DC: Phyrexian Boon

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays random card is...

Phyrexian Boon

This card is so-so.  It can either be a really expensive Unholy Strength or a really expensive Weakness variant.  Choices are nice but to bad it doesn't say if it's a creature you control it gets the bonus and if it's a creature you don't control it gets the negative.

Thumbs down

Discuss! 
I have fond memories of using this on my younger bro's Uthden Trolls.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

I'm typically a fan of options on a card but in this case they're just not really worth it either way, that said it isn't uesless so I'm gonna have to give it a resounding meh.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

This should be , maybe , but not .

Also, it's not quite Weakness. Weakness does -2/-1. This does -1/-2.

Obviously by today's standards, with Dead Weight, it's bad either way.

139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
This would cost less if printed nowadays, and the White Version is interesting because it's an out of color effect... but I'm still fond of this card.  Two extra power is a lot when the board is clear, or if the former is not true, this helps keep it clear.  In that way, it's pretty similar to Feast or Famine actually, though Feast is the better card.

EDIT: Forgot for a moment that the numbers on Serra's Boon were reversed, too.  +1 power or -1 Toughness is NOT as good as +2 power or -2 Toughness, even with the opposite factor making their "heft" even

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

I'm a fan of this type of card. I'd probably run it in some deck if I had the room.