DLCR: Bane Alley Broker

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other GTC card to rate is...

Bane Alley Broker

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

I like looters.  And this is one of the neatest ones we've had in a long time.  I also like that she has 3 toughness so she's out of Mugging range.

2-2.5

Discuss! 
I have to go at least 3.0 on this perhaps even 3.5. The ability to mill for 0 or draw a card for UB every turn should line things up in your favor remarkably fast and the 3 toughness makes it less vulnerable than the typical looter.
3-3.5, I think, though I lack on-hands experience.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
in my experience, if you're going dimir, BUG or even Esper, this is a must have. If you have too much lands, exile the land and then pay 2 to get 1 back if you draw no lands. By that logic you have card advantage. If someone vizkopa mage you, in response to tap this to hide your bomb. This card is just flexible.

However, due to its colour restrictions and the fact that if you're going dimir, chances are you already took all the dimir bombs, this card will get wheeled around a bit. 

Paradoxically I won't pick this over evasion b/c it has a high chance of coming back to you.

If someone vizkopa mage you, in response to tap this to hide your bomb. This card is just flexible.

Just remember if the Broker gets killed, even if you have a second Broker, you can't get back your bomb... I got one of my opponents who had been pitching his big cards to get lands when he was mana screwed, the turn he hit 5 lands I killed it, forever locking them away in exile. 

But yeah, this a great little looter, who every once in awhile you get the upside of being able to grab something you pitched earlier.

I give it a 2.5.  In the end, while looting is great, this thing doesn't have a single unit of power.
If someone vizkopa mage you, in response to tap this to hide your bomb. This card is just flexible.

Just remember if the Broker gets killed, even if you have a second Broker, you can't get back your bomb... I got one of my opponents who had been pitching his big cards to get lands when he was mana screwed, the turn he hit 5 lands I killed it, forever locking them away in exile. 

But yeah, this a great little looter, who every once in awhile you get the upside of being able to grab something you pitched earlier.

I give it a 2.5.  In the end, while looting is great, this thing doesn't have a single unit of power.

lol he was making it THAT obvious? chances are if somone vizkopa mage you, they won't have enough mana to also kill your broker (that guy costs like ALL the things. If you know that they have a lot of removal, and frankly just the fact that there is no other card in the set that can do this, it's worth it to use to mana to get it back.
Only good in a vaccum, the state of Dimir's defensive weaknesses means this card rarely has time to do anything.

Most people probably realize at this point that Dimir doesn't have much time in the early game to monkey around with this card.

Also many people will be losing their cards when this thing is removed or forced to block.
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge

It's a looter. 

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.