Shards or Ravnica

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
So awhile back I started on a set called Shards of Ravnica in which the shards of alara drift into ravnica. The planes meld and the various denizens of each shard allign with the various guilds. It was pre Return, so they all had old Ravnica abilities. Sadly I can't find the cards I designed. The only one I (mostly) remember.

Nayan Slums
Land
Enters the battlefield tapped
Bloodthirst 1
Devour 1
: Add or to your mana pool. Use this mana only to cast creature spells. If the creature cast with this mana enters the battlefield with one or more +1/+1 counters on it, it enters the battlefield with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on ~.

The original was more elegant I think, but oh well.
So anyone else have any ideas? 
Remembered another one:
Simic Tactician 
Creature - Human Mutant Knight
Exalted, Graft 3
: Target creature with a +1/+1 counter on it has exalted.
0/0

And here's a new one:
Conclave Behemoths 
Sorcery
Convoke
Put a 5/5 green beast token onto the battlefield.

Yay! For mixing old and new mechanics.
Crag-Top Loomer 2 g/b r
Creature- Angel Warrior
Flying
Bloodthirst 3
Sacrifice Crag-Top Loomer. Target opponent discards cards equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on Crag-Top Loomer
3/2
IMAGE(http://imageshack.us/a/img338/9489/cragtoploomer.jpg) Uploaded with ImageShack.us' alt='IMAGE(IMAGE(http://imageshack.us/a/img338/9489/cragtoploomer.jpg) Uploaded with ImageShack.us)' />

probably not good, but fun to make
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Its kinda funny... Grixis is the only color that matches Izzet.
Cruel Staticaster
Creature - Zombie Wizard
Sacrifice a creature: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature.
When a creature dealt damage by ~ dies this turn, ~ deals 2 damage to target player and put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
He took to elctromagery well. Maybe too well.
2/2

(Yes I konw it doesn't use any real mechanics from either block, but its fun.

Etherium Lobotomist :ubm:
Artifact Creature - Wizard
Transmute
Whenever ~ becomes blocked by a non-artifact creature, that creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn.
When ~ deals combat damage to player, you may have that player puts cards equal to the damage dealt from the top of their library into their graveyard. If you do, return ~ to its owners hand.
2/2 
Slum Crusher Wurm
Creature - Wurm
Bloodthirst 1
Trample
:rgm:: Target creature with power 5 or more gains "When this creature gains combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a land." Activate this ability only once a turn for each creature.
4/5

Loyal Following
Sorcery
Put a 1/1 white soldier token with exalted onto the battlefield, then populate. If the second token created by this ability is a 1/1, proliferate again.

Boros Behemoth Seeker
Creature - Human Soldier
Doublestrike
Battalion - Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, you may reveal a creature with power 5 or more from your hand. If you do, ~ gets +5/+0 and trample until end of turn.
0/1 
Dragon Clan Crash
Creature - Dragon Barbarian
Flying, Devour 2
Creature spells you cast have Devour 1.
Whenever a creature you controls attacks, you may remove all the +1/+1 counters from that creature. That creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn for each counter removed this way.
4/4

Cause all out is the way to go. 
Rampaging Thoctar
Creature - Beast
Devour 2
Bloodrush - , Discard Rampaging Thoctar, Sacrifice any number of creatures: Target attacking creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is 3 plus twice the number of creatures sacrificed this way.
3/3
Rules Advisor
Rampaging Thoctar
Creature - Beast
Devour 2
Bloodrush - , Discard Rampaging Thoctar, Sacrifice any number of creatures: Target attacking creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is 3 plus twice the number of creatures sacrificed this way.
3/3

Well done. This is a great synthesis. I love it mechanically.

My only quibble is that I would rather it not be a Thoctar for flavor purposes, since they originated in Naya and this has Devour. I don't think there are any breeds of Beast specific to Jund, though. Hellion could be cool. We can always use more Hellions
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
Bloodshed Hellion 
Creature - Hellion
When ~ enters the battlefield, sacrifice each other creature you control. ~ enters with a +1/+1 counter for each creature sacrificed this way.
Haste, Unleash
At the beggining of each player's upkeep, ~ deals damage equal to the +1/+1 counters on ~ to that player.
Hellion parties are very popular. Sadly no ones ever been to two.
0/0

Its sorta devour. 
Bloodshed Hellion 
Creature - Hellion
When ~ enters the battlefield, sacrifice each other creature you control. ~ enters with a +1/+1 counter for each creature sacrificed this way.
Haste, Unleash
At the beggining of each player's upkeep, ~ deals damage equal to the +1/+1 counters on ~ to that player.
0/0

Its sorta devour. 

Bloodshed Hellion 
Creature - Hellion
Unleash, haste
Devour 1
~ must devour all creatures you control.
At the beggining of each player's upkeep, ~ deals damage to that player equal to the +1/+1 counters on it.
0/0

Less text, actual devour, and just a generally fun line to say.
Bloodshed Hellion 
Creature - Hellion
Haste, Unleash
0/0

Its sorta devour. 

Bloodshed Hellion 
Creature - Hellion
Unleash, haste
Devour 1
~ must devour all creatures you control.
At the beggining of each player's upkeep, ~ deals damage to that player equal to the +1/+1 counters on it.
0/0

Less text, actual devour, and just a generally fun line to say.

Creatures technacally can devour themself so this is effectively useless.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Could word it as "Must devour each other creature you control." Definetly more elegant...
No, they can't. It's "as" it enters, not "when" it enters. It isn't actually on the battlefield at the time of devouring.

Devour ruling:
You may sacrifice only creatures that are already on the battlefield. If a creature with devour and another creature are entering the battlefield under your control at the same time, the creature with devour can't devour that other creature. The creature with devour also can't devour itself.

Esper Mutation
Instant
Detain target creature.  Its controller loses life equal to the creature's power and puts cards from of his or her library into his or her graveyard equal to the creature's CMC.  You gain life equal to the creature's toughness.  If the creature detained is an artifact, draw a card.
Esper
Azorius/Dimir/Orzhov
Ether Judge
Artifact Creature - Sphinx
Flying, Vigilance
Reveal any number of artifact cards from your hand: For each colored card revealed this way detain target creature. For each other card revealed tap target creature. Activate this only as a sorcery and only once a turn.
5/5

Azorious Ethersculptor
Artifact Creature - Vedalken Artificer
: Detain target creature. That creature becomes an artifact in addition to its other types.
: Target artifact creature you control gains your choice of vigilance or flying.
1/4