Dimir Mill Deck

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
The deck I posted is all set.

The deck in post 15 could use some help. Comments on that deck start after that, and the comments on mine stop before post 15. It is as follows. 

109756529 wrote:
Been working on my own list, I'll post it here for you to look at. I went with a very heavy counter control base that waits for late game to kill with the mill with a very heavy mind grind/jace over time or jace with duskmantle guildmage for instant kill (Activate top ability twice, mill 10, they die) also sands of delirium just incase. Anywhere, here it is.

4 [C]Farseek[/C]
4 Essence Scatter[/C]3 [c]Fog Bank
4 Duskmantle Guildmage
2 Sands of Delirium
4 Dissipate
4 Psychic Strike
4 Jace, Memory
3 Cyclonic Rift
3 Mind Grind
4 Breeding Pool
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Watery Grave
4 Woodland Cemetery
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Hinterland Harbor
1 Nephalia Drownyard

(Unbold your cards btw, it won't let us see them properly)

Undercity Informer, comboes SOOOOOOOO well with your Undead Alchy.  

Ghost Quarter, destroy their special lands or regular lands,  forces them to remove lands from their library, meaning MORE MILLING~!

Trepanation Blade, FREE milling and FREE damage when your Invis stalker attacks!

Increasing Confusion, self explanitory

Tormod's Crypt, so they cannot reshuffle their GY into their library.   
I am White/Black
When I tested mill, it appeared to me that the mill deck was very mana intensive primarily due to it's X cost cards. I thought Crypt Ghast was an interesting idea. If you go heavily black with lots of swamps, it could really boost your milling potential with Mind Grind and Increasing Confusion

That might not be where you want to go with the deck, but it's something I thought I'd point out.

Also Undead Alchemist + Undercity Informer + Gravecrawler
All great suggestions. I was focused on the current milling techs while maintaining more control for the rush at the beginning that some decks appear to have. Which parts of my deck would you suggest removing? I ask this because I had a heck of a time getting down to 60 from what I was at. All of the cards I chose were debated on for a few days in my head. 
I agree about crypt ghast, he's an amazing card. Very underrated because he's a 2/2 body. 

I honestly would remove the Duress, the Psychic Spiral, and the Cancels. but that's just me.
I am White/Black
I honestly would remove the Duress, the Psychic Spiral, and the Cancels. but that's just me.

I was planning on keeping the single Psychic Spiral since it is an additional win con. Do you think the deck can survive the first few rounds against the faster decks without Cancel? 

I may get rid of the Cancels, and add the Gravecrawler + Undercity Informer combo. That would trigger the second ability of the Consuming Aberration when I cast him from gy after a sac. So, for a black and colorless, I would get them milled down to the next two lands worth of cards. I do need more 1 mana cards in there anyways.
Psychic strike is 100000000x better than cancel.

It's easier to cast. Sometimes you don't always get 2x (U) right away. 
I am White/Black
They are both in there. Wanted to make sure I had a counter in hand when it is needed. I will have to figure out where to cut some fat. 
I know what you mean.  Maybe the essence harvest? I mean that's really only good if your Consuming Aberrations get big...  what happens if they get removed immediately,  yknow?  At most you'd get what... 2? without him? unless you ran Trepanation Blades then it might be useful again.

I am White/Black
Part of the reason the counter spells are in there is to make sure I get a win condition off. I will keep one of them on the board at all costs, although I can win without it. I am down to 65 cards on my offline list. Should probably keep the Nighthawks in, right? I am just thinking out loud as I type. I thank you both for your awesome ideas!
I'm a fan of the nighthawks,  but... I feel they just won't really be necessary, well.. more like.. I feel you won't have room to keep them :x
I am White/Black
Oh! trim your lands.  make it only 20.
I am White/Black
I assumed the reason Jace, Memory Adept shot up in price again was becaues of Dimir. He is 5 mana, but once he is out, combined with Duskmantle Guildmage, he is a two-turn clock.
I assumed the reason Jace, Memory Adept shot up in price again was becaues of Dimir. He is 5 mana, but once he is out, combined with Duskmantle Guildmage, he is a two-turn clock.

1 turn. If he resolves..... next turn you win (if you can play a land.)

Double cast the Guildmage's first ability before you use Jace's 2nd ability.

I didnt even think of Jace though, thanks for the reminder!! 
I am White/Black
Been working on my own list, I'll post it here for you to look at. I went with a very heavy counter control base that waits for late game to kill with the mill with a very heavy mind grind/jace over time or jace with duskmantle guildmage for instant kill (Activate top ability twice, mill 10, they die) also sands of delirium just incase. Anywhere, here it is.

4 [C]Farseek[/C]
4 Essence Scatter[/C]3 [c]Fog Bank
4 Duskmantle Guildmage
2 Sands of Delirium
4 Dissipate
4 Psychic Strike
4 Jace, Memory
3 Cyclonic Rift
3 Mind Grind
4 Breeding Pool
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Watery Grave
4 Woodland Cemetery
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Hinterland Harbor
1 Nephalia Drownyard

I feel like that splash of green ONLY FOR farseek is a big counter intuitve...
I am White/Black
I feel like that splash of green ONLY FOR farseek is a big counter intuitve...

I need it personally because I have all the G/B and G/U duals, but no watery graves currently. Also I want to hit 5-6 as quickly as possible in the hopes of a jace kill. Also I want as much mana as possible for mind grinds, which can also easily kill with duskmantle guildmage
Double cast the Guildmage's first ability before you use Jace's 2nd ability.

It's an activated ability (so you don't "cast" it), but you're right, it does become a one turn clock in that case. Brilliant!
Sign In to post comments