Its time someone made a biovisionary thread.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I like biovisionary and so I was wondering, how much clone-esc cards are out there? not just in standard, all of them. Also, Living wish goes amazing with it; just saying
Rite of Replication

With that stated, a Gatherer search for the rules text "a copy of" returns 83 results.
Not all of them will be suitable, but still, there's no shortage of choices.
Infinite Reflection, then all you need is a bunch of other creatures.
Mirrorweave might be the best option.
dance of many is often overlooked in this department.

I'm gonna go with this. G/U elf token deck. Quick and dirty.
Stolen Identity encoded on an evasive creature.
Since they only need to have the same name... _____.

To autocard: [c]Killer Whale[/c] ⇒ Killer Whale

So I like biovisionary and so I was wondering, how much clone-esc cards are out there? not just in standard, all of them. Also, Living wish goes amazing with it; just saying

Not in tournament Magic it doesn't, since you can only use your sideboard.

Anyway,

Rite of Replication (Note: With token clones, populate is nice, as is Rhys the Redeemed.)
Bifurcate
Phyrexian Metamorph
Pack Hunt
Cryptoplasm
Dual Nature
Spitting Image
Clone
Vesuvan Doppelganger
Stolen Identity
Splinter Twin
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
Riku of Two Reflections
Mirrorworks (Works wonders with Mycosynth Lattice.)
Quicksilver Gargantuan
Evil Twin
Body Double
Cackling Counterpart
Cemetery Puca
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

I question the viability of this. As it makes EVERY other creature a copy. Including other player's creatures... would that not trigger a draw as all players reach an identical victory condition at the exact same moment?
it depends on whose turn it is

in 2 player games you have to cast it in your opponent's turn, in multiplayer games in the turn of the opponent before you
proud member of the 2011 community team
it depends on whose turn it is

in 2 player games you have to cast it in your opponent's turn, in multiplayer games in the turn of the opponent before you

I am uncertain how the timing of the cast affects this. As the biovisionary says "At the beginning of the end step" which means the end-step of which the spell is cast. For if you cast mirrorweave DURING the end-step, and since it only lasts until end of turn, it would, in essence, achieve nothing.

In short mirrorweave either fizzles, or all players with 4 or more creatures win at the same time. no?
I got that wrong for Multiplayer
it has to be in the turn of the opponent AFTER you

you have of course to cast it before the end step, post-combat mainphase at the latest

then in the end step it will trigger for all players that control 4 or more creatures
those triggers are put on the stack in APNAP order. first the player whose turn it is puts it on the stack, then the player whose turn it is next, etc.
it will resolve in reverse order, so the player who put the trigger on the stack last will win
proud member of the 2011 community team