Falkenrath Torturer + Village Cannibals

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

It is learnt that "Sacrifice a creature" = "dies" and you can not use same resource to pay for multiple spells/abilities, 

then senario:

1)  I have village cannibals and falkenrath torturer in battlefield;
2)  now I sacrifice 2 Human creature;

it results into => 

(A)  put 2 nos +1/+1 counter on falkenrath torturer  and put 2 nos +1/+1 counter on village cannibals
(assume the same 1 human creature can trigger both cards at the same time and with accumulative effect)

or

(B)  put 2 nos +1/+1 counter on falkenrath torturer
(assume 1 human creature trigger 1 card in one time only)

which one is correct?   

It is learnt that "Sacrifice a creature" = "dies" and you can not use same resource to pay for multiple spells/abilities, 

then senario:

1)  I have village cannibals and falkenrath torturer in battlefield;
2)  now I sacrifice 2 Human creature;

it results into => 

(A)  put 2 nos +1/+1 counter on falkenrath torturer  and put 2 nos +1/+1 counter on village cannibals
(assume the same 1 human creature can trigger both cards at the same time and with accumulative effect)

or

(B)  put 2 nos +1/+1 counter on falkenrath torturer
(assume 1 human creature trigger 1 card in one time only)

which one is correct?   

(A) is correct.  The ability will trigger on the Cannibals.  You're not using the sacrifice to pay for anything other than the Torturer.

A is correct assuming you used Falkenrath Torturer to do the sacrifice
if you are sacrificing them some other way only Village Cannibals will benefit, the Torturer will ignore those sacrifices
proud member of the 2011 community team
"Sacrifice a creature" = "dies" 

probably, but not 100% true

sacrifice Progenitus/Darksteel Colossus/Blightsteel Colossus ≠ "dies"

any sacrifice with Rest in Peace on field ≠ "dies"

dies means goes to graveyard from battlefield (it's a result)

sacrifice means leaves battlefield due to sacrifice, typically arrives in graveyard, but can go elsewhere (it's an action)

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

so everytime it read "if.... would be put into graveyard from anywhere... ", is it mean that the creature did not arrive at graveyard and not "dies" at all? therefore, it would not activate any other "dies" trigger abilities, correct?

" sacrifice means leaves battlefield due to sacrifice, typically arrives in graveyard, but can go elsewhere (it's an action) "..... so is it same as "dies" that it come to graveyard from the battlefied? or anywhere?

so everytime it read "if.... would be put into graveyard from anywhere... ", is it mean that the creature did not arrive at graveyard and not "dies" at all? therefore, it would not activate any other "dies" trigger abilities, correct?

if a creature doesn't go from the battlefield to the graveyard it did not "die"
proud member of the 2011 community team

it wouldn't say that, it would say "When" or "Whenever", not "If"
if a creature doesn't go from the battlefield to the graveyard it did not "die"

I think he was asking about Progenitus.

Progentus won't trigger any "dies" abiltiies, because it never dies.

Many Thx for the help and reply from all you guys!!!  Smile
Sign In to post comments