We'll Make Our Own Suspend! With Blackjack and Hookers!

12 posts / 0 new
Last post

How do I balance it without making it even less elegant than it already is.
: Exile a nonland card from your hand with time counters on it equal to its converted mana cost. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend.

from jhoira of the ghitu

I think the strength of this card is near aether vial levels.

: Exile a nonland card from your hand with time counters on it equal to its converted mana cost. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend.

from jhoira of the ghitu

I think the strength of this card is near aether vial levels.

I'd do itl, only then I'd be giving all the creatures cast with it haste. Another powerlevel boost is the last thing this card needs.
Oh right. Well I guess just tack on a loses haste clause then? Or add more costs to the activiation and/or make it ETBT and/or stuff
this card will leave a lot of mana open midgame for other actions

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

I don't like the idea of adding haste to it, as time in The Angelwood passes faster so everything there is slower, and manually removing it seems like the wording is just becoming less elegant. 

I suppose I could tack on a ETB Tapped ability, though.  
it turns all cards into 1 drops

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

I'd word it "...with a number of time counters equal to its converted mana cost..."

[<o>]
I made this card a sister, here. Not exactly sure if its a cycle, or what I'm building it around. I'm thinking of making a group of 3-5 of these. Perhaps one representing each color? Then would this represent blue or green?
time in The Angelwood passes faster so everything there is slower...

I suppose I could tack on a ETB Tapped ability, though.  

Seems like you should be able to make a flavor link to the ETB tapped mechanic here
Our Own Suspend

Enchantment

When ~ ETB, if it's not a token, each player puts a token that is a copy of ~ on the battlefield.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if ~ has no stay counters on it, you may reveal the top card of your library. Put a number of pip counters on ~ equal to its converted mana cost. If you ever choose not to, put a stay counter on it. If ~ has 22 or more pip counters on it, you lose the game.

If all cards on the battlefield named ~ have stay counters on them, whoever controls the card named ~ with the most pip counters on it wins the game.

You're on your own for the hookers, though.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I thought all suspended creatures had haste...