Oh god Wasteland Viper and Trample

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I was doing some hunting around for rules and stuff regarding deathtouch and trample, because I had a Wolfir Silverheart bonded and with Rancor My opponent blocked with a crapload of tokens and a bunch of creatures to do lethal to Silverheart, but then I bloodrushed both Ghor-Clan Rampager and Wasteland Viper. To my and my opponent's knowledge, I assigned the 5 damage I just bloodrushed to 1 of each of his five creatures (doing lethal) and trampled over the rest for 10. My buddy next to me and my friend were like, yeah, that seems legit, due to that ruling they made about deathtouch a little while back. 

What I think people are underestimating about Wasteland Viper is his ability to do just that. If you have lots of trample-y creatures (cough Skarrg Guildmage cough), he just brings extreme pain. I also love his 2 toughness. 

So what do you think of this card? I think it's pretty great with certain combos (bloodrush it onto something with Madcap Skills or Alpha Authority perhaps?), and I'm guessing it's great in limited. Do you think he could see some standard play? I'm using him against other standard decks and I've been winning pretty consistently. RDW has fallen multiple times to my Gruul deck, which seems like a good sign.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

the thing is to do trample damage you have to assain lethal damage to every creature blocking yours. deathtouch only says every blocking creature dies ones it has been given combat damage, but it don't change at whitch point damage is considered lethal so to do trample you still have do do more damage than the blocking creatures have tougthniss summed up.
Deathtouch changes the quality of damage so that one point is lethal, so you can now trample straight through. Basilisk Collar used to ask "Trample, good sir? Or will it be Tim today?"
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Nightshade Peddler + Izzet Staticaster is extremely annoying.

If only for the sour taste of flavorlessness "poisonous lightning" causes.
Nightshade Peddler + Izzet Staticaster is extremely annoying.

If only for the sour taste of flavorlessness "poisonous lightning" causes.

I still accidentally call it Stratocaster all the time.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt