You Build The Overpowered

Hey guys. I have a fun idea. I want you to build the most overpowering characters you can make. Jedi, super soldier, Sith, whatever you want, then post it here. Let your creativity flow here without any restrictions except for the following:

1) All abilities/stats/talent/feats must come from the official Saga Edition sourcebooks (No house anything)

2) Feel free to use unlimited point buy or roll, but your starting stats most not be higher than 18 before stats modifiers at level 1

3) Stronger, Faster, Better!

I look forward to your submissions and I keep this at the top as much as I can. Enjoy

Epic Star Wars nerd and proud customer of Wizards since 1999. Founding member of the Mandalorian Jedi Tradition. Creator and Editor of the Ultimate Dream Builds Follow me on Twitter @Master_Valkar
Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/dnd/class/images/banners/Ranger.jpg)D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

why not?  I'm really bored.  You would have to be a really sadistic GM to use this character against your PCs...

Overpowered Wookie Sith            CL 20
medium Wookie Soldier 1/Jedi 8/Imperial Knight 1/Sith Apprentice 5/Sith Lord 5
Destiny* 4; Force 17; Dark Side 18
Init +18; Senses Perception +19
Languages Basic (understood only), shyriiwook, 4 unassigned
-------------------------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 42 (flat-footed 39), Fort 42, Will 38
hp** 320; Threshold 47
Immune: Fear effects
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +32 (2d8+37) or
Melee lightsaber +38 (2d8+44) with DC 25 dark rage or
Melee lightsaber +38 (3d8+44) with Mighty Swing and DC 25 dark rage or
Melee lightsaber +20 (3d8+80) with Mighty Swing, DC 25 dark rage, and 18 point of Power Attack
Ranged by weapon +27
Base Atk +20; Grp +29
Atk Options: Power Attack, Mighty Swing
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +30) dark rage, rebuke (14)
Force Techniques Improved Dark Rage, Improved Move Light Object
Abilities*** str 28 (+9), dex 16 (+3) con 20 (+5), int 18 (+4), wis 18 (+4), cha 20 (+5)
Talents Armor Mastery (IK), Armor Mastery, Juggernaut, Block, Deflect, Greater Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Greater Weapon Specialization (lightsabers), Redirect Shot, Shii-Cho, Soresu, Stolen Form (2), Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium, heavy), Force Sensitive, Force Training (3), Improved Defenses, Improved Damage Threshold, Mighty Swing, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Climb +24, Endurance +20, Initiative +18, Jump +24, Perception +19, Treat Injury +19, Use the Force +30
Possessions  lightsaber (self built, superior tech upgrade; Superior damage), Venom Assault Armor (Agile Armor)
*Destiny Completed: Education (+5 UtF)
**maximum HP possible
***96 point-buy
192523575 wrote:
-In loving memory of all the Squirrel Jedi hunted down during the Dark Times.
"any eye for an eye leaves the world blind" "No it doesn't, there'd be one guy left with one eye" my custom miniatures http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/29829771/ChainmailJedis_customs
He could be even more ridiculous with the Form powers and Cortosis Weave armor (the one which deactivates lightsabers) but I didn't really want to put a lot of effort into a purely thematic build.
192523575 wrote:
"any eye for an eye leaves the world blind" "No it doesn't, there'd be one guy left with one eye" my custom miniatures http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/29829771/ChainmailJedis_customs
Wow ChainmailJedi, extremely awesome way to start off this thread.

Wookie Sith Lord... nasty. You are nasty. This guy is an instant group killer. His CL would easily be closer to 25 due to thre stats and 14 uses of rebuke. Only a Star Destroyer turbolazer could could this guy outright.... 

This is just the kind of creativity I'm looking for! 
Epic Star Wars nerd and proud customer of Wizards since 1999. Founding member of the Mandalorian Jedi Tradition. Creator and Editor of the Ultimate Dream Builds Follow me on Twitter @Master_Valkar
Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/dnd/class/images/banners/Ranger.jpg)D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

I disagree.  A Star Destroyer Turbolaser would not do the job. It'd miss him probably everytime with that -20 smaller than Colossal.  Some ship-launched  Heavy Concussion Missiles might do the trick since I don't see a Scout dip for Evasion.
I disagree.  A Star Destroyer Turbolaser would not do the job. It'd miss him probably everytime with that -20 smaller than Colossal.  Some ship-launched  Heavy Concussion Missiles might do the trick since I don't see a Scout dip for Evasion.

Indeed, forgot about the -20 to attacks. Even if they hit, with his Use the Force skill modifier, he would probably deflect the blast anyway

On a side note: My first force-using Saga Edition character was a Wookie Jedi, until he got way too powerful at around level 10, and my GM had me reroll until another race.

The racial stat bonuses and the fact I rolled an natural 18 and assigned it to Strength and it was 24 at lvl 10 meant I could put down elite enemies in 3 rounds. Having +17 attack (BAB 10, +7 Str, +2 Weapon Focus and lightsaber attunement, -2 Rapid Strike) and doing 3d8+21 (+5 level, +14 two handed grip, +2 Weapon Specialization; with Rapid Strike) at level 10. Way too overpowered.

Wookies are nasty, but good melee fighters

Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green

Wookies are crazy...Togorians just as much for the same reason (+4 strength).  In fact, if he were a Togorian I could have given him a great lightsaber.  Idk if upping from d10s from d8s really makes much of a difference when you are dealing about 90 damage on average already.
192523575 wrote:
Actually, since he is a Sith he is a bit weaker than a Jedi Master would be...if her were a Jedi Master, and you used Serenity....You'd auto-crit, which means you can just put his whole passive attack bonus into Power Attack, and he would be dealing 3d8+120x2....ouch
192523575 wrote:
why not?  I'm really bored.  You would have to be a really sadistic GM to use this character against your PCs...

[...]

Sure, at least if they are below 10th level...
No, no, I'm just kidding. That character do fit the thread prettty well.

Another build, from a different thread and a different time is this one:

Okay, let's try this guy on for size. The earliest I could get everything required for the build was 13th level. Unfortunately, only a handful of classes allow access to the Fortune talent tree - Charlatan, Gunslinger and Scoundrel - so I was stuck with taking a level of scoundrel for Fortune's Favor. And Vaapad requires Juyo, Weapon Specialization and BAB +12 which delayed the build as well.

JEDI CRIT-MASTER                                                                       CL 13
Male human Jedi 8/soldier 1/scoundrel 1/Jedi Knight 3
Destiny 4; Force 8; Dark Side 3
Init +12; Senses Perception+14
Languages Basic, Huttese
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defenses Reflex 26 (flat-footed 25), Fort 26, Will 28; Block, Deflect
Hp 124; Threshold 26
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +16 (2d8+12/19-20/x3 +1d8) or
Melee lightsaber +14 (3d8+12/19-20/x3 +1d8) with Rapid Strike or
Melee lightsaber +18 (3d8+18/18-20/x3 +1d8) with Critical Strike, Powerful Charge and Rapid Strike
Ranged by weapon +13
Base Atk +12; Grp +15
Atk Options Critical Strike, Devastating Attack, Follow Through, Juyo, Powerful Charge, Rapid Strike
Special Actions Forceful Warrior, Fortune's Favor
Force Powers Known (Use the Force+18): assured strike, battle strike (2), rebuke, shatterpoint (2), surge, tempered aggression (3), vornskr's ferocity (2)
Force Techniques Force Point Recovery
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 14
Talents Block, Deflect, Devastating Attack (lightsabers), Forceful Warrior, Fortune's Favor, Juyo, Vaapad, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Armor Proficiency (light), Critical Strike, Follow Through, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (3), Powerful Charge, Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Triple Crit (lightsaber), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Acrobatics+12, Initiative+12, Perception+14, Use the Force+18
Possessions lightsaber (self-built, Opila crystal), comlink, utility belt, Jedi robes

Assuming all damage rolls are an average of 4, with Critical Strike, Powerful Charge and Rapid Strike he'll do 94 damage on a critical hit (3 dice, average 4 for 12 + 18 level/Str/bonus x 3 = 90 + 4 Opila crystal). Even his minimum crit damage is still pretty good - 64 (3 +18 x 3 = 63 + 1 Opila crystal). That is more than enough to trigger Devastating Attack and drop the guy -1 step on the condition track. It'll certainly kill lesser foes outright.

If he lands a crit, he gets a free standard action and a free Force Point to to boost his UtF check and activate Tempered Aggression. This will probably trigger yet another critical hit, starting the chain all over again. Best of all, if he drops anyone to 0 hit points with one of those crits, he gets to immediately move his speed, engaging another enemy and repeating the critical chain of death until he runs out of Tempered Aggressions. Of course he could always spend the free Force Point from Forceful Warrior to recall Tempered Aggression back to his suite, further prolonging his rampage of doom.

He may not be overpowered like a level 20 character can be, but for a level 13 character he is pretty tough!

20801.jpg

I don't really see him as overpowered, just optimized.  Give him 96 point buy and see what happens.
192523575 wrote:

[...]

Sure, at least if they are below 10th level...
No, no, I'm just kidding. That character do fit the thread prettty well.

Another build, from a different thread and a different time is this one:

Okay, let's try this guy on for size. The earliest I could get everything required for the build was 13th level. Unfortunately, only a handful of classes allow access to the Fortune talent tree - Charlatan, Gunslinger and Scoundrel - so I was stuck with taking a level of scoundrel for Fortune's Favor. And Vaapad requires Juyo, Weapon Specialization and BAB +12 which delayed the build as well.

JEDI CRIT-MASTER                                                                       CL 13
Male human Jedi 8/soldier 1/scoundrel 1/Jedi Knight 3
Destiny 4; Force 8; Dark Side 3
Init +12; Senses Perception+14
Languages Basic, Huttese
Defenses Reflex 26 (flat-footed 25), Fort 26, Will 28; Block, Deflect
Hp 124; Threshold 26
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +16 (2d8+12/19-20/x3 +1d8) or
Melee lightsaber +14 (3d8+12/19-20/x3 +1d8) with Rapid Strike or
Melee lightsaber +18 (3d8+18/18-20/x3 +1d8) with Critical Strike, Powerful Charge and Rapid Strike
Ranged by weapon +13
Base Atk +12; Grp +15
Atk Options Critical Strike, Devastating Attack, Follow Through, Juyo, Powerful Charge, Rapid Strike
Special Actions Forceful Warrior, Fortune's Favor
Force Powers Known (Use the Force+18): assured strike, battle strike (2), rebuke, shatterpoint (2), surge, tempered aggression (3), vornskr's ferocity (2)
Force Techniques Force Point Recovery
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 14
Talents Block, Deflect, Devastating Attack (lightsabers), Forceful Warrior, Fortune's Favor, Juyo, Vaapad, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Armor Proficiency (light), Critical Strike, Follow Through, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (3), Powerful Charge, Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Triple Crit (lightsaber), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Acrobatics+12, Initiative+12, Perception+14, Use the Force+18
Possessions lightsaber (self-built, Opila crystal), comlink, utility belt, Jedi robes

Assuming all damage rolls are an average of 4, with Critical Strike, Powerful Charge and Rapid Strike he'll do 94 damage on a critical hit (3 dice, average 4 for 12 + 18 level/Str/bonus x 3 = 90 + 4 Opila crystal). Even his minimum crit damage is still pretty good - 64 (3 +18 x 3 = 63 + 1 Opila crystal). That is more than enough to trigger Devastating Attack and drop the guy -1 step on the condition track. It'll certainly kill lesser foes outright.

If he lands a crit, he gets a free standard action and a free Force Point to to boost his UtF check and activate Tempered Aggression. This will probably trigger yet another critical hit, starting the chain all over again. Best of all, if he drops anyone to 0 hit points with one of those crits, he gets to immediately move his speed, engaging another enemy and repeating the critical chain of death until he runs out of Tempered Aggressions. Of course he could always spend the free Force Point from Forceful Warrior to recall Tempered Aggression back to his suite, further prolonging his rampage of doom.

He may not be overpowered like a level 20 character can be, but for a level 13 character he is pretty tough!

I fully agree with Chainmailjedi, this guy is just a good build. Is he overly powerful? Sure. Just not truly Overpowered. Though the damage this guy can do a mid-level is insane...
Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green

Here is my character concept I been working on for a few days at this point.

(Edits 2/10/13: Removed his name and adjusted some stats to properly reflect the right numbers)

Jedi Battlemaster, Elite Alt Verison
Medium Human Jedi 8/Jedi Knight 7/Jedi Master 5Destiny *3; Force 8Init +29; Senses Perception +18; Improved Sense SurroundingsLanguages Basic, 3 unassignedDefenses Ref 38 (flat-footed 33), Fort 36, Will 37; Block, Deflect, Shii-Chohp 200;  Threshold 36Immune fear Speed 6 squaresMelee lightsaber +27 (2d8+20/x3)Melee lightsaber +25 (3d8+20/x3) with Rapid Strike
Melee lightsaber +29 (2d8+30/x3) with Powerful Charge Melee lightsaber +24/+24 (2d8+20/x3) with Double AttackMelee lightsaber +22/+22 (3d8+20/x3) with Double Attack and Rapid StrikeBase Atk +20; Grp +23Atk Options Double Attack, Juyo, Powerful Charge, Rapid AttackSpecial Actions Combat Reflexes, Equilibrium, Improved Quick Draw, Lightsaber Form Savant,
          serenityForce Powers Known (Use the Force +29): battle strike (2), disarming slash, Force grip,
          Force slam, hawk-bat swoop, move object, rebuke (3), saber swarm, sarlacc sweep, surge,
          vornskr’s ferocity (2)   Force Secrets Devastating Power, Distant Power, Extended Power Quicken PowerForce Techniques Force Point Recovery, Improved Move Light Object, Improved Sense Surroundings Abilities Str 16 , Dex 20 , Con 16 , Int 14 , Wis 18, Cha 18Special Qualities fearless, serenityTalents Ataru, Block, Deflect, Equilibrium, Force Intution, Greater Weapon Focus (lightsabers),
          Improved Quick Draw (lightsabers), Juyo, Lightsaber Form Savant, Shii-Cho,
          Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)Feats Combat Reflexes, Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Sensitivity, Force Training (3),
          Powerful Charge, Quick Draw, Rapid Attack, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Triple Crit (lightsabers),
          Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers,simple weapons)Skills Acrobatics +20, Initiative +29, Mechanics +17, Perception +19, Pilot +20, Use the Force +29Possessions Lightsaber (self-built; krayt dragon pearl crystal [+3 damage]), Jedi robes, utility belt * He is considered to have fulfilled the Destruction and Education destinies
Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green

Is Arkaine a Mando?
"The real purpose of socialism is precisely to overcome and advance beyond the predatory phase of human development." -Albert Einstein Resident Left Hand of Stalin and Banana Stand Grandstander Half of the Ambiguously Gay Duo House of Trolls, looking for a partner Wondering what happened to the Star Wars forums?
Show
Star Wars Minis has a home here http://www.bloomilk.com/ and Star Wars Saga Edition RPG has a home here http://thesagacontinues.createaforum.com/index.php
Show
141722973 wrote:
And it wasn't ****. It was subjectively concensual sex.
57036828 wrote:
Marketing and design are two different things. For instance the snuggy was designed for people in wheel chairs and marketed to people that are too incompetent to operate a blanket.
75239035 wrote:
I personally don't want him decapitated.
141722973 wrote:
And do not call me a Yank. I am a Québecois, basically your better.
And the greatest post moderation of all time...
58115148 wrote:
I gave that (Content Removed) a to-scale Lego replica. (Content Removed) love to-scale Lego replicas. (ORC_Cerberus: Edited - Vulgarity is against the Code of Conduct)
Is Arkaine a Mando?

No, he is my pet Jedi Master concept at the moment.

He's not that Overpowered, but I what this thread to be about creativity as well. 

Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green

I haven’t built a character in some time, and never for a contest. 

Medium Duros scout 1/scoundrel 8/saboteur 1/improviser 10 CL 20

Force 16
Init +22; Senses Perception +24
Languages Basic, Durese, 15 unassigned

Defenses Ref 39 (flat-footed 32), Fort 36, Will 38; Evasion
hp 183; second wind +45/91; Threshold 36

Speed 6 squares
Melee by weapon +17
Ranged Model 434 "DeathHammer" blaster pistol +16 (3d10+12 fire)
Base Atk +13; Grp +20
Atk Options Far Shot, Forceful Blast, Hit the Deck, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot
Special Actions Blaster Turret, Capture Droid, Fast Repairs, Gearhead, Improvised Device (2000 credits), Quick Draw, Quick Fix, Quick Skill

Abilities Str 18, Dex 25, Con 18, Int 25, Wis 18, Cha 18
Special Qualities contraband (10000 credits), expert pilot
Talents Bigger Bang, Blaster Turret I, Capture Droid, Electronic Forgery, Evasion, Excellent Kit, Fast Repairs, Hit the Deck, Improved Jury-Rig, Improvised Device, Just What Is Needed, Quick Fix
Feats Far Shot, Forceful Blast, Gearhead, Linguist, Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, Quick Skill, Rapid Shot, Scavenger, Signature Device, Skill Focus (Mechanics), Tech Specialist, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Primary Skills Deception +24 (may Use Computer +27 to create deceptive appearance with forged electronic documents instead), Gather Information +24, Initiative +22, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +27, Knowledge (physical sciences) +27, Knowledge (technology) +27, Mechanics +37 (restore an additional 1d8 hit points when using or aiding another with Repair; automatically jury-rig a device or vehicle +3 steps as a standard action), Perception +24, Persuasion +24, Pilot +27 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Stealth +27, Use Computer +27
Secondary Skills Acrobatics +17, Climb +14, Endurance +14, Jump +14, Knowledge (galactic lore) +17, Knowledge (life sciences) +17, Knowledge (social sciences) +17, Knowledge (tactics) +17, Ride +17, Survival +14, Swim +14, Treat Injury +14
Possessions Arkanian Rakatan Quickdraw Model 434 "DeathHammer" blaster pistol (tech specialist mod; +2 damage), flight suit (+0 armor, +1 equipment), utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), hip holster

I haven’t built a character in some time, and never for a contest. 

Its not a contest, just a running thread where I want people to make the overpowered character that you can think of. Or just build something that have been in your head for a while and need to get it out. 

With that said, this guys looks interesting. The ultimate mechianic/slicer/engineer. A skill **** for sure. How would this guy be used though if you could?
Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green

Indeed a skill ****, but devastatingly effective. I've used him, in various alternative builds to this one, as one of my favorite BBEG's. In his current form, I would use him to his full effect. He has Evasion, and with Hit the Deck, his allies will too. His Model 434 has been custom designed and built and so has the Arkinian and Rakatan templates. Arkinian changed it to Energy and Fire type damage, while Rakatan moves it up one die to d10's. So, as long as he susessfully hits his opponent, he lights them on fire, and it has quickdraw to boot. He's exceedingly nimble, so getting shot shouldn't be a problem. Toss in some frag/stun/ion grenades, and a rifle, maybe with stun, and even a stun/ion pistol and he can take anything short of an army, though he's likely to be a whole lot less pretty if he comes out of it alive.

On the tech side, he can jury-rig  an opponent droid that has been brought to 0 health and turn it into an ally. He can jury-rig just about anything, and in no time flat. With quick fix, fast repairs, gearhead and quick skill he is able to fix/repair just about anything in the verse and faster than you can blink an eye on most. Signature Device has him select a type device and he can fix those like no tomorrow, and modify them in faster time than any other. With improvised device he can scavenge for parts and literally make anything he so wants, up 2200 credits worth of value. It's destroyed after 24 hours, but you can do it again, one device per day. Nifty. Then Take Contraband. Through any type of connections he can acquire any combination of items with an availability of rare or illegal, worth up to 10,000 credits. And finally, from the improviser, No Tools Required class ability. This thing is awesome. He will literally use machine parts and electronic parts in place of security kits and tool kits while using the mechanics or use computer skills, essentially negating the need to have those kits, and he is considered to be using said kits even when he is not.

To change things up a bit, drop a level from either scoundrel or improviser and pick up saboteur. Then take the blaster turret talent. That thing may be weak, but once per turn it fires on its own, under its own initiative, and uses your Use Computer check to hit. 

So you guy is one part Scotty from Star Trek (can fix anything or jury-rig anything you can think of) and one part Han Solo (legendary shooter with massive mech/tech ability). 

Very good Sparx. If this WERE a contest, you would have won it in my mind. Best and most imagive so far
Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green

very nice one! i was looking for some inspiration for a tech character, and your is awesome, just a question, why improvised weapon mastery? for the bonus damage?
Sorry for my bad english

Improvised Weapon Mastery? Do wha? Oh, that's right. I forgot about that. It was part of the initial idea that should he ever be disarmed, as long as there's a wrench nearby he can still work some magic. Hindsight, that feat may not/doesn't fit as well, and I would probably swap it for something else. Maybe Toughness or Forceful Blast. Forceful Blast would probably be a good choice if you plan on sticking some grenades on him. Probably not a bad idea to swap it now.

If you have an extra feat, you can never go wrong with Improved Defenses or Improved Damage Threshold.

He should consider having him teach his Plethora of skills.  Or teaching alot of people.  He should get a classroom, fullfill the education destiny for each of his students, say, a classroom of about 12 students, complete the education destiny a separate time for each student.  And get a +5 Destiny bonus to each skill.

This is called You Build the Overpowered, afterall.
192523575 wrote:
Good point. I tend to forget the Destiny section. That makes him a bit more scary with what he can do. Thanks for the input.
anytime.  One time just for giggles I made a ridiculous Palpatine.  I think I gave him these destinies
1. Discovery (Sith)
2. Corruption (himself) +1 Wis, +1 Cha
3. Education (Darth Maul) +5 UtF
4. Destruction (Darth Plageuis) +2 Cha
5. Corruption (Trade Federation) +1 Wis, +1 Cha
6. Corruption (Count Dooku) +1 Wis, +1 Cha
7. Corruption (Darth Vader) +1 Wis, +1 Cha
8. Destruction (Separatists) +2 Cha
9. Destruction (Jedi Order) +2 Cha
10. Corruption (Old Republic) +1 Wis, +1 Cha

I maxed his Cha and Wis with a 48 PB, increased them with every level, and when he was venerable he had Wis 32 (+11), Cha 36 (+13), and a UtF skill of +38

I never used his stats, not even once.  I used to just look at them and cringe.

192523575 wrote:

Medium Duros scout 1/scoundrel 8/improviser 11

Even if the goal is "overpowered" characters this one fails for a simple reason.  You can't have an improviser 11.  

I may not be 'playing' because I'd just start out with an 18x6 array and figure all kinds of completed Destinies but I thought the idea is to keep them "potentially" legal.

Edit:  Took out note on Destiny bonuses not stacking.  Well, they still don't but the stat increases are actual stat increases and not stat bonuses.  I guess I'm too used to most stat increases done outside of levelling having some type.

They do stack, because they are not bonuses.  They are just increases.  If completing them granted a +2/+1 Destiny bonus to one or two of your ability scores, it wouldn't stack.  But since they are "increases" they do stack.  At least that's the impression I got from the rules.  They only mention typed "bonuses" not stacking, they don't mention increases.

But you are right about the Improviser 11.  I didn't even catch that haha
192523575 wrote:
Nor did I. It's what I get for not verifying the build and just assuming the Excel sheet was spot on. It was, but I didn't notice that. My brain siad 10-20 was 10 levels, not 11. Oh well. Adjusted properly, now.

Here is a new breakdown of that build. Slightly better, imo. Pluss, the contraband and no tools required that I mentioned in my previous post.

Capture Droid – as a standard action, make mechanics check against the Will Defense of a droid dropped to 0 hp or the bottom of the condition track, to move them +2 on the condition track, heal 1d8 points of hit points, and have them as your ally for the encounter.

Bigger Bang – Grenades made using Improvised Device deal an additional die of damage.

Blaster Turret – Once per encounter you make a blaster turret, which functions a basic blaster pistol dealing 3d6 damage. Though not overly powerful, it has the added bonus of being able to be controlled by you, as a free action on your turn (sort of like getting a single extra attack), or leave it on its own and it will attack once per turn.

Electronic Forgery – You can use Use Computer to forge documents instead of Deception.

Evasion – Speaks for itself.

Excellent Kit – Weapons, armor, equipment you buy have 150% hp, +5 DR, and grant a +2 mechanics bonus for your allies to modify/repair them.

Fast Repairs – Jury-rigged objects and vehicles gain temporary hit points equal to your mechanics check.

Hit the Deck – Evasion for your Allies!

Improved Jury-Rig – Jury-rig as a standard action without a check, moving a device or vehicle +3 on the condition track.

Improvised Device – Spend an hour making a DC 25 Mechanics check to beuild a non-rare, non-illegal device. Lasts 24 hours, and can be an item up to 4000 credits.

Just What Is Needed – Repair an additional 1d8 hit points when using aid another or mechanics.

Quick Fix – you can Jury-rig objects that aren’t disabled once per encounter.

I may not be 'playing' because I'd just start out with an 18x6 array and figure all kinds of completed Destinies (note that the stat increase is typed and thus does NOT stack) but I though the idea is to keep them "potentially" legal.

I said "legal" with one extra thing, unlimited point buy. Also by limiting the starting score to 18 at level 1, 96 point buy is the highest that rule would allow. Its my way of making this as "legal" as I can but making it possible to have unbeatable or insanly hard-to-kill characters This is Build the Overpowered after all.  
Also checked the Destiny rules in the Core Rulebook, and each Destiny that increases an ability score says "Increase the ability score by...." Increase and Bonus are different things, so CJ's insane Palpatine would have the high ability scores since they would stack. The Discovery and Education destiny is the only ones the refers to a Destiny bonus. 
Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green

Another, because I wanted to do something slightly more overpowerd/evil than my previous build. This is based off a Twi'lek character posted on a site that is now gone, but with my own twist.

Medium Codru-Ji scoundrel 19/gunslinger 1  CL 20
Force 16
Init +21; Senses Perception +19
Languages Basic, Codruese, 9 unassigned

Defenses Ref 40 (flat-footed 34), Fort 34, Will 38
hp 175; second wind +43/87; Threshold 44

Speed 6 squares
Melee stun baton +19 (3d8+14 stun)
Ranged blaster pistol +21 (3d8+10) and stun baton +19 (3d8+14) or
Ranged blaster pistol +22 (4d8+10) with Rapid Shot or
Ranged blaster pistol +21 (3d8+10) and blaster pistol +21 (3d8+10) or
Ranged blaster pistol +22 (4d8+10) and blaster pistol +22 (4d8+10) with Rapid Shot
Base Atk +15; Grp +21
Atk Options Cunning Attack, Dastardly Strike, Desperate Gambit, Dual Weapon Mastery, Improved Sneak Attack, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Return Fire (pistols), Sneak Attack +8d6, Trigger Work, Zero Range
Special Actions Combat Trickery, Quick Draw

Abilities Str 18, Dex 23, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 23
Special Qualities extra arms
Talents Dastardly Strike, Improved Sneak Attack, Sneak Attack (8), Trigger Work
Feats Combat Trickery, Cunning Attack, Desperate Gambit, Dual Weapon Mastery I, Dual Weapon Mastery II, Dual Weapon Mastery III, Force of Personality, Improved Damage Threshold (2), Linguist, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot, Return Fire (pistols), Skill Focus (Deception), Weapon Focus (pistols), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons), Zero Range
Primary Skills Acrobatics +21, Deception +26, Gather Information +21, Initiative +21, Perception +19, Persuasion +21, Stealth +21, Use Computer +19

Possessions Bothan Rakatan stun baton, 4 Rakatan Quick Draw blaster pistols with 4 spare power packs, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), 2 concealed holsters, 2 hip holsters

And now the explanaition of his abilities.

FEATS
Combat Trickery
 - Two swift actions to make a Deception Check against opponents Will Defense to leave them flat-footed until the end of your next turn, or the encounter if you spend a FP.
Cunning Attack - +2 to Attack rolls against flat-footed opponents.
Desperate Gambit – Once per turn, reroll a failed attack roll at a -2 penalty.
Dual Weapon Mastery – 1, 2, 3 – No penalty now.
Force of Personality – Use Charisma bonus to determine Will Defense.
Improved Damage Threshold x2 - +5 (+10 total) to Damage Threshold.
Point-blank Shot – +1 on range attack rolls against point-blank foes.
Precise Shot – No -5 penalty for shooting into melee.
Quick Draw – Draw or Holster a weapon as a swift action.
Rapid Shot – Take -2 on range attack roll to deal +1 die of damage.
Return Fire – Make a free attack against an opponent who has missed you with a ranged attack once per encounter.
Skill Focus – (Deception) +5 to Deception.
Weapon Focus (pistols) - +1 bonus on attack rolls with pistols.
Zero Range - +1 to attack rolls and +1 die of damage when firing at an adjacent target with a ranged weapon.

TALENTS
Dastardly Strike – Successful attacks against foes denied their reflex defense move an additional  -1 step on the condition track.
Improved Sneak Attack – Sneak Attack can be used on Targets up to 12 squares away.
Sneak Attack x8 – Gain 1d6 (8d6 total) damage on attacks to targets denied their Dexterity Bonus to their Reflex Save.
Trigger Work – No penalty on your attack roll when using rapid shot.

As you can see, this young lady can be quite the destructive force. With a sucessful hit, she is capable of dealing upwards of 28 to 112 points of damage per attack, and dropping them a total of -4 steps on the condition track! And, ofcourse, if the damage is high enough, they move down tehat last -1 step on teh condition track. How's that for a stun gun wielding person? I'm fairly certain she can take anybody down in one, maybe two rounds. She's a demon from the Far Rim, and she will ruin your, or your player's, day.

how did she get a 35 in Dex and Cha?
192523575 wrote:
My netbook is a piece of junk sometimes. Sigh. OK, adjusting.

Edit: Adjusted properly.  

I may not be 'playing' because I'd just start out with an 18x6 array and figure all kinds of completed Destinies but I thought the idea is to keep them "potentially" legal.

I would love to see what kind of character could be spawned from the mind of one who understands the rules of Saga Edition as well as you...with a 96 PB...and about a dozen completed Destinies...you could build the Sith'ari...I guess that would make you Darth Plageuis!!
192523575 wrote:

I would love to see what kind of character could be spawned from the mind of one who understands the rules of Saga Edition as well as you...with a 96 PB...and about a dozen completed Destinies...you could build the Sith'ari...I guess that would make you Darth Plageuis!!

Perhaps you would but I don't play those kinds of games.  Another thing is that even with my understanding of the SAGA rules I really don't know what such a crazy character could do especially when compared to similar characters.  I'm also not a big fan of highly specialized character but with those kind of stats and Destiny bonuses as well there is no need to "generalize" a character because he would naturally be good at just about everything when compared to a normal hero much less a non-heroic.

The problem with turning the volume of everything to the max is that it can just become too much and bring everything down. 
I agree with you, although I don't think anyone is actually using these statblocks in their games, at least I hope they aren't.  These are purely thematic for me.
192523575 wrote:
I just like fartin' around and building some ugly and nasty characters. Sometimes, that's how I come up with some really neat combos that work well for a normal character. Otherwise, these never see the light of day.

Perhaps you would but I don't play those kinds of games.  Another thing is that even with my understanding of the SAGA rules I really don't know what such a crazy character could do especially when compared to similar characters.  I'm also not a big fan of highly specialized character but with those kind of stats and Destiny bonuses as well there is no need to "generalize" a character because he would naturally be good at just about everything when compared to a normal hero much less a non-heroic.

The problem with turning the volume of everything to the max is that it can just become too much and bring everything down. 

The point is to build a character here that you COULD NOT use in a normal campaign/adventure, while keep it within the rules as much as you can. These characters are creative tools, not the product that will define how the game is played. AS both a GM and PC in Saga Edition, I would never even use this type of characters in my campaigns. They are all much too powerful and would lead to quick deaths of my PCs unless I let equally powerful PCs into the game. Then it would be closer to a 500-point no piece barred Minis game where I take the 5 best pieces I can find (think most Sith uniques) and destroy a minis game in a few minutes.

This thread is to inspire creativity and blow off steam. Any attempt to dismattle it just because it doesn't fit your way you run the game will not be welcome.

Enjoy it instead
Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green

Here's my next submission: a very powerful Force wielding Martial Arts Master(Edit 2/16/13: Adjusted the feats and the attacks accordingly and added some armor)
Jedi Martial Arts Master                                                             CL 20Medium Human Jedi 3/Soldier 7/Force Adept 3/Martial Arts Master 7Destiny *4; Force 10Init +20; Senses Perception +20Languages Basic, 3 unassigned Defenses Ref 40 (flat-footed 32), Fort 44, Will 40;hp 225; Threshold 44 Speed 6 squaresMelee combat gloves +25 (2d12+23/19-20 x3)Melee combat gloves +23 (3d12+23/19-20 x3) with Rapid StrikeMelee combat gloves +23/+23 (2d12+23/19-20 x3) with Dual Weapon Mastery IIMelee combat gloves +21/+21 (3d12+23/19-20 x3) with Dual Weapon Mastery II and Rapid StrikeRanged by weapon +24Base Atk +19; Grp +25Atk Options Brutal Unarmed Strike, Double Attack, Echani Training, Rapid Strike,
                Simultaneous Strike, Teras Kasi Training, Telekinetic StrikeSpecial Actions Combat Reflexes, Disciplined Strike, Equilibrium, Martial Resurgence,                Telekinetic Power, Unarmed ParryForce Powers Known (Use the Force +26): ballistakinesis, battle strike (2), blind, Force grip,                Force slam (2), move object (2), prescience, rebuke (3), repulseForce Techniques Force Point Recovery Abilities Str 24, Dex 20, Con 20, Int 16, Wis 22, Cha 20Special Qualities tough as durasteel +3Talents Brutal Unarmed Strike, Disciplined Strike, Echani Expertise, Equilibrium, Hammerblow,                Iqnore Damage Reduction, Martial Resurgence, Simultaneous Strike, Telekinetic Power,                Telekinetic Strike, Teras Kasi Basics, Unarmed ParryFeats Armor Proficiency (light), Combat Reflexes, Dual Weapon Mastery I, Dual Weapon Mastery II,
                Echani Training, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Martial Arts I, Martial Arts II, Martial
                Arts III, Rapid Strike, Teras Kasi Training, Triple Crit (simple weapons), Weapon Proficiency
                (lightsabers, simple weapons)Skills Acrobatics +20, Endurance +20 Initiative +20, Mechanics +18, Perception +21, Pilot +20,
                Use the Force +26Possessions combat gloves, customized light Jedi battle armor (+5 equip bonus Fort Def; Cortosis weave template and Superior fortifing armor upgrade), utility belt * This character is considered to have fulfilled the Destruction (x2; +2 Str, +2 Wis), Education (+5 Use the Force), and Rescue (x2; both were +1 Str, +1 Wis) destinies.

This is an overpowered Martial Artist that is also a powerful Force wielder as well.

Talents: Using Talent from the Warden of the Sky tree in Jedi Academy Training Manual, they focus on unarmed combat with Force power use. I also used talents from Brawler tree in Legacy SB, the Martial Art Master trees in Galaxy at War, and the Master of Teras Kasi tree in Threats of the Galaxy.

Brutal Unarmed Strike: Allows rerolls of any damage dice that come up as a 1.Disciplined Strike: Allows up to 6 targets (based on Wis bonus) to be excluded from area-effecting         Force powers.Echani Expertise: Moved the Critical Range of unarmed attacks to 19-20, but natural 19s aren’t auto
          hits.Equilibrium: The Reset Button; Force Point to get back into a “normal” state and remove any effects of          the condition track. No brainer.Hammerblow: Double Strength bonus to unarmed damage if not holding anything and only making          unarmed attacks. Very powerful for a base Soldier talent.Iqnore Damage Reduction: If any attack’s damage exceeds the damage deduction of the target, it                ignores it instead. Nasty and fun.Martial Resurgence: Recovers all spent Force powers after rolling a natural 20 on a unarmed attack;                Another Reset Button.Simultaneous Strike: Strike two different targets with two single attacks. Double Attack as a standard                Action basically.Telekinetic Power: Use a telekinetic Force power again after rolling a natural 20 on a Use the Force            check used in a Force power. Why not?Telekinetic Strike: Allows the ability to add a Force point’s roll to be added to damage instead of attack.Teras Kasi Basics: Adds +1 damage dice to all unarmed attacks.Unarmed Parry: May try to negate an incoming melee attack by making a opposed unarmed attack
          roll; If its equals or exceeds the attack roll of the attacker, its negated. -2 for every unarmed
          attack roll since the beginning of last turn and can’t be flat-footed. Similar to Block, but a little         different.

Feats: Most are standards here, but two stand out: Echani Training and Teras Kasi Training. Both are from Galaxy at War. Echani allows once per encounter  after damage is dealt to make an unarmed attack against their Fortitude Defense as a free action. If it hit, they are knocked prone as long as they aren’t more than one size larger and automatically knocks them prone on a critical hit. Teras Kasi allow you to after a successful unarmed attack to lower their damage threshold by 5 once an encounter, and makes you be concider one size category bigger for unarmed damage dice.

Stats:  My starting array 18,18, 18, 16, 16, 18. Strength gained +4 threw leveling and +4 for destiny bonuses. Dexterity and Constitution gained only +2 threw leveling. Intelligence stayed the same. Wisdom gained +2 threw leveling and +4 threw destiny bonuses. Charisma gained +2 threw leveling only.

Class: I started with Jedi to get free Force Sensitivity and makes better sense as all my early talents are Force talents. Soldier to grab Hammerblow, and then went Force Adept for the defense bonuses and it fits the strength of Force powers he has. Finished with Martial Arts Master because it was required in this build

Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green

SO why no lightsaber? Seems that all Force users, regardless of Defelct, Block, or Redirect, always have one. Is this guy one of those 'oddball' Jedi that eschews a lightsaber for straight-up Force Kung-Fu?
It's because the lightsaber is a sith(Rakatan) tool, and if a Jedi is forced to draw a lightsaber, they've already lost.  They may survive, they may kill the other person, but they've lost.

Holowan Mechanical Presents....

THE IG-5000 SERIES MEGAGUARD DROID

Going Somewhere dangerous?  Doing something dangerous?  Need some protection?  Look no further! Holowan Mechanicals presents the IG-5000 MegaGuard droid!  We assure you that this droid will protect it's quarry no matter what, or your money back!*

IG-5000 Series Bodyguard Droid            CL 20
Large Droid (4th Degree) Soldier 15/Elite Trooper 5
Destiny 4; Force 10; Dark Side 2
Init +22; Senses Perception +21, darkvision
Languages Basic, Binary, Bocce
Defenses Ref 39 (flat-footed 33), Fort 48, Will 35; Melee Defense
hp 240; Threshold 53; SR 20 
Speed 6 squares; reach 2 squares
Melee electrostaff +37 (2d6+46) or
Melee electrostaff +35/+35 (2d6+33) with DWM II or
Melee electrostaff +39 (2d6+46) with Flurry or
Melee electrostaff +37/+37 (2d6+33) with Flurry and DWM II or
Ranged by weapon +27
Base Atk +20; Grp +33
Atk Options Disarming Attack, Devastating Melee Smash, Melee Defense, Whirlwind Attack
Special Actions  Draw Fire, Harm's Way, Indomitable
Abilities (again, 96 point buy) Str 34 (+13), Dex 22 (+6), Con -, Int 16 (+3), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 18 (+4)
Special Qualities droid traits
Talents Devastating Attack (advanced melee weapons), Disarming Attack (advanced melee weapons), Draw Fire, Greater Devastating Attack (advanced melee weapons), Greater Weapon Focus (advanced melee weapons), Greater Weapon Specialization (advanced melee weapons), Harm's Way, Indomitable, Melee Smash, Stunning Strike, Weapon Specialization (advanced melee weapons)
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Dual Weapon Mastery I, II, Flurry, Improved Defenses, Improved Disarm, Martial Arts I, Melee Defenses, Shake it Off, Skill Training (Persuasion), Skill Focus (Persuasion), Toughness, Weapon Focus (advanced melee weapons), Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee weapons, pistols, rifles, simple weapons), Whirlwind Attack
Skills  +22, Climb +21, Endurance +15, Initiative +22, Jump +22 (always treated as having a running start, may take 10 at any time), Perception +21, Persuasion +24
Systems walking locomotion, Shield Generator (SR 20), Micro shield (+1 Ref), Shield Exapnsion Module, magnetic feet, heuristic processor, 2 hand appendages, telescopic appendage, darkvision, improved sesnor package, locked access, secondary battery, arm Jump servos (+4 equipment to strength), jump servos
Holowan Mechanicals Droid Trait once per encounter, you may add 1 die of damage to an attack
Possessions electrostaff (superior tech upgrades; Superior Accuracy [+2 attack], Superior Damage [+5 damage])
Availability really freakin Restricted; Cost 63,020 credits
*refunds only available within 30 days of purchase

So, How does Holowan Mechanical hope to keep good on that promise?  Well, he has Greater Devastating Attack, which means opponents DT are treated as being 10 lower, and with a damage of 2d6+46 with his primary weapon, he will most likely be knocking his target down the CT through excess of damage, and since he has Stunning Strike, that's another -1 CT, for a total of -2 CT.  And if you find a swarm of enemies trying to harm you, he'll take them out with a Whirlwind Attack (which is even more excellent, because he has a melee reach of 2 squares, so he attacks all enemies within 2 squares of him). 

On top of that, If his enemy is too good with that weapon of theirs, with Disarming Attack and Improved Disarm, he gets a +5  (+10 once per encounter) bonus to Disarm his targets, and he ignores any armor bonus to Reflex Defense which they might have while disarming his target.

Finally, how does Holowan Mechanical promises to protect it's client? Well, this model has Draw Fire, along with a persuasion skill modifier of +24, your enemies will almost always attack him, instead of you!  And if that fails, stay close, for he has Harm's Way, and he will also protect you.  Additionally, this droid comes equipped with a shield generator, and a Shield Exapansion Module, to shield you as well as the droid!

Now, aren't you worried that this droid which you paid a handsome fee for might get destroyed or incapacitated taking all that damage for you?  Fear not!  With a Reflex Defense of 39 (44 with maximum Melee Defense), most attacks will fail! And, with a Fortitude Defense of 48 (and DT of 53) he's likely to remain in tip-top condition until all hostiles are eliminated!  And should he begin to fall down the condition track, he has Feats like Shake it Off and Indomitable to make sure he's back in prime fighting condition in no time!

EDITS:  Made him large size...now his strength is 34, which a starting 18 score, +4 from level progression, +4 from jump servos in his arms, and +8 from his large size.
192523575 wrote:
SO why no lightsaber? Seems that all Force users, regardless of Defelct, Block, or Redirect, always have one. Is this guy one of those 'oddball' Jedi that eschews a lightsaber for straight-up Force Kung-Fu?

Two reasons: 1) With this setup, he rolls d12s for his damage dice and with Iqnore Damage Reduction, his fists as better than any lightsaber against most targets. 2) Why do Jedi always have to have lightsabers? During the Clone Wars at the Battle of Dantooine, Mace Windu applied his mastery of Vaapad lightsaber combat to unarmed combat and destroy an entire legion of battle droids with his bare hands. Jedi Kung-Fu works
Show
I am White/Green
I am White/Green