if a player attacks with archon of the triumvirate, its trigger activates, and goes on the stack, can i stop this by unsumming archon, or could i cancel it, or wen the player declares the attack do they get to instantly detain 2 creatures

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
if a player attacks with archon of the triumvirate, its trigger activates, and goes on the stack, can i stop this by unsumming archon, or could i cancel it, or wen the player declares the attack do they get to instantly detain 2 creatures
while you get the chance to respond to the trigger, removing its source won't stop it. Also, a normal counterspell like cancel won't be able to stop it either. you need something like stifle which explicitly can counter abilities. you can also make the targets illegal somehow so the trigger cannot affect them anymore.
Please autocard.
[c]Archon of the Triumvirate[/c] ⇒ Archon of the Triumvirate
Creating a Rules Thread

They autmatically get to detain the two creatures, even if the Archon is [C=Unsummon]removed[/c] from the battlefield before it resolves, as long as the creatures still exist when the Archon's ability resolves.

Something like Cloudshift makes a creature cease to exist while creating a similar but brand new creature.

You cannot counter a permanent, but you could counter its ability with an appropriate spell.

Your last chance to use unsummon to stop the detains in the begining of combat step.
Why would you place the entire question in the thread title?
Why would you place the entire question in the thread title?

It's what the system does when the OP forgets to give a title.