DLCR: Beckon Apparition

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other GTC card to rate is...

Beckon Apparition

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This card looks good.  However it's not.  You need a dead dude which should be doable but not early enough and late game it won't really matter generally.

Discuss! 
You can remove an opponent's dead guy too. And the 1/1 has flying so that's better. I would say 1.5 Sideboard card against a deck that likes to pull the same creatures out of graveyards.
1 for this as well, I wouldn't really want this outside of sideboard material, but I could see it making the maindeck if I was short on playables.
Eh, in Orzhov it gives you flying chump blocker in the mid-game that is easy to extort to high-heaven.

In anything else... eh.  Gives you a cheap Cipher target in Dimir, and nothing useful in Boros. 

It's about a 1 for me.  It's not particularly bad in Orzhov, where cheap removal often means having cards in the GY early enough for it to matter, and the cheap cost helps with extort.  A little worse in Dimir, but not completely useless.  Still, I'd rather have most any other in-color 1-drop over this.
1 sure.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
this is a "I need some cheap spells to extort off of" card

1.0~1.5
T You need a dead dude which should be doable but not early enough and late game it won't really matter generally.

Small correction:  It doesn't have to be a creature card to be exiled.  It can be any card, including a land you milled or a spell you played.

But yeah, 1.0.

Really not ever looking to play this except out of the sideboard, but even then I have a hard time figuring out when I would be desperate enough to side it in.
I'd rather have a one drop with extort, honestly. It'd be one of the last picks in a pack for me.

It might be sideboard-able in standard constructed against graveyard recursion, but Cremate would be preferable.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

Actually I wouldn't be upset to have one of these in my Orzhov deck.
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
Remember, this is an instant, and requires only any one card in any player's graveyard: it's not going to be a 1/1 flyer on turn 1, but at the same time it's not entirely unlikely to be usable by turn 2-3 thanks to early removal like Mugging.

It's not great (it will be a good bit better in DGM when it's in the same format as Scavange to hate on), but it's not utterly uinusable.  1.0 by Greven's Metrics, 1.5 by UA

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

If only this card were as good as its flavor text...

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
This is a 23rd card.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Sign In to post comments