AD&D 2nd Edition convention adventures

14 posts / 0 new
Last post

Does anyone have any of these Dark Sun convention adventures? I'd love to get a look, or copies of them.

AD&D 2nd Edition convention adventures

Guarded Wagon Caravan Company (1992)
Clutchmates (1993)
Hope for the Future (Dark Sun Benefit, GenCon 1993)
Isle of Gillig (1993)
Who'd Want to Kill Us? (Dark Sun Grandmasters, Winter Fantasy 1994)
The Night the Dragon King Died (Dark Sun Special, Gencon 1995)
Full Circle (1995?)
The Price of Power (1995?)

Where does this must incredible of lists comes from?
It comes from the Dark Sun Collector's Guide on the EN World forums. 
www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?292...

I asked about these on there a couple years ago and the response was:
"As far as I know, no. The various RPGA tournament adventures are generally rather poorly documented, so the ones I've included in the guides are only the ones I know about. Some of them were printed in such small numbers that it's entirely possible that copies of them no longer exist at all."

There has to be someone somewhere out there that has these, but since so few of the people who were active in the Dark Sun community in the 90's are still around I'm less than confident of them ever popping up online.
Man. Some hero needs to dig these out and scan 'em.
Man. Some hero needs to dig these out and scan 'em.

That would be sweet!  One can hope that people still have them.

Crazed undead horror posing as a noble and heroic forum poster!

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
I'm veeeery good at scaventing the net and after MUCH scraping, I couldn't find anything.

Someone must use his Scanner! 
The Siltskimmer Page - www.siltskimmer.org
Yeah, I've just been asking around to see if I can ring any bells.
I have started asking around myself..will keep everyone informed if I find anything
There was also a Gen Con arena tournament held as a prequel to the release of the original AD&D setting. An issue of Polyhedron had a simple "character sheet" players could use. It may have been a simple "roll up a PC and fight", I'm really not sure. But, it would be awesome to find some record of this!

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Anything have been digged?
The Siltskimmer Page - www.siltskimmer.org
Not to my knowledge.
The Guarded Wagon  - is that that same adventure that appeared in Polyhedron?
Wow, I've dug thru my stuff, sadly I have nothing.....if someone does, my hat is off to them n I hope they have a scanner n some generosity to keep us all in Dark Sun, cuz it appears WOTC has cut us off as I fully expected.   It would beyong great to have such treasures!
I expect DDI will have at least one more Dark Sun article...

But, honestly, Dark Sun support for 4E has been really good. It isn't all easy to get, but there has been a nice combination of free, DDI, for sale, and convention material. The amount out there is arguably as good as for any setting and far better than most!

With the release of pdfs, a DM really has a ton of setting material (and even if AD&D Dark Sun isn't fully released via pdf, the materials are all available for reasonable prices on E-Bay). If we can get Ashes of Athas released, I think the setting would really have everything a DM needs to run a really good campaign.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Sign In to post comments