character builder app for tablets

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a Nexus 7 tablet. It would be awesome to pull up the character builder and not have to print out my character sheet every time we played.

What is the possibility of this?
I use DnD Buddy.
Ksheet is pretty good. Imports directly from the CB.
A buddy of mine made one for Win 8 and Windows RT

apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-US/app/cha...

It looks pretty slick and it's free.
A buddy of mine made one for Win 8 and Windows RT

apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-US/app/cha...

It looks pretty slick and it's free.

The OP has a Nexus 7, so he will need an Android app.
Anyway, since we are it, here is another one for W8 we are usign ourselves:

apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-US/app/4em...

By going for the paid version you get the direct import from DDI too.   

Well, this is the proper moment for some shameless self promotion. I see some beautiful apps for Windows 8 have been already published, and I am intrigued by how much work people have put into this (parsing a .dnd4e file is not trivial).  It's also interesting that there are already 3 relevant apps for Windows 8.
I want to propose something slightly different: an interactive character sheet which allows for rolling your powers and skills seeing the way they are calculated, and is both mouse and touch-friendly. It's called Character Compendium, and it's free while in beta (so grab it and test it now, to get the update for free ;)).

Features

• Synchronization between devices and with your D&D Insider account

• Loading *.dnd4e files

• Never again lost in a sea of options: You can use semantic zoom to only see your melee powers, your rituals or your immediate actions!

• Damage tracking, together with powerful features like taking short rests and refreshing your used powers

• Built-in combat and non-combat views provide predefined filters for your powers, items and rituals, but you can change which powers are visible in each view

• Rolling powers, handling criticals etc! 

Known Issues 

• The option (weapon) choice flyout sometimes appear in two places simultaneously

• Account sharing might cause some error messages and minor synchronisation problems. If you use the same dnd insider account with two different microsoft accounts (which you shouldn't do anyway ;)), try not to update the same character from both accounts.

Find us on facebook and please tell us your opinion and feedback!

The first update, fixing some bugs, hit the store. A much more important one is under way!

I try to point out the causes of some of the last errors I find in the logs. Does anyone from the UK or Poland have problem with saving the state of the app (for example reloading the app and having lost their changes)?

Well, this is the proper moment for some shameless self promotion. I see some beautiful apps for Windows 8 have been already published, and I am intrigued by how much work people have put into this (parsing a .dnd4e file is not trivial).  It's also interesting that there are already 3 relevant apps for Windows 8.
I want to propose something slightly different: an interactive character sheet which allows for rolling your powers and skills seeing the way they are calculated, and is both mouse and touch-friendly. It's called Character Compendium, and it's free while in beta (so grab it and test it now, to get the update for free ;)).

Features

• Synchronization between devices and with your D&D Insider account

• Loading *.dnd4e files

• Never again lost in a sea of options: You can use semantic zoom to only see your melee powers, your rituals or your immediate actions!

• Damage tracking, together with powerful features like taking short rests and refreshing your used powers

• Built-in combat and non-combat views provide predefined filters for your powers, items and rituals, but you can change which powers are visible in each view

• Rolling powers, handling criticals etc! 

Known Issues 

• The option (weapon) choice flyout sometimes appear in two places simultaneously

• Account sharing might cause some error messages and minor synchronisation problems. If you use the same dnd insider account with two different microsoft accounts (which you shouldn't do anyway ;)), try not to update the same character from both accounts.

Find us on facebook and please tell us your opinion and feedback!

Character Compendium just hit release status!