Exsanguinate Ramp

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

I've been working on this for a 10 Player Multiplayer Free-for-All Casual Tournament this Tuesday and I've spent the last couple of days tuning it. The land is pretty solid, but I'm having trouble streamlining the list. The idea, as the name entails, is to ramp into a large Exsanguinate and clean up the table with big finishers. I know there will be at least 2 Orzhov Extort decks there, which is why I added the BSZ wipes. O-rings take care of most other threats, and the Acidic Slime provides a tutorable utility critter. I am probably going to cut Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger for Necropotence to help my card drawing, though the tripple black is going to be difficult to accomadate on the curve. I've been seriously thinking about cutting some cards for 3-4 Harmonize. I'm open to any suggestions as far as swaps/ cuts and would love some feedback.

23 lands
3x Razorverge Thicket
3x Woodland Cemetery
1x Isolated Chapel
1x Overgrown Tomb
1x Temple Garden
2x Gavony Township
1x Vault of the Archangel
2x Cavern of Souls
5x Forest
3x Swamp
1x Plains

18 Creatures
4x Solemn Simulacrum
3x Primeval Titan
3x Grave Titan
1x Massacre Wurm
1x Wurmcoil Engine
1x Acidic Slime
1x Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger

19 Sorceries/ Enchants
4x Farseek
4x Exsanguinate
3x Lingering Souls
3X Black Sun’s Zenith
3x Oblivion Ring
2x Green Sun's Zenith
2x Sol Ring
1x Pernicious Deed
1X Beseech the Queen

You say it is a tournament.  Is there the threat of monored/heavy red packing Blood Moons, Ruinations, or Price of Progress to punish greedy landbases? 

Some random thoughts on the deck:

Yawgmoth's Bargain can let you effectively chain Exsanguinates together.  I like this better than Necropotence because you get the spells now, rather than during your end step.  I've a BG X-spell deck that does this; Primordial Hydra, Channel, Hurricane, Squall Line, and Squallmonger are also in the deck.  On occasion, I mix in means to give the Squallmonger infect, just to end games quickly.

You say X-spell, I say 8, 12, or even 16 post (Cloudpost, Glimmerpost, Vesuva, and Thespian's Stage).  Parts are easily fetched with multiple Primeval Titans.  If this seems unwieldy, consider Expedition Maps, or even Sylvan Scrying, as well.

I would make the Cavern of Souls into Boseiju, Who Shelters All - you need the Exsanguinates to work. 

Noone will complain about 2 Sol Rings?  Cool.

You've some solid haymakers in there.  Gatecrash brought some fun MP cards with it, namely Sylvan Primordial and Sepulchral Primordial.  While 7 cmc is steep, they are quite worth it, especially the Sylvan, as he will fetch your Forest-y shocklands.

You are in the colors of Teneb, the Harvester, Harvester of Souls, and Hex.  The latter can prove especially useful.

Instead of Harmonize for draw, what about Syphon Mind?  The same cmc for potentially more cards (not too mention the discard).

Silklash Spider is a reliable, repeatable sky-sweeper who really loves deathtouch. 

Big games make cards like Chancellor of the Dross tempting to run; I've a deck with a pair due to its cmc.  The record was a 22-player game with an opening Chancellor of the Dross alongside a trio of Chancellor of the Spires.  The point is that being able to have such a large impact on the game before anyone can react is not only fun, but often leads to victory.

Cheers!

A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
Thanks for the input! I must say I didn't even think about the Cloudposts. Def. including Yawgmoth's after your suggestion as well. I've played a few test games with Necropotence in the deck and there were times I wanted those cards in my hand during one of my main phases. I do like the half of Woodfall Primus in Sylvan Primordial, I just don't know if I can make room in the deck for one. Might just cut Acidic Slime for it, but we'll see... I'll post a definitive list after I make some changes. Thanks again!
Sign In to post comments