Golgarimic (Golgari and Simic meet)

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
This was an idea I had from Koridian on the 20 questions forum.
Honestly if you think about it both simic and golgari have somewhat similar ideals. Improving nature through forced natural means. Also they both share a color and a an allied color. So here's the idea.

Devolving Rat
Creature - Rat Mutant
Evolve, Intimidate
While ~ is in your graveyard, creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them have intimidate.
You think rats are bad now? They used to be much much worse.
1/1

Primal Beast
Creature - Beast
Trample
Scavenge
While ~ is in your graveyard, creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them have trample.
6/0

Experimental Growth Subject Twelve
Creature - Zombie Ooze
Evolve, Graft 2
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you must graft from ~ if able. If you cannot, sacrifice ~.
Whenever a +1/+1 counter is removed from a creature you control, put a 1/1 green Saproling token into play. This ability only activates while ~ is in your graveyard.
0/0 
So...the Ana wedge?

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

i love blue/green/black
it's silly that there are only 4 blue/green/black cards (and three of them are legendary!)

i like the rats -- simple, straight forward, color-appropriate

the beast.. not so much -- it's really messy; just too much going on; and being 0 toughness only makes it messier

the zombie's name sounds legendary -- a zombie ooze is a great concept -- again, it's very messy, though ------ note the wording on the last part of the zombie ooze: "this abilty only activates..." - it's a triggered ability; wording would be better along lines of: "Whenver ___, if ~ is in your graveyard, put ____"
Yeah, I threw the in the grave part on after the fact, should have left it as is. Oh well. Anyone else have any designs for it?

@Koridian: I agree. All the enemy wedges have only four cards, three of which are legendary. Ones the dragon for that wedge and two of those others where made for commander. It is a bummer.

Also the beast was a riff off of Force of Savgery with a lower power to compensate the scavenge. Also I rather liked the choice it presents. Perhaps I should make it a 5/-1 and enter with a +1/+1 counter? Then thats just really weird. I don't know
Experimental Growth Subject #12
Creature - Ooze Zombie
Graft 2, evolve
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, move a counter from ~ onto that creature.
As long as ~ is in your graveyard, whenever a counter is removed from a creature you control, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
0/0

The graft or die seems unnecessary, it's a 0/0, in most situations it would just die from the forced graft, also it ends up reading like fading. It won't be a common enough occurance that you need to force it to kill itself, so madatory graft should be fine.
Also, in cases like its last ability, it's generally better to just let it work for any generic counter to reduce wordiness and just to let people play with -1/-1 or divinity counters or something.
genetic studies are to create something different
but I can appreciate the +1/+1 chip system

Graft 2, evolve
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, move a counter from ~ onto that creature.
As long as ~ is in your graveyard, whenever a counter is removed from a creature you control, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
0/0

This enters into play with 2 +1/+1 chips
Whenever a creature you control enter play,
  move a +1/+1 chip from this to that creature.
If this is in your graveyard,
 if a chip on a creature you control is remove
  put a 1/1 green saporling token into play.

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

Lestat the Musical: I want more
Stitched Together Hybrid
Creature - Zombie Mutant
Dredge 4
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from your graveyard. ~ enters with +1/+1 counters equal to the highest power plus the highest toughness of the those two cards and is all creature types of cards exiled this way, in addition to its other types.
0/0

Cause if you can't combine them alive, kill them, stitche their bits together, and reanimate them.... 
I'd say up the cost to 5 or 6 and reduce the dredge to 2 or 3. The best comparison is probably Relentless Skaabs
Sutured Ghoul costs seven, has trample, and has the total power and toughness of all the cards exiled. This is much more limited and lacks the trample. I could see dropping the dredge to 3 though.
I'd say up the cost to 5 or 6 and reduce the dredge to 2 or 3. The best comparison is probably Relentless Skaabs

As an additional cost to cast Relentless Skaabs, exile a creature card from your graveyard.

Undying (When this creature dies, if it had no +1/+1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a +1/+1 counter on it.)

To cast this,
also exile a creature from your graveyard.
Undying(when this dies with no +1/+1 chips,
  return it to play with a +1/+1 chip.
"~what kills me, makes me stronger"

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

Lestat the Musical: I want more
This isn't strictly golgari but:

Primordial Wellspring
Creature - Elemental Ooze
Graft 3, Evolve, Undying
No matter how much of it we sample, it replenishes itself.
0/0