Questions with gyre sage, master biomancer and elvish archdruid

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I've some questions about the new rules, I would like to know the answers from the following things + explanation maybe.

1. I have Gyre Sage in play, I play Elvish archdruid. Does Gyre Sage get a counter or not?

2.I have Master biomancer in play, I play Elvish archdruid, Does Elvish archdruid enter the battlefield with 2 or 3 +1/+1 counters?

3. I have Gyre Sage and Elvish Archdruid in play. I play a 2/3 elf, does Gyre sage get a counter?
1) No, evolve won't trigger. trigger conditions are checked right after an appropriate event occurs. At that time, the Archdruid is on the battlefield (it entered it) and its ability applies, so the check sees the Sage already with the +1/+1 bonus applied.

2) 3. The Biomancer has a normal triggered ability (no intervening if clause like evolve). That trigger only checks the Biomancer's power when it resolves. You coulld even raise its power with Giant Growth or the like in response to the trigger to get even more counters.

3) Yes. The elf will have the bonus from the moment its on the field, so enters as a 3/4.

edit: I should've rtfc
Hi, I've some questions about the new rules, I would like to know the answers from the following things + explanation maybe.

1. I have Gyre Sage in play, I play Elvish archdruid. Does Gyre Sage get a counter or not?

No.  You check if evolve triggers immediately after the Archdruid enters the battlefield.  As he is on the battlefield His ability is in effect and the Sage is a 2/3 so the 2/2 Archdruid won't trigger her evolve.

2.I have Master biomancer in play, I play Elvish archdruid, Does Elvish archdruid enter the battlefield with 2 or 3 +1/+1 counters?

The Archdruid enters with 2 counters.  Just before the Archdruid enters the battlefield, you work out if anything is effecting how he enters the battlefield and, if so, what the effect is.  In this case the Archdruid is effected by the Biomancer's ability.  As the Archdruid hasn't entered the battlefield yet, the Biomancer has two power and the effect of his ability is to add two counters.

3. I have Gyre Sage and Elvish Archdruid in play. I play a 2/3 elf, does Gyre sage get a counter?

Yes.  Like in question 1, you check if evolve triggers immediately after the elf enters the battlefield.  As the elf is on the battlefield, it is effected by the Archdruid's static ability and so it is a 3/4 to the Sage's 2/3.

Ok thanks, guess I was right for the first and last, but wrong for the second
Sign In to post comments