1 Marsh Flats
1 Ghost Quarter
SB: 3 Supreme Verdict
SB: 4 Rest for the Weary
SB: 4 Spreading Seas
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 2 Extirpate
SB: 1 Ghost Quarter

Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
ISLANDS:

I discovered this saturday that a legacy mill I'm trying to build was actually legal in modern, so I played it at a modern tournament giving access to gp strassbourg.

I won half of my battles, mainly encountering 2 BW-tokens a BWG-token and elves.
(There was however pretty few contestants)

The design was as following:

17 islands
5 swamp
2 bojuka bog (Slowed down a lot of lingering souls)

4 archive trap (Killed twice, but otherwise useless)
4 mind funeral (Milled around 13 cards against all decks met, killed twice)
4 glimpse the unthinkable
4 shriekhorn
4 brain freeze (I wasn't really playing the card that well that day)
4 dream twist (Dream twist did add up to the final kill in at least 3 games)
4 tome scour
4mesmeric orb
4 surgical extraction (Slowed down lingering souls)

Only one of the token-players had the insight to avoid playing too many spells when mesmeric orb was in play, the others were quickly caught up in a dilemma between not attacking or die to the orb's mill. The insightfull player won the tournament, and I lost 1-2 against him.

From what I experienced during the game, and reading from decklists before the tournament, counterspells arent that widespread, so I would move brain freeze to the sideboard and opt for mind sculpt.

Also, the amount of players using fetch was pretty low, so archive trap only closed in on a kill 2 times during the whole tournament, so it could go to the sideboard as well...

In legacy I currently can't win with any removal, but if I was to sideboard against modern tokendecks I would use echoing decay!

I've actually overlooked shelldock isle in my designs and may try it out too.

By the feel of it, they were utterly unprepaired to meet milling and it was generally fun to play the deck.

My sideboard was meant for combo, but talking to the second place winner before the game I discovered that combo-decks like storm only killed at turn 4, which meant that most could beat it by playing rule of law at their turn 3.

One player who lost actually refused to play for fun afterwards, specifying that he really hated to play against mill.

hi there!

i saw mesmeric orb, and I thought: doesn't this affected you during the play? Well, maybe it won't affect you that much because you only will tap lands, few them, so may, this is why you play it, no? i'm thinking to test it in my mill deck!

also, i think Brain Freeze isnt a card for modern, it's beneath eighth edition, and it's not reedited.

by the way, no one of your opponents had enough creatures in play (even with orb) to attack you? i mention this beucase I don't see any removal on your deck.

well, i'll wait for your answer!
I don't always play bad decks, but when I do, I use 4 Ancestral Recalls.

=)
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.