DLCR: Arrows of Justice

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other GTC card to rate is...

Arrows of Justice

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This card is good.  I had one at the prerelease and it helped me a lot.  It can kill almost anything that attacks or blocks and it's splashable.

Discuss! 
Conditional removal is still removal.  I'd probably say 3.0.
Yeah this card is really sweet. I think 3.5 is warranted.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Conditional removal is still removal.  I'd probably say 3.0.

And as far as conditional removal is concerned, you couldn't ask for much more.  4 damage kills a lot in this set, and is pretty punishing.  Considering that most any deck that runs R/W will be able to use it, I'll give it 3.0-3.5.  I would pass a fair number of cards over this, and pretty much the only things I wouldn't would be Grisly Spectacle or legitimate bombs.
I would put this in the 3.0 range. But since it works for 3 guilds it'll probably get picked higher than other 3.0s.
Was avenging arrow a 3.0? This is better than that. 3-3.5 for me.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Avenging Arrow is not a close comparison to this card (there's a big difference in killing something before and after it hits).
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!

Avenging Arrow is not a close comparison to this card (there's a big difference in killing something before and after it hits).

Except I was referring to how Avenging Arrow was ranked as a 3.0 situational removal and wanted to point out this deserved to be ranked higher exactly because it's better...?

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Except I was referring to how Avenging Arrow was ranked as a 3.0 situational removal and wanted to point out this deserved to be ranked higher exactly because it's better...?

I agree (I gave this card 3.5).
3.5. This has always been great.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Not only is it removal, but it's highly splashable removal.

clan defiance is a 4.5. This is nowhere near that power level. Don't get me wrong though, it's an early pick. 3 to 3.5.
Yeah, real good removal that can easily be played in pretty much any deck.

3.0-3.5 
Happened at the Prerelease.

Opponent: Attack with Burning Tree Shaman.
Me: I take 2 go down to 3.
Opponent: Zhur-Twa Swine Bloodrush, you lose.
Me: Arrowss of Justice in response, no I don't

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Why is everyone rating 3 drop conditional divine verdict so highly?

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Why is everyone rating 3 drop conditional divine verdict so highly?

3-drops are better than 4-drops.
Hybrid mana makes it easier to cast.
GTC has crappy removal, core sets have relatively good removal.

Those are my guesses.

This notwithstanding, I probably wouldn't rate it higher than 3, especially not if I'm playing Boros.
3.0 You guys are sick in the head =  p  Way to conditional to go higher
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
3-3.5. It fits in a lot of guilds or is easily spashable.

I believe Avenging Arrow also got graded high because of the general lack of removals in RTR. I don't think it would get more than 2.5 in GTC.

I think 3-3.5 is fair enough.
I can easily see myself P1P2 this and even P1P1 in a mediocre pack.