And so far I've bought the cards that I wanted to use as the mana base, but I don't know if it would work and I have yet to decide what spells to put into it. This topic gave me some ideas, especially skeindubh's post. I do consider adding, Mana Reflection, Bloom Tender, Prismatic Omen, and Legacy Weapon. I definitely know that BoP are a must.

What I have for a Mana Base is:

4 Spectral Searchligh
4 Darksteel Ingot
4 Vessel of Endless Rest
1 Chromatic Lantern
3 Star Compass
3 Manalith
1 Gilded Lotus

2 Forests, Mountains, Islands, Plains and Swamps
1 of each Mirrodon Artifact Lands (Ancient Den, Seat of the Synod, Vault of Whispers, Great Furnace, Tree of Tales)
Worldwake Taplands; 1 Sejiri Steppe, 1 Bojuka Bog, 1 Smoldering Spires, and 1 Khalni Garden) I want Halimar Depths. I'm conflicted in deciding to use the ones from Worldwake (listed here, find them here too) or the common and rare ones from Zendikar, found here.

I've considered adding Lotus Vale, The Keyrunes from RTR and the Guildgates from RTR, but I don't know that would be a good idea.

My goal with this deck is a manabase that I can use to play anything I want to throw in the deck, in other words my dream "universial" deck that is able to switch in and out any cards tht are not in in the sideboard (editing it outside game) and it is still playable.
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
In a deck like this, go with X cost spells if you can, since you'll have so much freakin' mana anyway.

Fireball, Exsanguinate, Rakdos's Return, Aurelia's Fury, BANEFIRE***, Bonfire of the Damned, Brightflame, Sphinx's Revelation, Syncopate, Gelatinous Genesis, Slime Molding, Biomass Mutation, etc.

Just divide it up, throw in a whole mess of different ones to give yourself a few different ways to win.

Also, the link to another thread doesn't go anywhere but back here. Regardless, very interesting deck idea!
In a deck like this, go with X cost spells if you can, since you'll have so much freakin' mana anyway.

Fireball, Exsanguinate, Rakdos's Return, Aurelia's Fury, BANEFIRE***, Bonfire of the Damned, Brightflame, Sphinx's Revelation, Syncopate, Gelatinous Genesis, Slime Molding, Biomass Mutation, etc.

Just divide it up, throw in a whole mess of different ones to give yourself a few different ways to win.

Also, the link to another thread doesn't go anywhere but back here. Regardless, very interesting deck idea!

I have thought about X costs, they seem very fun with the right mana accel.
BANEFI-YA!

Thanks for the ideas!
*fixed the link
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
Seeing that thread gives me a few ideas as well... There are creatures with the "Firebreathing" mechanic which could also be a pain in the behind... Moonveil Dragon is my favourite example.

I want to see where this goes. Definitely like the idea. Have any deck list possibilities worked out?

I'd up the Chromatic Lantern count or throw in the Prismatic Omens for sure... Ultimate mana fixing right there.
Seeing that thread gives me a few ideas as well... There are creatures with the "Firebreathing" mechanic which could also be a pain in the behind... Moonveil Dragon is my favourite example.

I want to see where this goes. Definitely like the idea. Have any deck list possibilities worked out?

I'd up the Chromatic Lantern count or throw in the Prismatic Omens for sure... Ultimate mana fixing right there.

Hehehe, fire breathing, now we're talking HUGE buffs.

No ideas for decklists, yet.
Edit: I looked through my rares and though these might go in my deck: Steel Hellkite, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Terra Eternal, Arcane Melee, Butcher of Malakir, Electropotence, Elemental Appeal, Hound of Griselbrand, Dual Casting, Curse of Bloodletting, Wild Defiance, Elder of Laurels, Mana Bloom, Might of Oaks, Liege of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Mirrorworks, Mercurial Chemister, Counterflux, Cryptborn Horror, Archon of the Triumvirate, Wargate, Yavimaya's Embrace, Sigarda, Host of Herons and Celestial Colonnade

I've also found Amulet of Vigor, which could be useful.

Fix ALL the mana!
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
While on Gatherer I found some specific any colour mana producers i.e. Alloy Myr, Lotus Cobra, Manamorphose, Quirion Sentinel and Scuttlemutt. Some Platinum buddies may also be a good idea, with that said Laboratory Maniac can finally be of use to me.
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Sign In to post comments