Have it your way

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I'm surprised that the UK is so upset over horsemeat.  My understanding that the revulsion to eating horse was mostly an American thing.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Have you seen their faces? To them it's like eating one of their own.
President of the OTTer Research Council on the Universe
I think the bigger issue is that BK seems to have lied about it.  I mean, I'm sure they're unhappy about the horsemeat but BK said their stuff was good.

And yes, the revulsion we feel toward the thought of eating horse or dog or cat or whatever is sort of silly when you think about it.  Makes some sense, too.  They're our friends after all.  Still, first world problems.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

You guys really do not eat horse meat? They sell it in grocery stores here. Lean meat.
Yep.  Likely has a lot to do with the romanticized (thanks to the wild west stuff) image we have of them.

Section Six Soldier

Didn't a guy die because of his romance with an horse?
Yup. Internal injuries... And he didn't get kicked.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Americans eat corn though, from what i understand the rest of the world thinks thats pretty odd.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
fascinating if true
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
Americans eat corn though, from what i understand the rest of the world thinks thats pretty odd.

It's a North American crop.  Not really really weird that it isn't as popular in the rest of the world.  Same reason you get all sorts of weird veggies when you eat Chinese.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Its used as animal feed in the rest of the world, Its like the equilivant of eating cat food or something, from what ive heard.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Corn was originally grown in Mesoamerica, and was then introduced to the Inca Empire & what became the eastern US. It's still used in the Americas as food. Haven't you ever had corn tortillas?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Its used as animal feed in the rest of the world, Its like the equilivant of eating cat food or something, from what ive heard.

There's two basic types of corn, the sweet corn and the animal feed corn. The sweet kind is eaten here as well, be it boiled, marinated or popcorn.
What is different is the volume of corn flour in other products. Wheat or potato starch is much more common than corn flour.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
You guys really do not eat horse meat? They sell it in grocery stores here. Lean meat.

Send me a horse-burger.
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.