monogreen treefolk deck first attempt

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
The one color I don't have a monocolored deck of is treefolk. Here was a early draft I came up with.

I was contemplating gaea's anthem and couldn't think of a big finisher to add.

How does it look? Anything blantantly off with it? lIke I said I'm not used to playing monogreen.
I think you need more ramp because Treefolk tend to be higher on the mana curve. Also, two of your treefolk are dependent on the # of Forests in play. No need for a big finisher as most Treefolk are already big. 

Perhaps something more along these lines

Creatures
4 Treefolk Harbinger
4 Bosk Banneret
4 Dungrove Elder
4 Leaf-Crowned Elder
4 Dauntless Dourbark
4 Timber Protector

Ramp
4 Nature's Lore
4 Explore or Search for Tomorrow

Utility
4 Beast Within

Lands
24 Forest

My Trade Thread Control capabilities are in all the colors. The difference is in the way they say no.
Thanks, forgot about beast within. Should just two ramp be enough?
I typically go with 8-12 pieces for decks like this that are top heavy. The 2 sets of ramp should be enough since you also run the bannerets. 
My Trade Thread Control capabilities are in all the colors. The difference is in the way they say no.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Never liked worldslayer.

The other two sound interesting though, but is their anything else that I should take out? The deck seems kinda stacked.

So I should keep beast within instead of a third ramp spell?
Play around with it to see if you would like the third ramp spell in your deck. If you see when playing that you would like more ramp, I would personally start with removing 1 of the timber protector then 1 beast within. 
Explore seemed meh to me, any other good ramps out there?
Personally, I like Explore. The draw a card part of it has been exceedingly helpful and is usually better in land heavier decks (24 lands or higher). Only other one I can think of is Gaea's Touch that is in the 2 mana slot. Some good 3 mana ramp cards are Cultivate, Sakura-Tribe Elder,  and Harrow
In my forest love treefolk deck, Blanchwood Armor and Primal Bellow are mighty handy. Also, even though it isn't a treefolk, Traproot Kami both fits with the theme and is a really strong card in this sort of deck. It also has reach so you can remove the kind of bad spidersilk armor.
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
Both sound good, can't think of what to drop though for blanchwood armor.

I was also contemplating loxodon warhammer.
How does this deck look?

It still has the two land searchers, but uses Primal Bellow for quick damage should something get through, beast within to take out flyers. I figured leaf crowned elder is good, but not good outside getting the powerhouses out, and while the protector is great, I figured he doens't hit all that hard and is more utility.

Does this look any better?
From personal experience, Leaf Crowned Elder is extremely important so keep it at 4. He basically lets you vomit out your deck and kinship triggers stack so you can play multiple cards for free (I abused it in a Shaman build in addition to treefolk). Primal Bellow was kinda meh from my experiences, I'd rather use Loxodon Warhammer to make sure damage got through. Also you can use Cream of the Crop  or Sensei's Divining Top to stack your deck to really abuse kinship triggers.
Reworked it abit. Did I improve it at all?

There's less lands, but now I have 2 finishers in rancor and hammer, and now also have removal. Took out two doubark, but he is suceptable to removal unlike the elder, though I could do a 3/3 split.
Dourbarks will be bigger than the Elders. Personally, I'd cut more of the Timber Protector. I found that in games I found him to be less relevant than the Dourbarks. Lignify is also kinda meh. Why give your opponents a blocker with a decently high toughness? There's one other good Treefolk that provides utility. It allows you to destroy artifacts and enchantments and has a decent body too.
I figured they'd get bigger, but my concern is stuff like path to exile that can target him, and can't target the elder.

Dropping 2 Protectors was a thought of mine myself.

The antiartifact guy seems ok, again the issue is space. I could drop a protector to put in another doubark.
My mate runs Cream of the Crop with Leaf-Crowned Elder. It works rather excellently, I reckon.