My simic deck for FNM tonight plz help. Its the 1st deck Ive ever built on my own!

23 posts / 0 new
Last post

This is nmy very first attempt at making my own deck without help of my sister. Plz help me , I want to play this at FNM
 Biovisionary x4
Clone x4
Elusive Krasis x4
Simic Manipulator x4
Fathom Mage x2
Prime Speaker Zegana x2
Gyre Sage x3
Stolen Identity x3  
Infinite Reflection x3
Mizzium Skin x4
Crackling counterpart x4
Druid Deliverance x4
Island x8
Forest x5
Alchimists Refuge x3
Hinterland Harbor x4
Breeding pool x4

So ya, pretty much its get Biovisionary, clone,crackle,copy ect him. Krasis is there for the cypher,Speaker is for drawin cards and deliverance is to populate the tokens. Mizzum skin for hexproof. So far I did ok testin it. lotsa times I was usng the clones an stuff to copy my opponents creatures til I could drop a Biovisionary an reflections him. I also dont got a sideboard. So if u got any tips on how to make this better plz tell me. but make sure u tell me the set an rarity an if possible price range of any cards u think I need. Also what do i need for sideboard?
simic was basically my first truly competitive deck back from the original RAV, so it has a special place in my heart.

you really want some mana acceleration, since your deck is pretty mana hungry. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

So, what should I add for ramp that wont hurt my theme? maybe put in farseeks?
First, let's format this puppy, so we can see what's going on:

Creature (23)

Other (18)
[deck]4 Cackling Counterpart
4 Druid's Deliverance
3 Infinite Reflection
4 Mizzium Skin
3 Stolen Identity[/deck]

Land (24)
[deck]3 Alchemist's Refuge
4 Breeding Pool
5 Forest
4 Hinterland Harbor
8 Island[/deck]

Just some quick feedback:

- You have 65 cards in your deck. You need to pare this down to the 60 best cards, without taking out any land.

- As already mentioned, your deck is very mana intensive. You currently have eight cards with a converted mana cost (CMC) of 6. Your average CMC is 3.4. A lot of the decks you will meet have a CMC of 2 and will kill you on turn 4. You probably need to both pare back your average CMC by cutting some of the six-mana cards and, as suggested above, introduce some mana acceleration, using Arbor Elf or Farseek (the former is usually the better choice). Edit: I see that you have Gyre Sage which helps, but she will not always be on the battlefield.

- You have no removal, so you are very susceptible to threats.

- You have too many Island and not enough Forest. In general, your mana sources should be proportional to the mana symbols on your cards and you have a lot of blue cards, including several with

I'm not familiar yet with the Simic cards in Gatecrash to give more specific advice than that. There are creatures with counters that grow over time (Predator Ooze and Primordial Hydra) and sorceries that add counters (Blessings of Nature and Increasing Savagery) that may be helpful.
So if u got any tips on how to make this better plz tell me. but make sure u tell me the set an rarity an if possible price range of any cards u think I need.

A properly formatted posting using the card tags [c] and [/c] will allow you to hover over a card name and will show you the card, with the rarity and expansion set symbol. Determine the price range is your job (and regardless, we don't know what your budget is). You can get a quick price at tcgplayer.com.

So, what should I add for ramp that wont hurt my theme? maybe put in farseeks?

you need enough mana to make your theme actual work

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

It looks like your only win con is [C]Biovisionary[/C].  You have evolve creatures, but not much in the way of triggers.  You need a few big stompy things.  You've got two Prime Speakers but only one creature (the aforementioned Biovisionary) with an "as cast" power greater than one, and even that one that will only draw you a single card.  Creating clones of evolving weenies won't cause the others to get bigger very much because the clone is going to be entering the battlefield without any counters.
Simic Manipulator is useless in your current deck, you don't have nothing that triggers so mouch counters to control anything.
Simic guild leader is just useless...

There was a better Biovisionary based deck out there but i don't know more whose was that 

This is nmy very first attempt at making my own deck without help of my sister. Plz help me , I want to play this at FNM
 Biovisionary x4
Clone x4
Elusive Krasis x4
Simic Manipulator x4
Fathom Mage x2
Prime Speaker Zegana x2
Gyre Sage x3
Stolen Identity x3  
Infinite Reflection x3
Mizzium Skin x4
Crackling counterpart x4
Druid Deliverance x4
Island x8
Forest x5
Alchimists Refuge x3
Hinterland Harbor x4
Breeding pool x4

So ya, pretty much its get Biovisionary, clone,crackle,copy ect him. Krasis is there for the cypher,Speaker is for drawin cards and deliverance is to populate the tokens. Mizzum skin for hexproof. So far I did ok testin it. lotsa times I was usng the clones an stuff to copy my opponents creatures til I could drop a Biovisionary an reflections him. I also dont got a sideboard. So if u got any tips on how to make this better plz tell me. but make sure u tell me the set an rarity an if possible price range of any cards u think I need. Also what do i need for sideboard?

ok, so I made some changes and went 3-2 last night
I found myself clonin Master bio mancer and arch druids and dropping visionary with reflections for instant wins. the look on peeps faces made my night. "I just got punked by a little girl" was the best quote I ever heard there lol 

Also, I dont know how to do that linking thingy, but I can read u the card if u really need me too.
Also, I dont know how to do that linking thingy, but I can read u the card if u really need me too.

First off, congratulations on your 3-2 and punking guys with stereotypes.

You don't need to read us the cards, but in general, when you post a deck for feedback, you will get more feedback if it is linked properly. That way people can just hover over the cards, if it's a card they don't know or can't remember the details of. I'm a very visual person, so for me it makes a huge difference.

Here is how you do it:

1. If you are just discussing a single card, you put [c] at the beginning of the card name and [/c] at the end of the card name. So [c]Master Biomancer[/c] becomes Master Biomancer.

2. If you want to autocard a whole deck list, you put the [deck] tag at the beginning of your list and the [/deck] tag at the end of the list. It also helps if you create separate lists for creatures, planeswalkers, other spells, and land. Put the number of how many copies you have in front of the card name, without an "x" (the "x" gets inserted automatically). Per this method, your deck would look like this:

Creature (27)

Other (14)

[deck]3 Stolen Identity
3 Infinite Reflection
3 Cackling Counterpart
2 Mizzium Skin
3 Druid's Deliverance[/deck]

Land (26)

[deck]8 Island
7 Forest
3 Alchemist's Refuge
4 Hinterland Harbor
4 Breeding pool[/deck]

When you do this, you have to spell the card names right, otherwise it doesn't work (for example, it's "Cackling" Counterpart, not "Crackling").

In terms of your deck, I would recommend the following:

1. Add Rancor
2. Cut the deck down to 60 cards (24 lands)
3. I'm not sure I see the point of Invisible Stalker in this deck. Yes he is unblockable and has hexproof. However, unless you pump him up with enchantments or counters, he really doesn't do much for you.
4. Do you use Alchemist's Refuge often? If not, I would replace it with basic land.
Stalker is for Stolen Identity and what 5 cards would you take out to make it 60?
Stalker is for Stolen Identity and what 5 cards would you take out to make it 60?

That makes sense and it's also a good target for Infinite Reflection.

Two of the cards you will take out will be lands, because once you have 36 non-land cards, 24 lands will be a good number to play with. You still have three spells to take out (and that's without adding Rancor). I don't know which three to recommend, but it still seems that you are high on 6-mana cards, and that would be one place to look, but it's hard for me to say. When you play the deck, pay attention to which card seems to add the least value. Also, do you have just the right amount of mana acceleration now, or too much? That's another place you could make adjustments.

I'm still curious about Alchemist's Refuge...do you use it much?
The main thing I dislike...  is that his #1 win condition seems to be the biovisionary/cloning....

What happens if they exile all of your Biovisionaries? or... Detention Sphere...? Homing Lightning, Izzet Staticaster, Sever the Bloodline....

I feel you could have so many better spells than all of those cloning spells.... not to mention that all of those spells are really expensive..
I am White/Black
The main thing I dislike...  is that his #1 win condition seems to be the biovisionary/cloning....

I agree that this is her main win condition, but she could clone something on the opponent's side too, each enhanced by Master Biomancer. But I do think Rancor would be a good fit, or one of the sorceries that add extra counters.

I agree that the spells are expensive. There is plenty of mana ramping, but without having played with the deck I have no idea how things came together. It did go 3-2 at FNM, so it's clearly capable of winning.

I say congratualations for winning some games with Biovisionary! There's nothing better than winning with an alternate win-condition like that. It's a good job finding Infinite Reflection as that is probably the only realistic way to pull it off.

That makes sense and it's also a good target for Infinite Reflection.

Well that comment makes no sense, I retract it. I misread Infinite Reflection. This means that Invisible Stalker is really only used to support one other card (Stolen Identity) and I'm not sure that is an efficient use of your slots.
Parallel Lives could be fun in this deck.
Parallel Lives could be fun in this deck.

I have been looking at this deck more, and the problem is that it is trying to do too many things:

- Ramp mana
- Copy Biovisionary
- Protect Biovisionary
- Make tokens
- Populate
- Evolve
- Have an alternate wincon

I don't think it is possible to efficiently make copies of Biovisionary[c/] (with [c]Clone and/or Infinite Reflection) and create tokens (with Cackling Counterparts and/or Stolen Identity) and populate (with Druid's Deliverance and/or Parallel Lives). I think it needs to be one or the other.

The other thing this deck really needs to be able to do is to win when Biovisionary is not out and another creature needs to be copied instead.

Finally, I think Spell Rupture is going to be of more use than Mizzium Skin.

With Parallel Lives and Stolen Identity you could get four copies of the best creature on the board the turn you cast it; if there happens to be a Biovisionary then you could win the game right there. I think the Clone and populate effects could potentially be stripped out of the deck, with Stolen Identity as the primary win-con, and Biovisionary as a cute way to win on the spot if you happen to have one out.

I think this should be a cipher deck. Voidwalk could be fun to tinker with if you can abuse creatures with EtB triggers, like Elvish Visionary or Thragtusk. And you'd get double the 3/3 tokens if Parallel Lives were in play, lol!
There was a better Biovisionary based deck out there but i don't know more whose was that 

I'd like to know more about this. Where did you see it?