A Card That Tickled My Fancy: Flamecrest Stalwart

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flamecrest Stalwart-
Creature-Ogre Soldier
Flamecrest Stalwart can block any number of creatures.
Whenever Flamecrest Stalwart blocks a creature, it deals 1 damage to that creature.
"Order finds holds in even the most savage hearts."~Ebres Vok, Flamecrest Legionaire
3/5

I could push this to 5 but like then it'd be way too strong a defender in limited. still a baller answer to tokens, but in constructed most token decks have anthems anyway so it doesn't just auto-wrath. against most other decks a lot of creatures have 2 toughness, which makes him good but not crazy. I'm mostly worried about his impact on limited, but impact on limited is what rarity is for! hooray!

< Amalgam Vat
120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
I like the card, especially the flavor. I think it'd be neat if it had vigilance though.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
I like the card, especially the flavor. I think it'd be neat if it had vigilance though.

I've always found vigilance weird on things that clearly just wanted to block. like, it wouldn't be wrong, because vigilance is at its core a defensive ability, but I always found it made more sense next to things that were good on both attack and defense, like first strike.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
I really like this card. Vigilance would make this guy way to annoying in limited. I thought I had a hard time dealing with Guardian of the Gateless but... :shiver:. i suppouse the great thing about all the suplemental products coming out these days though is that limited doesn't even have to be a concern at all!