DLCR: Biomass Mutation

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays final GTC card to rate is...

Biomass Mutation

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This card is sweet.  It's like an instant speed Overrun!  High pick and just really good.

4-4.5

Discuss! 
Pretty sick overrun-esque effect that can be played in 3 out of 5 guilds. 4.0

It's not exactly overrun, because it makes creatures you control become X/X, not add +X/+X. But if you have the mana and a decent number of creatures this should be a game winner. I'll start it out at 4.0, you really want to be casting this with an X of 5 or more.

You know, on paper it does look ridiculous.

In practice, though, I've never really seen it do much than sit in the person's hand.  You need a strong board position to push it through, and that can be difficult when running up against some of hte more controlling guilds. 

Still it's not bad at all, but in practice I've just never seen it do much of anything.  Still, by the scoring system its a 4.0, but no higher really.  I can't see myself passing it, but then again I've never really seen it do that much
In the blue, 4.5, but I could see it be considerably worse.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
4.5 a finisher if I've seen one!

Gruul loves it, Simic loves it...come to think of it Dimir should get a lot of mileage out of this to.
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge

Bomb card closes the game out if you have any evasion whatsoever, and in simic it pumps the creatures base P/T meaning the counters still work for you.
Sign In to post comments