Simic G/U Evolve deck

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking for advice on my new Evolve deck. Don't want it to be too expensive, so, keep the Thragtusks and Shocklands, until Dragon's Maze at least, and their ilk out. 

EDIT: Managed to pick up a Zegana. Will put Bioshift and Scute Mob on the sideboard.
 24 Land
 Forest X11
 Island x11
 Simic Guildgate x2
 11 Spells
 Simic Keyrune x1
 Increasing Savagery x1
 Blessings of Nature x2
 Urban Evolution x1
 Unexpected Results x1
 Simic Charm x3
 Rapid Hybridization x2
 26 Creatures
 Prime Speaker Zegana
 Fathom Mage x1
 Lorescale Coatl x1
 Crowned Ceratok x1
 Simic Manipulator x1
 Master Biomancer x1
 Zameck Guildmage x2
 Elusive Krasis x2
 Adaptive Snapjaw x3
 Shambleshark x2
 Experiment One x2
 Drakewing Krasis x3
 Crocanura x3
 Cloudfin Raptor x3

SIDEBOARD 15
 Frilled Oculus x2
 Kraken Hatchling x2
 Scute Mob x2
 Bioshift x2
 Sapphire Drake x1
 Mystic Genesis X1
 Nimbus Swimmer x1
 Aetherize x1
 Wildwood Rebirth x1
 Hydroform x2
if Prime Speaker Zegana wasnt around 14, I would suggest 1-2, shes amazing. I dont know why I love it so much, but Frilled Oculus. His toughness is nice to set off the smaller evolve creatures, plus +2/+2 for two mana? yes please alot of people say the rings were crap, but Ring of Kalonia and Ring of Evos Isle on the biomancer is just ridiculous, I have done it once, couldnt play Zegana without the fear of drawing my entire deck :P well I hope this helps
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
30 lands

Forest X12
 Island x12
 Simic Guildgate x2
Novijen, Heart of Progress x4
 10 Spells
 Increasing Savagery x1
 Blessings of Nature x2
 Urban Evolution x1
 Unexpected Results x1
 Simic Charm x3
 Rapid Hybridization x2
26 Critters
 Fathom Mage x1
 Lorescale Coatl x1
 Crowned Ceratok x1
 Simic Manipulator x1
 Master Biomancer x1
 Zameck Guildmage x2
 Elusive Krasis x2
 Adaptive Snapjaw x2
 Shambleshark x4
Kraken Hatchling x4
 Crocanura x3
 Cloudfin Raptor x4

Took out the unecessary junk, and just flat out bad cards, and put in some awesome cards. I would do it completely differently though. 
The Frilled Oculus' and the Kraken Hatchlings will be moved to the sideboard, along with some decent cards I picked up. I can accept the removal of Ivy Lane Denizen and Hunger of the Howlpack , but have no idea why one would want to remove the Drakewing Krasis s or Experiment One s. A Zegana will probably be added if I can get my hands on one from an upcaming draft.
Shouldn't be hard, I have already pulled five of her
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
The Frilled Oculus' and the Kraken Hatchlings will be moved to the sideboard, along with some decent cards I picked up. I can accept the removal of Ivy Lane Denizen and Hunger of the Howlpack , but have no idea why one would want to remove the Drakewing Krasis s or Experiment One s. A Zegana will probably be added if I can get my hands on one from an upcaming draft.

Scute mob, bond beetlle, treefolk harbinger, and simic initiate are way cuter. I just think that experiment pails in comparison with cloudfin. Cloudfin has flying, and is easier to evolve. And experiment's second ability is kind of meh.

Bond beetle helps put counters on fathom mage. Simic initiate can bump up any creature that comes in so it'll evolve everyone. Treefolk will evolve everyone with its toughness and drag in more lands. Scute mOB HAS ALL THE COUNTERS GOSH, ready to be transferred onto fathom mage or simic manipulator. If your trying to keep it flavourful just use simic initiate.

I took out drakewing because its just very, very okay. And there are much better 3 mana cards to use up his slot. There are cards with the same power or higher for his cost. Better flyers for his cost. Cloudfin already flies. He is obscenely squishy for his cost. And the trample is just kind of tacked onto him.

Look around, browse before you select him to use up valuable card space.

Might I recomend some graft creatures? They synergise fabulously with evolve, by buffing up the enw creature before it hits the battlefield so it can evolve everyone. Cytoplast Root-Kin is awesome for the new evolve creatures. Aquastrand spider and Vigean Hydropon are pretty good too.
Thanks for the tips, just a few problems. I just have no way to move counters around, apart for possible grafting creatures, and that to a small extent. Scute Mob's plethora of counters would be useless if I cannot move them around, which would require taking up even more space with cards such as Simic Fluxmage or Bioshift The Treefolk is alright, but the mana curve is good enough so that I will rarely be able to not play anything, so the extra land is kind of useless. Bond Beetle seems just a bit....weak. A 0/1 is not going to evolve stuff, and a single counter is not going to make a great difference, even if it lets you draw a card in a fairly specific situation, and I already have a good amount of draw power in this deck. I will, however, search for better flyers than Drakewing Krasis .
Thanks for the tips, just a few problems. I just have no way to move counters around, apart for possible grafting creatures, and that to a small extent. Scute Mob's plethora of counters would be useless if I cannot move them around, which would require taking up even more space with cards such as Simic Fluxmage or Bioshift The Treefolk is alright, but the mana curve is good enough so that I will rarely be able to not play anything, so the extra land is kind of useless. Bond Beetle seems just a bit....weak. A 0/1 is not going to evolve stuff, and a single counter is not going to make a great difference, even if it lets you draw a card in a fairly specific situation, and I already have a good amount of draw power in this deck. I will, however, search for better flyers than Drakewing Krasis .

Bioshift just so happens to be a beautifully underrated card that is amazing in simic and awful everywhere else. Pick it up. Yeah it takes up card space but its really cute and handy. And with stuff like increasing savagery in your deck it really shines.