Beta client wont load collection

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have some kind of bug since the last update where the client no longer loads my collection. It stopped doing so at first when I was logged in, but would allow me to load it offline first. 

Now that no longer works since Ive reinstalled the client. I reinstalled as it wouldnt allow me to make tix tradable. It kept giving me a message telling me to log on first, when I obviously already was. It still says its loading my collection while offline as before, but now nothing at all appears afterwards    

Can anyone please help? I literally cant play now, as apparently I no longer own anything :/ I'm on windows 8 btw.
I'm on windows 8 as well and I have the same problem with the beta client where my collection isn't showing up. I can't play or build new decks since the program seems to think I don't own any cards. I've rebooted my computer, reinstalled the client, but it didn't fix anything.
Yep, same here tested with Windows 7 and 8, you can select and play with your decks but you can't edit then.
Another issue is that I can't buy anything in the store.
Same thing here: no collection anymore, no way to see my previous decks, and trying to import a deck fails. I'm on Windows 8. Here's a screenshot of what I've been looking at for the past half-hour:

Same here, using Windows Vista 64. Raised a ticket with support, but no reply so far.
My collection won't load in the beta client after this latest update. I went back to V3 of Magic and my collection is still there.

I also entered a trade on the beta client and the client just goes black. No new window opens with the other person's collection. There is no way for me to cancel out of the trade.
same here, cant play because I have no cards and can't buy anything (no tixx...)
same here...

a temporary solution is to :

1- click the icon to load MTGO BETA

2- at login screen, click "collection TAB", it will load your collection/decks...

3- go back to login screen and login normally..

4- when logged, u shpould have access to your collection.

worked for meh... Cool

I just downloaded the beta on my new laptop today.  My collection also failed to load when I logged in.

So, I just logged out, logged back in, waited about 1-2 minutes on the home screen, then clicked my collection.

It loaded just fine, not sure if it was the relog, the wating a couple min before trying the collection, or both...but that's one way that it should work

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
I just downloaded the beta on my new laptop today.  My collection also failed to load when I logged in.

So, I just logged out, logged back in, waited about 1-2 minutes on the home screen, then clicked my collection.

It loaded just fine, not sure if it was the relog, the wating a couple min before trying the collection, or both...but that's one way that it should work

i no have so much patience

edit: btw, trade works too !! 
There's been an update to the client (I assume Gatecrash related), but it hasn't fixed anything for the collection loading...
I confirm that going into the Collection tab before logging in will load your collection properly. Alas, it's a very poor workaround: if you get new cards from the current client, they never show up in the Beta. I'm really hoping WotC will sort this out soon. 
I upgraded to BETA 3.4.72.279. I still don't get my collection when I log in. I tried the trick of going to collection before logging in. No cards were shown there either. I was able to import a deck but they were all crossed out like I didn't own any of the cards, when I have played the deck many times before. I updated and loaded the old version of Magic (V3) and it loads my collection fine.
Exact same situation here, and I am not able to buy tickets, packs or anything... I have been waiting for the prerelease weekend and now I am not able to play it...

Ayone from Wizards or the development team of the Beta can tell us how to fix this... We are missing the prerelease for god's sake!
Well, my collection all came back yesterday evening, cards and decks. Alas, I haven't done anything. I just tried once more to launch the beta and let it run, just hoping. I have no idea if Wizards changed anything on the server side.
I have the same problem...i couldnt play yesterday...perhaps the server of the beta was over saturated but it is a real pity...i love th beta, but the fact that you can not play anytime you want is a bit frustrating.... you guys run it like administrators? Perhaps it has something to do with that

Anyone from Wizards has anything to say abou this?
I am not as lucky as you Alphi, still can´t see my collection and still can't buy product to be able to play the prerelease.

Did you guys try this?

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
I did not try EXACTLY that. As far as I remember, the only thing I did was to load the old client, get the collection to load, close it and then open the beta. No idea if that is what did it, though.

Did you guys try this?

Tried it, doesn´t work, the store doesn´t load data, and if it does (after waiting from 15 to 45 minutes) I am not able to put anything on my basket.

This is trully infuriating me, I reserved this weekend to play prerelease and now I am not able to do it... really considering giving up magic online and put my money in something that actually works.
This is trully infuriating me, I reserved this weekend to play prerelease and now I am not able to do it... really considering giving up magic online and put my money in something that actually works.

Don't do that! If you really can't handle the issues use the old client until all the bugs of the beta are ironed out. The old client works fine.

For myself. My collection is loading again, although now it displays multiple cards I have 0 of too. In addition, it doubles the amount of other cards I do actually have. It's really hard to see what I do and don't have.

Hope the collection starts working fine again soon.
Loading my collection before helps a big deal, but I am still unable to buy anything in the store...i wanted to buy the Boros guildmark!
Also now I dont have sound...you guys experienced the no sound issue as well?
Loading my collection before helps a big deal, but I am still unable to buy anything in the store...i wanted to buy the Boros guildmark!
Also now I dont have sound...you guys experienced the no sound issue as well?

Yes!, totally forgot to mention that but it's true, no sound also.
Oh wow! I thought the problem was solved on my side, but here's a new one! The Beta crashed on me during a daily (first time in months, actually), but I managed to start the game normally upon reloading. After game 1, however, the sideboard screen was empty! Yep, I was playing a deck with no cards... When I went into my collection, no surprise, nothing there...

I also submitted a ticket about a week ago, I think, but still no reply. Is Wizard actually lookign into this? Is it just affecting a few people, or are there some bigger issues since the last client update? It'd be nice to know if it's still worthwhile playing dailies on the Beta...

Ok, I'm now on a rant. Tried to play a few games in the Beta, but it crashed twice in about an hour. Went back to the old client to put in a few games. Except I could not find the deck I was testing. Nor any of the ones I've created this week. So... 1/ Could Wizard have a GOOD look at the current state of the Beta? I have been using it non stop for the past 3 months, and I can tell something has gone very wrong... 2/ Could we please have the offline saving for decks now? Online only is a BAD solution to an innexisting problem. 

Grrrr. 
I can report that totally uninstalling the Beta Client from Control Panel -> Programs and then reinstalling from the website fixed the problems for me on both my Win7 machines.  My guess is that some data from old versions was in a format that was confusing the newest release and only by wiping it out did it fix it.
Ok, I'm now on a rant. Tried to play a few games in the Beta, but it crashed twice in about an hour. Went back to the old client to put in a few games. Except I could not find the deck I was testing. Nor any of the ones I've created this week. So... 1/ Could Wizard have a GOOD look at the current state of the Beta? I have been using it non stop for the past 3 months, and I can tell something has gone very wrong... 2/ Could we please have the offline saving for decks now? Online only is a BAD solution to an innexisting problem. 

Grrrr. 

Do you know how to access net decks on v3?  I don't know if it will work, but the decks saved on the beta may go into the v3 net decks.

Thanks. Yes I know: all my decks were there, except for the past few ones i had created recently.
Im having the probelm as well.  Same symptoms.  Been using the Beta for months and then no collection with the new build.  No  ability to buy in the store.  Would like to know something from Wizards.  I filed a report over a week ago and nothing. 

Please respond. 
it is now not working , no sound, cant buy....what happened??? it was working so well.... if this is the biggest Wizards proyect for MTGO they should put more people working on it, this is bad for the beta reputation...

Any of you guys got any tips to make it work??
Some people reported that after you logged on the live client then the beta started working. If that doesn't work go play on the live client and/or wait until it gets fixed.
Per Chris, there was a hotfix this afternoon that should fix this problem.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Now it is working well....GREAT!!! the beta rules...anyone knows when the beta will become the official client?
Now it is working well....GREAT!!! the beta rules...anyone knows when the beta will become the official client?

Later this year.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
My copy of the beta still wont load my collection or fully load the store
Worked last night when I first logged on after downloading the update.  Logged on today...same problem: no collection and no store buying.

Worked last night when I first logged on after downloading the update.  Logged on today...same problem: no collection and no store buying.

Re-logged and is working.  Will keep an eye on it, may not be out of the woods yet.

But thanks for the work on this! 
It`s not working, any idea what`s going on?

My collection loaded. I'm running beta version 3.4.72.280. I click on collection before I logged in and I saw a message box with a loading bar that said loading collection. I didn't have any cards until I logged in, and then I saw my whole collection and decks back. I'm not sure hat happened to fix Magic Online Beta. I didn't do anything, and it works again.
My collection loaded. I'm running beta version 3.4.72.280. I click on collection before I logged in and I saw a message box with a loading bar that said loading collection. I didn't have any cards until I logged in, and then I saw my whole collection and decks back. I'm not sure hat happened to fix Magic Online Beta. I didn't do anything, and it works again.

It will work from time to time but 90% chances of not loading propertly, some times will end frozen here:

Also, that method does not work if you get new cards, as you are just loading your collection from your hard drive. So once your collection got modified, you have to hope the beta behaves to see the new cards.
Sign In to post comments