Boo hoo.

19 posts / 0 new
Last post

Link

I'm sorry your life is so hard.  I mean, working people everywhere should really think about how awful it is that you make millions because you're pretty.  I'm sure the girl at the Taco Bell counter feels lucky she didn't 'win a genetic lottery'.

Srsly, you dope.  You don't think regular women (or men, for that matter) aren't physically insecure?  Well guess what, cutie pie, there's a whole lot of 'em who're also insecure about other matters.  Stuff like feeding and clothing themselves or their kids - stuff you're not worried about at all.  Shut up.

Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

By your emotional reaction it seems you hate pretty girls. 
President of the OTTer Research Council on the Universe

I just hate people that have all sorts of an easy life and then whine about it.  She didn't think even a little bit about the fact that there's millions of people who have the same problems she does - with none of the advantages.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I understand what you are saying, but that would mean that people with problems in the US, for example, shouldn't be complaining cause they have it way better than say people in Nigeria. 
President of the OTTer Research Council on the Universe
Kinda with the dog here.  There's always someone that's worse off, so either everyone should shut their mouth and not complain, or everyone gets to complain.

Sides, it's a human interest article.  It exists solely because people want to know what people like her think and feel.  The consumers are at least as much to blame for pointless articles like that as the people being interviewed for them.  Or you got something against people making a living? 
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
True. Someone always has it worse. That doesn't mean you can't complain about whatever bothers you. 
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
Surprisingly enough, I agree with EE & the "ironic" canine. It would seem that the Mayans were only off by about five weeks.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls

I just like pretty boys.

Kinda with the dog here.  There's always someone that's worse off, so either everyone should shut their mouth and not complain, or everyone gets to complain.

There's a difference between "can" and "should."
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
There's a difference between "can" and "should."

Sure there is.

But there's also a difference between "should", "shouldn't" and "no judgement/value neutral".
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]

Link

I'm sorry your life is so hard.  I mean, working people everywhere should really think about how awful it is that you make millions because you're pretty.  I'm sure the girl at the Taco Bell counter feels lucky she didn't 'win a genetic lottery'.

Srsly, you dope.  You don't think regular women (or men, for that matter) aren't physically insecure?  Well guess what, cutie pie, there's a whole lot of 'em who're also insecure about other matters.  Stuff like feeding and clothing themselves or their kids - stuff you're not worried about at all.  Shut up.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine

Sides, it's a human interest article.  It exists solely because people want to know what people like her think and feel.

Why?
What shallow, insecure, doltish riff-raff would care what some celebrity meathead thinks about... anything?

The people what care about that crap are more puke-inducing than the actual celebrities what think they are more important than the "masses".
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
What shallow, insecure, doltish riff-raff would care what some celebrity meathead thinks about... anything?

The kind that would purchase a supermarket tabloid and similar magazines because of the articles about celebrities.
Lol, I love reading magazines like People, Glamor and Cosmopolitan. 
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
Why?

At it's core, it's the same reason I have a couple of bookcases of fiction ranging from hard core Sci-Fi (hello Asimov!) to action-packed urban fantasy (hello Harrison!)1.

It's escapism.  Whether you find your escape by reading about real people that sound more interesting then yourself, fake people that sound more interesting then yourself, board games, going out and getting blind drunk, etc., it's all the same pursuit.

Why be so judgemental?  "If it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg" and all that jazz.
________
1And that's not counting all the digital books I've gotten on my kindle in the last year.  Seriously, that thing is good (bad?) for my reading habit. 
Why?

Why be so judgemental? 

Because it promotes doltishness and sends false messages.

But I get your point.
Except it's not little. Think about it: people whose entire job consists of how they look are going to be insecure about how they look. Haven't you ever heard of "job security"? She doesn't have it. What if she gets in a car wreck tomorrow, and bashes her face on the windshield? You or I would (eventually) be able to go back to work with facial scarring; she wouldn't. In her case, worrying about how she looks isn't "shallow", it's worrying about her job. Y'know what I mean, Verne?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Why?

Why be so judgemental?

It's RH. Judgementalness is his thing. 
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
It's RH. Judgementalness is his thing. 

Wait, you've seen RH's thing? Is there something you want to tell us? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
Except it's not little. Think about it: people whose entire job consists of how they look are going to be insecure about how they look. Haven't you ever heard of "job security"? She doesn't have it. What if she gets in a car wreck tomorrow, and bashes her face on the windshield? You or I would (eventually) be able to go back to work with facial scarring; she wouldn't. In her case, worrying about how she looks isn't "shallow", it's worrying about her job. Y'know what I mean, Verne?

Insurance.  Srsly, dawg.  Odds are if she were disfigured in an accident she'd make more money than she does right now.  Ever hear of Lloyd's?  Point is, she's financially secure in a way most of us aren't and it's all cuz she's pretty.

Section Six Soldier