A 1/1 for wubrg

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

Creature
Haste, vigilance, deathtouch
Protection from creatures
Whenever ~ deals damage to an opponent, you may draw a card.
1/1

Haste (red) goes well with Curiosity (blue) so you can draw a card the turn you cast the creature. To make sure it can connect, it gets pro-creatures (white). But that ability is also good for blocking (because you take no damage from creatures), so it gets vigilance (green) so it can block, and deathtouch (black) to kill anything it blocks.

Creature
Haste, vigilance, deathtouch
Protection from creatures
Whenever ~ deals damage to an opponent, you may draw a card.
1/1

Haste (red) goes well with Curiosity (blue) so you can draw a card the turn you cast the creature. To make sure it can connect, it gets pro-creatures (white). But that ability is also good for blocking (because you take no damage from creatures), so it gets vigilance (green) so it can block, and deathtouch (black) to kill anything it blocks.

Very Spikey, I should think, since the only way to deal with it still gives you card disadvantage. If we're doing WUBRG cards, I'm going free association: 

Peoples' Triumph  XWUBRG
Sorcery 
You gain X life and draw X cards. Peoples' Triumph does X damage to target player. That player discards X cards. Put X 1/1 white citizen tokens onto the battlefield. 

The thread belongs to the people.
Unless you kill it at instant speed.

I like your card, they'll probably make it some day. I was a bit confused at first I thought the life gain would be the white effect like on Sphinx's Revelation so the tokens should be green saprolings, but I guess you were basing it more on Stream of Life.
Most of those abilities are available in multiple colors

Haste - red/black/green
curiosity - blue/green
vigilance - green/white
protection - white
deathtouch - green/black

This could easily be just .
It's been a long time since I've seen a well designed WURBG card.

The problem is, you can't stable an ability from each color on a card, cost it WURBG, and then be done.

You forgot that Prey Upon targeting a creature with deathtouch and pro-creatures is also Murder.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

The problem is, you can't stable an ability from each color on a card, cost it WURBG, and then be done.

Someone's a pro. Observe how he subtly disses our cards, cementing his reputation as the coolest designer on the 'net.
Cause MTG never has a multicolor creature where they just tack on color approriate abilities...
Lightning Angel. Though honestly it could have all those abilities in mono-white.... 
Progenitus' Minion
Creature-Minion
Flying, first strike, haste, hexproof, protection from everything.
Other multicolored creatures get +1/+1
Whenever ~ attacks, defending player discards a card and loses life equal to ~'s power, and you draw a card and gain life equal to ~'s toughness.  Then put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
1/1

I'd say that Protection from everything is a WUBRG ability.  Flying is essentially a WUBRG ability, but for purposes, let's call it a WU ability

The other abilities:
White: Gain life, Flying
Blue: Curiosity, Flying
Black: Lose life, Larceny
Red: Haste, first strike
Green: Slithbound, Hexproof

Someone's a pro. Observe how he subtly disses our cards, cementing his reputation as the coolest designer on the 'net.

Cause MTG never has a multicolor creature where they just tack on color approriate abilities...
Lightning Angel. Though honestly it could have all those abilities in mono-white.... 

He's not being subtle at all. He's telling you outright that color staple cards are bad, because they are.  The fact that Wizards has done it, and will probably continue to do it, doesn't make it good design. It works in two colors, and maybe 3, but any more than that is just lazy design, and usually boring.

Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
The problem is that different color combinations have different identities. If this where it wouldn't feel right. Tends to do big flashy powerful effects. 3 drop 5/4s like Woolly Thoctar are approriate, this really isn't. In 5 color, we don't really have such a solid identity. I mean... Sliver Queen? Atogatog? Sure Conflux and Coalition Victory work because they deal with all five colors but how about Horde of Notions, Reaper King, or Maelstrom Archangel?
This really feels five color to me. 
These abilities aren't just stapled on. Each of them has a purpose in making this card what it is.

Cromat tries to. It really does. It fails at it (since bouncing isn't usually green, red's fourth for flying, regenerate doesn't usually cost two colors, white doesn't often get basilisks, and +1/+1 for is just being cute), but it tries.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt