New Player need help building casual angel deck.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm a new player and also new to the forums so if this isn't correct format I apologize. I need help with what I should add/Remove. I don't really have much idea's for what I should add for enchantments/sorcery's/instants.

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

Creatures:

Artifacts:
[deck]2Moonsilver Spear
2Quicksilver Amulet
4Angel's Feather[/deck]

Enchantments:
 [deck]1Gift of Estates
1Endless Horizons
1Luminarch Ascension[/deck]

Instant:
[deck]4Divine Deflection

Lands:
3Seraph Sanctuary
22Plains

Planeswalker:
1Ajani Goldmane[/deck]
please autocard instead of linking to some site

[c]Divine Deflection[/c] => Divine Deflection

or for the whole deck
[deck]3 Seraph Sanctuary
22 Plains[/deck]
becomes
proud member of the 2011 community team
please autocard instead of linking to some site

[c]Divine Deflection[/c] => Divine Deflection

or for the whole deck
[deck]3 Seraph Sanctuary
22 Plains[/deck]
becomes

doesn't seem to be working?
don't copy the tags from me (I broke them to make them visible), type them out yourself
proud member of the 2011 community team
You desperately need some early creatures or defense. Among your creatures only the 4 soul warden can be played before turn 4 in the game. This will make some matchups nearly impossible to win. There are only a few cards with the angel subtype that cost less than 4 mana to play so most angel decks I see have a humans or soldiers subtheme.
Don't be too smart to have fun
You desperately need some early creatures or defense. Among your creatures only the 4 soul warden can be played before turn 4 in the game. This will make some matchups nearly impossible to win. There are only a few cards with the angel subtype that cost less than 4 mana to play so most angel decks I see have a humans or soldiers subtheme.

Any ideas? I was gonna go with some mana 1 drops. But I figured if I can get some life gain cards on the field I'd be fine up till turn 4. I was thinking of also hadding 2Squadron Hawk I was also thinking of adding 2 Increasing Devotion
I'm drawing a blank right now but I would advise you to play 6 or fewer spells which cost 6CMC or more. Once you free up that space in the decklist you can look for on curve creatures which can fill the holes in the list. Efficient cards like spectral procession, or knight of meadowgrain will help you to reach a state in the game where you can actually cast your bigger spells.

Try posting the decklist in the casual decks section, there are more people there who are interested in tweaking decklists. There aren't a whole lot of deckbuilders who check this section of the forums.

Also oblivion ring: I suggest for every new player playing mono white to start with 4x oblivion ring in their decklist. It's easy to acquire as it's been printed at common and uncommon in many different sets. Additionally it does so much by dealing with planeswalkers, enchantments, and artifacts along with the usual creature removal.
Don't be too smart to have fun
A cheap enough angel you could play is Emancipation Angel. Its "drawback" is very easily abused with enters-the-battlefield triggers, or for resetting counters (removing unwanted ones or getting a fresh start), or losing unwanted auras on your creatures, etc. It can also bounce itself, which, in conjuction with Seraph Sanctuary, could gain you quite a number of life without actually having to include lifegain cards (which are usually bad, so lose your Angel's Feathers, they aren't worth the card slots). A fourth Sanctuary might then be a good idea.
hmm I do like the idea of Emancipation Angel. And I thought it would pair very good with oblivion ring.. Until I read oblivion ring correctly, is there any other way I could make a combo like oblivion ring and Emancipation angel, but without the creature coming back under my opponents field, lets say to his hand, or to the battlefield tapped? Although the combo could work long enough to get my bigger creatures out.
Aether Vial or your Quicksilver Amulet would allow you to drop the Angel in response to O-Ring's trigger. Vedalken Orrery gives it flash.
Cloudshift would also work, and would be on-theme.

~ Tim 

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)