Alternative Cost: Hitman

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hitman (Cost)- You may cast this creature for its hitman cost. If you do, it enters play with a hitman counter on it. Whenever it deals combt damage to a player, sacrifice it.

Deathmask Recruit    2B
Lifelink
Hitman: B
2/2

Deathmask Hunter    4B
Hitman: BBB
4/2

Horned Mercenary    3RRR
Haste
"   " attacks each turn if able.
Hitman: 3R
5/1                

Cunning Assassin   2UB
Flash
Hitman: 1UB
Whenever " " damages a player, draw a card.
1/3

It's like Unleash, but different.

Marked for Death    BB
Enchantment- Aura
Whenever enchanted creature blocks or becomes blocked by an assassin creature, destroy enchanted creature and return marked for death to its owner's hand.                     
Actually, I suppose Black shouldn't get a 2/2 Lifelink wall for B. So maybe takeaway Lifelink or the ability to block; even if it could block when it wasn't a hitman. That same restriction could perhaps tie to all of them, again increasing the parralel with Unleash.
I don't understand the flavor.

I think it's "hitting" your opponent, and then it's "fulfilled its contract". Or something.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I think the other player hires a hitman to kill your creature after they take damage. Or something.
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah

I think it's "hitting" your opponent, and then it's "fulfilled its contract". Or something.

You got it in one! It's not AMAZINGLY flavourful, but hey. What can you do?

Deathhead Watcher  5UB
Unblockable 
Hitman: 3UB
4/4     

Death Plot      3UUB
Put an Assassin creature onto the battlefield from your hand. That creature fights target tapped creature an opponent controls.    
I dunno mang, what if it was all like, "Any opponent may choose to have this creature enter the battlefield with a Hit Counter all up on it."

And then, things like "As long as this creature has a Hit Counter all up on its grill, it has haste, or flying, or +3/+3, or it is a Legendary Beast of Epic Bloody Proportions."
I dunno mang, what if it was all like, "Any opponent may choose to have this creature enter the battlefield with a Hit Counter all up on it."

And then, things like "As long as this creature has a Hit Counter all up on its grill, it has haste, or flying, or +3/+3, or it is a Legendary Beast of Epic Bloody Proportions."

"all up on it" is not standard wording

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
I didn't even know Ken Kesey played Magic

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

I like the concept of an alternate cost that allows your creatures to become one shots (like Evoke with attack steps), but you're right that the execution needs to be refined somewhat.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Mechanically, this feels more red than black.
Flavorfully, this kind of keeps you stuck in black because other colors almost never get non-gold assassins.
I think I could push the flavour into almost any colour. Mono red/blue assassins are probably doable. After all, it just depends who they're assassinating. Each one could be a member of the assassin group at a different rank- blue watchers, red fighters, and black executors. It's only a little further a push than mono-red Boros members, or mono-red wizards for that matter.

Searobe Watcher   3U
When_ etb, return target creature to its owner's hand.
Hitman: 1UU
2/2          

Brass-hand Scrapper  1R
Hitman R
2/1