Memorant

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Memorant

Creature - Elephant
4/4
Trample
When Memorant dies, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of Memorant.

-or-

When Memorant dies, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of a creature that dealt damage to Memorant this turn. [not sure the mechanics would work on this one]
So Memorant plus a decent sac engine is an infinite?
Yah... not sure if that's overboard. Maybe the ability should be to just put in a 4/4 Elephant token with trample, but the point of the card is that an elephant never forgets. Cheesy, sure, but I've never seen it in a Magic card. I like the idea of putting in a copy of a creature that killed it, but with the different zones cards can be in it seems complicated.
Yah... not sure if that's overboard. Maybe the ability should be to just put in a 4/4 Elephant token with trample, but the point of the card is that an elephant never forgets. Cheesy, sure, but I've never seen it in a Magic card. I like the idea of putting in a copy of a creature that killed it, but with the different zones cards can be in it seems complicated.

You could go with a Dark Revenant (where it goes to the top of your library). I'm afraid I have no real clue if your other idea could work.
I think an intervening "if" is in order here...

"When Memorant dies, if it was destroyed by combat damage from or an ability of a creature, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield."

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

I, for one, second IceMetalPimp. "If this elephant died in combat" 'n so on and so forth out to the seamless horizons of fate's sick-baller destiny.
When Memorant dies, put a token that is a copy of it onto the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.

RAWR DELAYED TRIGGERS.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.