A Detektor Blip: Parallel Current

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Parallel Current
Instant
Parallel Current deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
If you would copy Parallel Current, copy it twice instead.
Gezav sighed. His attempts to invent a sentient spell had failed once again. But the new manaform could divide like a bacterium, and at least that was a start.
Seems really strong in a kinda limited way... Definetly interesting.
I think it might need a "once" - otherwise does it not go all infinite 'n'all burnin' chit all over the place. The house. The roof. The night.
I think it might need a "once" - otherwise does it not go all infinite 'n'all burnin' chit all over the place. The house. The roof. The night.

Quite correct.
So, was that the intent of the words that you wrote with your bad-ass scarred pistol-whippin' fingers on that piece of cast iron darkness that the Netherdogs call keyboard?
So, was that the intent of the words that you wrote with your bad-ass scarred pistol-whippin' fingers on that piece of cast iron darkness that the Netherdogs call keyboard?

No. I just changed the wording to something that I think might work.
I would very much like to see a Detektor/Nephrolith collaborative project
Eeeeenteresting. Djinn Illuminatus has a new best friend.
If the second phrase is trying to be a replacement effect, it should start with the word 'if'. Otherwise, it doesn't do anything.
Accidents happen on purpose I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
If the second phrase is trying to be a replacement effect, it should start with the word 'if'. Otherwise, it doesn't do anything.

Fixed.
Lovely.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Eeeeenteresting. Djinn Illuminatus has a new best friend.

cool
an expensive  rare creature that doesn't break it's benefit by being so large as to break the game

Parallel Current
Instant
Parallel Current deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
If another spell or ability would cause you to copy Parallel Current, copy it twice instead.
Gezav sighed. His attempts to invent a sentient spell had failed once again. But the new manaform could divide like a bacterium, and at least that was a start.

the series 1 spell to 3 is not large enough to define an expodential curve. It would need one more step 1 2 4

"some stones should be left unturned" ~Urlock
It doesn't need to say "another" because replacement effects don't replace themselves (Thought Reflection et al.).

Right?

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

It doesn't need to say "another" because replacement effects don't replace themselves (Thought Reflection et al.).

Right?

You seem to be right.

Dammit, Nephrolith! 
Aw, I wish I could iterate some kind of "Gotcha!" remark, but it would be a wickedsharp fallacy, yo. Well, at least it was corrected by someone brighter than I. My bad.

Hey, Metalevolence: I'll get in that liggity line. It is appearing to be pretty liggity long, though.
Seems underpowered.
It is slightly underpowered under ordinary circumstances. With the Djinn, its 6 damage for 4 mana, 10 damage for 6 mana, 14 damage for 8 mana... Its a two drop, so Isochran Scepter deals 4 damage for . Its narrow.