The Druid (Unofficial Character Class for the 01/28/13 Playtest Packet)

I just figured I'd give this a shot. I haven't made a spell list yet, not have some of the class features been explained; however, I have given a rough outline of the druid transformation mechanic "Wild Form", and I want to hear what you guys think.

Version 1.45

How Swarm Druid swarms work:
-As a swarm, you automatically deal damage when you occupy an enemies's space/square/5x5 foot thingy (or 10X10 foot, or whatever size the opponent is)
-Enemies may make an opportunity attack against you when you enter their space
-You are resistant to piercing and slashing damage
-You are vulnerable to fire damage and to damage from AoE attacks (cones, blasts, bursts, whatever you want to call them)
-At 1st level, your swarm-form-thing is 5'X5' (1X1 squares/Medium size) and deals 1d6 damage 
-At 5th level, your swarm-form-thing is 10'X10' (2X2 squares/Large size) and deals 2d6 damage
-At 11th level, your swarm-form-thing is 15'X15' (3X3 squares/Huge size) and deals 3d6 damage

-Added AWESOME trait-ability-things for when druids hit fifteen levels. There are three, one for each Druidic Path
-Nerfed Entangle

-Fixed wild form to work with my current swarm rules (not included because they are still very rough, but you can use the 3.5 SRD rules for swarms to get an idea of how I am making them work)
-Added descriptions for all new 1st-level druid spells
-Created tables for Summon Nature's Ally spell slot levels 1-5
-Fixed Entangle - deals no damage, but creatures failing their saving throw instead become restrained 
-Replaced Climb with Search under Way of the Wing skill trainings
-Moved around Druid Class features and added Trackless step
-Added description for Badger's Resistance

-Finished describing current class features, edited wild form to explain some things on the table I forgot.

-Updated the Druidic paths with cantrips, skill trainings, and wild forms.
-Added a description of the Druid-only cantrip, Entangle.
-Changed Druid table formatting to make it easier to read

-Changed the way Wild Form works, and added a section on Druidic Paths.

Good stuff, but you may be interested to know that the official druid might make it into the very next playtest packet. This is according to the latest WotC D&D podcast. I'm sure it'll be fun to compare yours and theirs.
Good stuff, but you may be interested to know that the official druid might make it into the very next playtest packet. This is according to the latest WotC D&D podcast. I'm sure it'll be fun to compare yours and theirs.

Really?  Is there a link to the podcast?

Awww, damn, really? Oh well, I suppose it will be interesting to compare mine to the official one. Also, I'm just about to update the link to the most recent version - all class features in the table are now described. 

Also, where do you get the WotC D&D podcast?

EDIT: Ha, beat me to it, ImmortalRyuujin!
Why does the flying path grant the Climb skill? Birds and bats are notoriously terrible at that sort of thing.

The metagame is not the game.

Why does the flying path grant the Climb skill? Birds and bats are notoriously terrible at that sort of thing.

Well, honestly, I couldn't think of anything that fit better between the "Useful" and "Fits" ends of the spectrum. I'd be glad to hear suggestions for another skill and why I should use that one.
Official podcasts can be found here:  http://www.wizards.com/dnd/archive.aspx?category=newsresources&subcategory=podcasts
They could get access to Sneak instead of Climb, perhaps?  Birds and bats can be sneaky bastards right up until the moment they go to strike.

Another possibility is giving them Search instead, to emulate the idea of heightened awareness?

Just spit-ballin' here =) 
They could get access to Sneak instead of Climb, perhaps?  Birds and bats can be sneaky bastards right up until the moment they go to strike.

Another possibility is giving them Search instead, to emulate the idea of heightened awareness?

Just spit-ballin' here =) 

I think Search might be better, too, now that you mention it. Thanks for the suggestion!
No bear, lion or tiger?  
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
No bear, lion or tiger?  

I might swap out the Allosaur for saber-toothed cat, but that would mean that you can't turn into a carnivorous therapod, and those are arguably more awesome than the saber-toothed cat. If you help me houserule more flying creatures for each level of wild form, I will put in lions, tigers, and bears. Oh my. Also, just updated it so that Way of the Swarm makes a bit more sense for swarms.
I think what I would do is sort the ways more specifically like reptile, feline, canine, wing, bear, swarm. That's just what I can think of. 
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
I think what I would do is sort the ways more specifically like reptile, feline, canine, wing, bear, swarm. That's just what I can think of. 

The problem with that is there wil be too many builds and not enough animals to fill them out. There still aren't stats fo all the Wing wild forms. Plus the max builds the other classes have is about 6, I think, for the rogue. I wanted the druid to be simpler - it's already both a martial and a spellcaster, and gets some pretty cool stuff later on, so I tried to keep it fairly straightforward. I might add another, more peaceful healing-type druidic path later.