Is there a gunslinger class?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was wondering if there is a good class that works with dual pistols...if so please inform me
Is this for DnD or D20Modern? If DnD, are you using pistols as a metaphor for anything similar two a dual-weilding ranged attacker?

If so, then check put Tempest's new Weekly optimization thread with his dual wand wielder build.
no its a D&D 3.5 character. and i really want pistols as in guns
Just so you know, it's normally considered bad form to post the exact same thread several times a week. 
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
I apolagize...i couldn't find those back and though they wre never posted
No, your other two gunslinger threads are just half a page down on my screen.
I've yet to encounter any gunpowder powered weaponed in 3.5.

2nd ed had an Arquebus as a standard weapon in PHB, but it was more along the lines of a musket, requiring two hands to use and a reload time of 1 round.

If your DM has gunpowder in his world then he might be able to house rule something for you, but either way, it should be old school requiring you to pour powder, load the ball, and whatnot for each shot. Minimum reload time of one round per gun.
I apolagize...i couldn't find those back and though they wre never posted

...Bro? They're still on the front page.
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
There's nothing for pistols. There's a decent PrC for "bows", which I already suggested in one of your other threads. Tempest has two builds in his sig, one for wands and one for light crossbows (though I would recommend against trying to slip that one into a game).
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
@Ahruhn: there are tables for powder weapons in the DMG
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
OK, I see them, Thanks

The Renaisance weapon section though is the only one that might fit in a fantasy setting though, and the pistol listed is a single shot as I said, and requires a Standard Action to reload, so still only allows 1 shot every 2 rounds (or 2 shots every 3 rounds dual wielding) for only 1d10 (crit 20/x3) damage with no damage modifiers.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

You got a lot of answers here. 

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"                               " As usual, Krusk comments with assuredness, but lacks the clarity and awareness of what he's talking about"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"        "Wow, thank you very much"

"Your advice is the worst"                                                  "I'd recommend no one listed to Krusk's opinions about what games to play"

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

You got a lot of answers here.

But that would involve reading! And not spamming!  That would obviously be impossible. I can't believe you'd suggest such a crazy idea.
Why not use the Pathfinder RPG's gunslinger class as reference?

Sign In to post comments