Which "Character Creation Setup" option to use?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
In the character builder, when you go to create a new, custom character the very first option that it asks is which Campaign Setting are you playing.  Are there any differences between them?  As far as I've been able to tell, there don't seem to be any different options for whether you choose "D&D Home Campaign" or "Forgotten Realms" or "Eberron" or what have you.

Is there an actual difference?  If so, what differences are there and how do you know which is the appropriate setting for the character that you want to build?  Note: as a DM, I like for my players to have access to as many options as possible, but especially the options for the campaign world that they are in.
  Always choose Home Campaign.

Anything else is liable to lock you out of certain options (without actually telling you what they are - you learn the hard way when you can't find something that should be there, and the only way to fix it is to create the character all over again).
You can always sort powers by source, so you can still use "setting-appropriate options".

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

As stated, always use Home Campaign and just set it up to only use campaign-appropriate sources.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Since I only play LFR I ussually just go Forgotten Realms setting.
And I still have core setting gods listed for deity.
The builder suggested Pellor for my Oghma domain warpreist but would not let me choose Akadi for my Storm Warpreist.
And all the Dragon Mark feats show up. 
So what the criteria for inclusion in a setting are is anyones quess. 
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
Sign In to post comments