New to Magic and also Standard gameplay (trying to make RDW)

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trying to make this deck into something that would be decent in standard. Somewhat want this to be RDW deck

Hey I'm pretty new to magic and I figured I'd post in this forum for help. Right now my red/black deck is running:

Creatures

Rakdos Cackler x3

Rakdos Shredfreak x2
Hellhole Flailer x4
Cryptborn Horror x2
Carnival Hellsteed x2
Splatter Thug x2
Firefist Striker x1
Rakdos, Lord of Riots x1

Artifacts

Rakdos Keyrune x2

Instants/Sorceries

Devour Flesh x3
Mizzium Mortars x2
Auger Spree x2
Magmaquake x1
Dreadbore x1
Devil's Play x1

Land

Swamp x11

Mountain x9

Blood Crypt x2

(Don't go too hard on me, I'm new to Magic and don't even know what I'm doing)

Any feedback is welcomed, thank you.
Trying to make this deck into something that would be decent in standard. Somewhat want this to be RDW deck

Hey I'm pretty new to magic and I figured I'd post in this forum for help. Right now my red/black deck is running:

Creatures

Rakdos Cackler x3
Rakdos Shredfreak x2
Hellhole Flailer x4
Cryptborn Horror x2
Carnival Hellsteed x2
Splatter Thug x2
Firefist Striker x1
Rakdos, Lord of Riots x1

Artifacts

Rakdos Keyrune x2

Instants/Sorceries

Devour Flesh x3
Mizzium Mortars x2
Auger Spree x2
Magmaquake x1
Dreadbore x1
Devil's Play x1

Land

Swamp x11
Mountain x9
Blood Crypt x2

(Don't go too hard on me, I'm new to Magic and don't even know what I'm doing)

Any feedback is welcomed, thank you.

Here is what I would do if you can, or at least its a start and you dont have to spend a lot to get there. But you want more copies of creatures and spells just so your deck is more consistent.

Creatures

4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Rakdos Shred-freak
4 Hellhole Flailer
3 Carnival Hellsteed
4 Splatter Thug
1 Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Artifacts

Rakdos Keyrune x2

Instants/Sorceries

4 Searing Spear
4 Pillar of Flame
3 Mizzium Mortars

3 Dreadbore
3 Devil's Play

Land

10 Swamp
10 Mountain
2 Blood Crypt
Go look at the RDW thread and get some advice from there.  RDW wants to mostly be Red.  Try to avoid investing into black so deeply.
I am White/Black
Your deck is more about attacking for the quick kill and burning there creatures when they come out so you have no blockers and since you should be playing all of your creatures unleashed, killing off your opponents threats to you witht the burn spells means they cant attack you. For some more fun you could add in 4 Guttersnipe's so that for every spell you cast, your opponent would also get 2 more damage you could do that by taking out 2 of the flailers and 2 of the steeds which yes would only leave you with 1 steed but this deck shouldn't be making past turn 6 anyway most of the time and if you wanted to spend a little bit more money, you could get a playset of Vexing Devil's to put in there those are roughly $7 to $9 right now if you go that route, I would take out the last steed, the lord himself and the keyrunes.

hope that helps, ask around at FNM, RDW is popular right now so I'm sure that you could find lots of help there as well and I guess your deck would actually be RbDW ( splash of Deck Wins)
Alright thanks for all the help. I was going to ask about another deck I have but I left it with a friend, basically its blue/green soulbond except lots of non-standard that I need to take out, being like Rampant Growth, Ponder, stuff like that.
Okay here is the list I run and it doesn't lose offten, it is pre gatecrash, haven't made adjustments to it since it hit. I am still getting the Skull Cracks I need. I also have to look through the red and see what is worth it atm, but I hope this helps.

Sideboard (Based around my meta, will change after this friday and I see what is being played.) 

[deck]3x Flames of the Firebrand
3x Mizzium Mortars
3x Thunderbolt
3x Torch Fiend
3x Traitorous Blood[/deck]

Sorry I haven't seperated it right, but that is the list. You used the burn to clear away early blockers. The thing about your burn spells is you want to use them right. Don't always blow them right off and always on your turn. The hellion is there for when you have mana to use and they didn't play anything to bad you can dump the mana towards working for a 4/4. Hit fast, hit hard, hit offten. We are Red Mages, we know no mercy, so we show none. Burn them to cinders mate, hope this helped. 

"I don't do tactics. I don't do guard duty. I do damage. Take it or leave it." "Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead" -Jaya Ballard, task mage "The enemy has been destroyed, sir. So have the forest, the city, your palace, your dog . . ." Keldon soldier "Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you."